Dr. Samuel Carlis DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 4th, 2016
always a waiting game...
Takes forever to get an appointment, forever for authorization, forever for labs, forever for test results (even when in his hands).... Always waiting on this dr & staff.

September 4th, 2015
Wish I could see him
I like Dr. Carlis a lot, he's fantastic. His staff however, repeatedly fails to give me an appointment, putting me on hold and then leaving me there until I hang up. When I have gotten a chance, they push me off onto the PA. If you're male, don't go here. The staff only responds to women. I had my mother try and she had no problem.

August 3rd, 2015
Wait time is far too long, sometimes more than one hour.... I guess the office is understafft and scheduling patients needs improvement. Only he or his PA is in the office, maybe he needs more help with another PA.

August 6th, 2014
Patient Care
My wife and I have been patients of Dr. Carlis for nearly a decade. I called this morning for an appointment concerning my wife tiredness and dizziness. I was told the next appointment was in three weeks. That is not a reasonable time for an appointment and is not acceptable.

February 5th, 2014
Dr. Carlis~Wonderful Doctor
Let me just sum Dr. Carlis up in one sentence. He is completely awesome.

January 30th, 2014
They have a very pleasant staff with a professional manner. Dr. Carlis is very intelligent and seems cautious to not over prescribe any unnecessary prescriptions and he listens carefully to all the problems and symptoms. He is thorough and serious and a very caring doctor. I feel confident with this doctor and trust his professional judgement. I would recommend him as a primary care doctor to my friends.I have never had a bad or misleading diagnosis with him or his assistants. We have a lot of confidence in Dr. Samuel Carlis. He is busy, which is a good sign, but worth the short wait. His secretary and medical assistants are very caring and accurate. They are very prompt when they take care of your insurance or authorization paperwork and follow up. They are very efficient and even explain the insurance procedures to the patients.They do reminder calls and let you know quickly if authorizations came in, They really go out of their way to make sure you are taken care of. His assistant is younger and bright too. You will be comfortable on your visits with her. *The video online mispronounced his LAST NAME. The website here has the office location listed with two of the same addresses. He only has one office in Huntington Beach. Possibly, the website needs some editing. I would highly recommend this doctor in Huntington Beach area.

January 6th, 2014
Really knows his patients
Takes the time to think, follows through. I can not say enough about this Doctor! Especially the follow through!

August 7th, 2013
Great doctor!
Great listener. Always pays close attention to health issues, and questions. Thorough. I have never had a physician I have liked more.

January 31st, 2013
Excellent Physician
2 weeks after I had given up on finding the cause of my epigastric pain and had decided I was just going to have to live with it, Dr Carlis called me with the solution. He had still been working on this. And he found the cause. Amazing follow up.

November 18th, 2012
Dr. Carlis is a fabulous Doctor
Dr. Carlis very intelligent, knowledgeable, witty & just a wonderful doctor.

September 27th, 2012
VERY RUDE!
I'm not sure if he was having a bad day or if he is just an unprofessional jerk!

May 18th, 2012
o.d. Carlis is a bit stuck up acting and the front office staff just should stay hame is they don't want to deal with people.
D.O.Carlis has been very nice sometimes and sometimes a bit snotty (better then you type)The Front wondow older lady is burnt out.You have to tread lightly with this one.She Snaps at you fast and tends to talk down to you. She has No corms against telling you if your not doing what she likes. I Think it time for me to move on. and for her to retire.