Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.0

|  Pills, pills, pills, and more pills  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2012

I suffer from extremely severe migraines. During the year that I was a patient of Dr. Murra's, his treatment plan was to give me pills. I got new prescriptions every time I when to the office. When one medicine or a combination of medicines did not work or I had an allergic reactions to the medicines, I was given a new set of pills to try. I think that he prescribe ever epilepsy on the market and I do not have epilepsy. Once in response to severe skin inflammation, fever, and rash caused by a triptan class medication, Dr. Murra prescribed medicine for the inflammation. I had told Dr. Murra that I was allergic to triptan medications. My primary doctor was very shocked to hear this. Dr. Murra refused to believe that the medicines were making me feel like a zombie and that I looked and feel like someone that third degree sunburn. My husband went with me to an appointment to explain to Dr. Murra that the medicines were making me extremely lethargic and about the allergic reactions. My husband and I were not happy with Dr. Murra's methods of trying many different medications to treatment my migraines. I suffered through many medicine related side effects, some severe, and never got relief for my migraines. I am current patient of Dr. Carlton Perry and a pain management specialist. They are working together to find treatments for my migraines that do not include taking antidepressants, epilepsy medicines, and triptans.