Psychiatrist

2.5

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. DrScore.
Run do not even think bout trying!!!! show details Run do not even think bout trying!!!!
Aug 18th, 2016

I have been a patient of "Dr" Pyle' for over two years. At first Ms Pyle was attentive and kind. My medical physician referred me for aniexity. Roughly after a year Ms Pyle wanted to change the medication she was prescribing. When I asked why she did not answer. She said to remind her at my next appointment. Three months later at my next appointment I mentioned that she wanted me to remind her. Ms. Pyle asked me why did she want to change it. I told her that I didn't know and it was her wishes. Ms. Pyle quickly snapped at me stating I should know. My medication was not changed, thankfully! For the rest of the year my appointments where stressful from Ms. Pyle's belittling attitude. My medical physician would add a medication and I would mention the new medication to Ms. Pyle. Ms. Pyle would constantly respond that she will leave that to the medical doctors. THAT was not her area!!!!!! The hardest part of being "Dr." Pyle's patient is she has no memory of what is going on. She won't take the time to review her own notes, which she types while talking to you. You are just a body to charge the insurance for 15 minutes when you were there for five. Recently Ms. Pyle did change my medication. I didn't totally understand why since I was doing well with my current prescription. I didn't respond well to the new medication. I called after two weeks to let them know the side effects, chest pains, was getting worse. I am not sure why Ms. Pyle is so set on this medication because she wants to try it again..... But start at a lower dose. Yes, I am scared of it and told her so. She does not care for the patient!!!!!!!!

Patient and professional show details Patient and professional
by LH on Jun 13th, 2016

This dr told me the previous 2 psychiatrists I had been to in my life were inept and didn't know what they were doing. She refused to prescribe what had previously worked for me and insisted that I had to take a drug that HADN"T worked for me. She was HORRIBLY arrogant and gave me more anxiety and made me feel very bad about myself. RUN from this dr. Her husband, Dr. Ellis is wonderful. He sees a family member for ADD. This doctor is not caring or compassionate and I question her treatment.

May 29th, 2016

She is awful. I thought a psychiatrist would sit and talk with you,try and help you work out your problems, find ways to cope with whatever is going on in your life. Not this so called "Doctor". She will diagnose you, rightly or more often wrongly, and write you three months worth of prescriptions and if the meds don't work too bad, you are out of luck, at least for three months. This " doctor " doen't even look at me for the fifteen minutes, maximum, that she spends with me. For the entire time I spend in her office she is just typing on her computer or looking at it as if I am not even there. I have received no help of any consequence from her. Her staff is rude and of no assistance, certainly the big mean one at the window. Do yourself a favor and seek help elsewhere.

disrespectful show details disrespectful
Apr 25th, 2016

Dr Pyle talks down to you and makes you feel stupid even correcting my grammar. She's hot and cold helped me get disability then told me I was fine and needed no further treatment. I think she's uncaring and arrogant

We're all bi-polar show details We're all bi-polar
by Nowjobless on Dec 23rd, 2015

It sounds to me like we're all bi-polar according to her. I should have left yrs ago. I never knew what kind of mood she was going to be in on any given day. I believe that anyone in the psychology field should have to disclose if they have a mental illness too.

Jun 16th, 2015

I only saw this doctor twice, but she had me so intimidated, I couldn't see myself being comfortable enough to tell her anything. She asked a lot of questions & had me diagnosed before I even came back. How can someone go by a questionnaire they answered to diagnose you? Dr is impatient & arrogant. How can anyone like this help anyone?

May 15th, 2015

Very rude and condescending treatment. She spoke to me like I was an idiot because of how I felt when her treatment wasn't making me better. I will NEVER go back. On more than one occasion she said I was due lab work or due a refill and then would forget to give you the paperwork and I would have to remind her before I left. Appointments are 15 min and if she is running late, she will rush you through faster. She forgets details about you or remembers wrong information.

Don't waste your time....very rude show details Don't waste your time....very rude
Sep 11th, 2013

Would not recommend, not professional

Very rude and very disorganized show details Very rude and very disorganized
by A.K. Jones on Jul 10th, 2013

This Dr. Doesn't keep up with your previous appt notes and I am always telling her what changes we made last time. She is very rude and confrontational. Her office staff is also rude and never greet you with a smile. They never ever return your calls and make you feel like you're bothering them. I get the hint- move on

Not what I was expecting show details Not what I was expecting
Sep 11th, 2011

I have had anxiety issues for a long time. I chose to see a psych to see if I should Switch to a Different medicine since I hadBeen on the same one for so long. She keptMe on the same one AND added another Medicine for bi-polar- which is not doing meAny good! She made that diagnosis after asking me 20 yes/no questions! She can be very rude and intimidating.She does not read her notes from your previous Appointments- so you spend 5 minutes of your15 min appt to remind her of what she had alreadyTold you before. This has been my first experienceWith a shrink and it has been awful. I have been to 3Appts with her thinking that "maybe this time will be Better". Instead, I am losing sleep on how she is Going to treat me at the next appt. Time to move on. Very frustrating!

DO NOT SEE HER- She claimed I was bi-polar show details DO NOT SEE HER- She claimed I was bi-polar
Jul 6th, 2011

She asked me a series of questions(about 20) and then diagnosed me as bipolar. She also prescribed me a very strong and mind altering drug. I am not bipolar. I have been going to counselors my whole life for anxiety. I came to her because I just moved here and needed a new doctor. I told her I had an anxiety disorder and just needed new prescription for lexapro and someone to talk to. That was all. She told me SHE was the doctor not ME. And how could I possibly know anything because I have never been to medical school. I never went back and after researching the medication, I ripped up the prescription. Be very careful people. This is YOUR life. I would stay far away from her.

rude show details rude
Feb 22nd, 2011

would not listen in setting up appt.

Former Patient show details Former Patient
by Anonymous on Feb 15th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

I didn't find Dr. Pyles to be a very caring pschiatrist. After every visit being concerned about my "harming myself or someone else" ( ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
Not everyone is bipolar show details Not everyone is bipolar
Sep 28th, 2010

This doctor diagnoses with a computer checklist. She wrongly diagnosed me as bipolar and the medication she put me on made me significantly worse. I was ten minutes late for an appointment and it was still my appointment time and she refused to see me. I will NEVER see her again and would NOT recommend her as a good doctor.

May 12th, 2010

Before I even met her she automatically had me diagnosed as bipolar. She would not listen to my explanation of my medical history. The meds she put me on made me have anxiety attacks and physically ill. I would not recommend her to anyone unless they are truly bipolar. I feel worse than I did before and didn't know I could feel this bad after talking to a "Professional". She also said "you are what we call a "bad Patient"".

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder show details Obsessive Compulsive Disorder
by Catherine on Aug 28th, 2009

I found Dr. Pyle to be a very Knowledgeable, caring, and compassionate doctor.