A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Russell Carlson:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Russell Carlson is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Carlson
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Carlson Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Russell Carlson, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
Education & Awards
Dr. Carlson graduated from Texas A&M University , College Station.
Dr. Carlson has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Catholic Health System - Mercy Hospital of Buffalo
- Catholic Health System/Sisters of Charity Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Russell E Carlson MD is a male Surgeon, has 27 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Russell E. Carlson practice?
- Dr. Russell Carlson has 6 office locations.
Dr. Russell Carlson practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Buffalo, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Niagara Falls, NY.
See Buffalo Surgeons.