Cardiologists
67 Irving Pl
Fl 7
New York, NY 10003
212-979-3224
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  bette  |  show details
Feb 10th, 2014

Veryy unhappy with DR, Berdorff. My husband had major heart surgery with ofcourse a heart surgeon and NOT ONCE did Berdoff as his cardiologist come into see him,, Not once!!! I found him to be apathetic at best even prior to his surgery.. I have never heard of a Dr. not coming into see how his patient is doing, and speak with the family. It discusted me. I can add some more negatives about him, but I will stop here. I have a friend whose Father was very ill, he responded to him as if he was making it up, it turned out to be a brain tumor, he never sent him for the correct tests. I think he should retire, if hasn't by now. There is one other story that a relative of my could tell you, her family member probably would been alive to today had he taken care of the patient the way he should.

|  Staff sucks  |  show details
by Joe on Oct 4th, 2013

It's unfortunate to comment about a doctor based on his staff, but to be clear this is purely about the staff, and to some extent the office. I was turned away from a scheduled appointment after waiting 2 weeks for a follow up to a STENT insertion which was successful. The front desk said I owed over a hundred dollars and cannot see the doctor. I was directed to a bookkeeper who indicated that my insurance didn't cover it. I told her that I had mailed my responses that she is using the wrong insurance for that time frame and had sent the correct one. I asked if she had my letters. She fudged the answer, to which I said that the letters contained the information which I didn't have on me as I didn't expect this treatment. I surmise that any letter coming in without a check enclosed gets tossed regardless of the content. Anyhow, I've decided to make my peace with them because my interest is the doctor, not the staff, but haven't heard back even though I've given the insurance info for that visit over the phone. The office is dark, dank, outdated, worn out, with antiquated furnishing and facilities, and some references to religious items. The exam rooms are cramped and unappealing, not sure about testing capabilities, though they performed my tests within the office. The doctor himself is first rate, very knowledgeable, expert, and I have full confidence and trust in him. The only thing I can think of, is given new information about my condition, I should've been advised of other options such as medication in lieu of a STENT placement. This is all hindsight and I'm actually glad I got the STENT and am more careful with my diet and exercise.

|  There are Better Cardiologists Offices  |  show details
Aug 10th, 2012

This is a good place if you'd like to spend 3 hours waiting around for tests, then get sent to another place because they cannot do a certain test, only to be charged close to $500, which was not disclosed in advance, AND not notified of the test results or given ANY feedback. Office rarely picks up the phone. High marks for the nice office decor and AC for that wait, and the bedside manner, low marks for everything else.

|  Great cardiologist  |  show details
May 27th, 2011

I would put my life in Dr Berdoff's hands as he has already saved mine.

|  show details
Feb 12th, 2011

Office staff very caring and friendly. Dr. Berdoff spent time listening and explaining things to me. I had seen him on the PBS special about heart problems-and he is as good as he seemed on TV! I have never been so confident in what a Doctor told me!

|  show details
by Andrew Kim on Aug 19th, 2009

I never got a chance to see him because the staff was the WORST I ever dealt with in my life where I left 2 phone messages to call me back to schedule an appointment but they never returned my calls(that was 2 weeks ago!)