Dr. Samuel Joseph Jr MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery of the Spine Saint Petersburg, FL

May 23rd, 2016
Best Surgeon
Dr. Joseph is the best surgeon around. He gave me my life back, and I am forever grateful.

November 11th, 2015
He wouldn't admit what was wrong even after the post op MRI clearly showed what was wrong. Regret ever going to this quack!!

October 6th, 2015
Highly Recommended
Amazing doctor. Amazing. Fixed 2 completely herniated discs. back to work in 8 weeks. Only hard part was actually being still for 8 weeks.

May 25th, 2015
Dr. Joseph showed me compassion and hope that he could help improve the quality of my life with surgery which was done @ Mease Countryside Hospital. Recovery was difficult but I feel much better. Xrays are routinely taken and I am followed closely. I highly recommend Dr. Joseph as a good surgeon. He listens to me and takes time to answer my questions. His medical staff has treated me very well, too.

August 30th, 2013
Bad back
I came to Dr Joseph after sufffering with scoliosis since I was a child. I had surgery about 20 years ago and my curve was getting worse. He sat with me and went over all the options. We decided that surgery would be the best idea. THANK GOD I did have the surgery. I am able to stand up straight and my pain has gotten a lot better. Here's to the future!

August 28th, 2013
Couldnt walk straight
I would like to thank Dr Joseph, his staff and Mease Countryside Hospital on a great job. Couple weeks ago, I underwent minimally invasive surgery on my lower back and I feel great. I still do have some pain, but so much better than before, I only had to miss 2 weeks of work. Great job all around.

July 29th, 2013
Professionalism needs some work
The staff is friendly and helpful. Dr. Joseph not so much. I understand Florida has a crack down, but I cam from a place that did not have the issues here. He did prescribe medicine before, but when I explained to him the pain I am in and I need to drive all of a sudden driving on prescription medicine was illegal. He said he would only give medicine if I had surgery. I understand he is a surgeon, but not all of us have the money to get one. His lack of help and concern sent me out crying, not to mention when he left my room ... he left the door open and yelled out she is not happy. Well had he spent more than 5 minutes with me and let me explain more than I didn't sleep for 70 hrs because of the pain.... but that was all I really got to say. Not a fan of Dr. Joseph, he needs to learn some bedside manners, especially if his walls are going to be filled with love, kindness, trust and believe.... he was the antithesis of that.

July 15th, 2013
Severe arm pain
Dr Joseph was awesome. I had severe pain in my left arm that my family doc had originially thought came from my shoulder. After a neck MRI they found a huge slipped disk. Dr. Joseph's office got me in that day, I got and i was scheduled for surgery. The surgery got of all my arm pain. It was like night and day. Amazing!

June 19th, 2013
Bad Neck
I had a great experience treating with Dr Joseph. I had a previous neck surgery that did not heal completely and was contuining to have really bad headaches as well as tingling in my arms. We talked about what our options were and we decided to have surgery. I have never been happier. The headaches are so much better and the tingling is gone.

June 2nd, 2013
Nicest Doctor
I came to his office seeking help. My back had been operated on two times before by another doctor and it was still hurting me. I had broken one of my screws in my lower back. He actually explained to me why it had broken and how we could fix it. With his help the third surgery did the trick and really helped me. I am back to work and still recovering. I owe him a lot. Thanks Dr Joseph.

May 19th, 2013
Spine Surgery
I went to Dr. Joseph and was diagnosed for a 3rd surgery on my spine to repair two herniated discs. He was quick to recommend what he referred to as a "minimally invasive posterior fusion" surgery that was a total failure. He implanted rods, screws, cages, a minimal amount of cadaver bone chips and relied on a $7,000 "custom" manufactured machine to stimulate bone growth. A 4th surgery and ten months later doctors confirmed zero bone growth. Dr. Joseph failed to thoroughly and effectively assess my progress after the surgery. He was quick to send me back to work and failed to address the additional symptoms that I was faced with as a result of his surgery. Contrary to his recommendation I was only able to work 2 days due to the severe spinal pain and numbness on my left leg. Interestingly enough he had released me to go back to work at a 100% capacity. Ten months have passed and I had a 4th surgery to repair the failed fusion that Dr. Joseph stated had been a "success." CAT scans, MRIs, x-rays and multi spine, neurological and orthopedic professionals have proven to me that Dr. Joseph could have taken other options. My biggest question is why didn't he use my own bones instead of that of a cadaver? Maybe he would have had success with the fusion. Why did he refuse to give me the respect of his time in an office visit? Instead, he had me wait in his office for an hour to then peek into the examining room to tell me that he had seen my x-rays and everything looked good. Dr. Joseph's credentials have no meaning to me because his integrity and oath to the medical profession were not executed on my behalf. If you have a back injury I highly recommend that you seek medical attention from a doctor that focuses on the total well being of his patients not the profit he is going to make out of the surgical procedure.

February 25th, 2013
Greatest doctor
I went to Dr Joseph after a severe car accident. He helped diagnose my problem as well as sat down and talked to me about what was actually wrong. He went over all the options. Chose finally have surgery at Mease Countryside Hospital. It was a great experience and I feel so much better.