A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ruth Karunananthan:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Ruth Karunananthan is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ruth Karunananthan, MBBS, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- She has special expertise in 1 area:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
Education & Awards
Dr. Karunananthan graduated from University Of Zimbabwe, Harare. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Karunananthan has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Los Angeles County + University of Southern California Medical Center
- Huntington Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Karunananthan accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 14 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 95 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Care 1st Health Plan - 3 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 3 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
- LA Care Health Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 7 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans