Emergency Physician, Critical Care Specialist

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. DrScore.
 |  The condescension was dripping off the walls!  |  show details
by Kathy J on Sep 23rd, 2013

OK - I am not normally given to drama or hyperbole, but the doctor was ridiculously condescending to me when I brought in my eleven-year-old son who had a small but deep cut on his face. When I told him that it had been almost a full day since my son had received the cut (I had just picked him up from a slumber party), Alterman said in the most condescending voice - as though any moron should have known it - that it was too late for stitches. His tone and facial expression were beyond arrogance; he appeared disgusted with my presence. Both my son and I were shocked and confused by this encounter. It could be that a normally good doctor was having a bad day, but his negativity was so extreme that I have to think he must take some satisfaction in elevating himself over a mere non-doctor. This would have been quite the Candid Camera skit, but unfortunately, he wasn't acting. Ugh!!!

|  STAY AWAY!!! FROM DR. RUSSELL ALTERMAN IN UPLAND CA,  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2013

ALTERMAN IS THE RUDEST UNPROFESSIONAL DOCOTOR THAT I HAVE EVER EXPERIANCED IN MY LIFE… UNFORTUNATLY I LOVE GOING TO ADVANCE URGENT CARE IN UPLAND! THE OTHERE TWO DOCTORS ARE PROFESSINAL. EXCEPT FOR RUSSELL ALTERMAN!!! I CAN TELL BY HIS OTHER REVIEWS IM NOT THE ONLY ONE THAT FEELS THIS WAY! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE EVERY TIME, MY STOMACH CURLS JUST TO KNOW HES THERE! WHEN HE COMES IN THE ROOM TO SERVICE YOUR NEEDS IT’S ALWAYS AN UNCOMFORTABLE FEELING, THEY SHOULD REALLY HAVE A NURSE WITH HIM AT ALL TIMES. I’M CONCIDERING REPORTING HIM TO STATE MEDICAL LICENSING BOARD TO FILE A COMPLAINT AGAINST DR. RUSSELL ALTERMAN. I ALWAYS LEAVE UNSURE OF DR. RUSSELL ALTERMAN DESCISIONS MADE AND FEEL VIOLATED…

|  Underwhelming  |  show details
by Lorenzo L on Feb 20th, 2013

Gets the job done like any doctor, I suppose, but if you like to feel like your doctor cares even in the slightest about you, this is not the fellow to see. Strangely aloof - too mentally preoccupied to absorb any answer given to his questions. Very subpar listening skills overall. 1 for recommending I see a specialist per the rulebook, -1 for a shot in the dark misdiagnosis. Get in, get diagnosed, don't expect any follow-up questions, deep-digging, or concern from Mr. Alterman.

|  Very good doctor!  |  show details
Aug 24th, 2012

He checked me out and went right to work solving my hip problem. He is easy to talk to and listens very well. thanks, charles Miller

|  show details
Aug 10th, 2012

Dr. Alterman was extremely rude and uninformative. I had to undergo an explorative procedure and when it became painful without warning, he did not acknowledge my discomfort. I even asked what he was doing and he said "hang on" but never answered my question. He not only misdiagnosed me but made the problem worse with his overly-aggressive inspection. He left the room giving me very little advice and told me to go "look it up on Web. M.D." Alright, sir, I did not pay $170 to be told to go google it. Puh-leeese. Frustrating, to say the least. Dr. Alterman isn't my first choice... or second... or third.

|  stay away from alterman  |  show details
May 12th, 2009

ALTERMAN is the RUDEST most unprofessional arrogant typical ahole doctor you can ever get. He leaves much to be desired in quality health care and I do not recommend him. STAY AWAY if YOU WANT TO STAY ALIVE!