Dr. Samuel Carlis Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Samuel Carlis?

Type 2 Diabetes

Type 2 Diabetes

Have you seen Dr. Samuel Carlis?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 26th, 2017

Dr Carlis is the best

I have been with Dr. Carlis and his staff for 30 years. We have raised 2 kids with him. He has always been up front with me on all the conditions of myself my wife and the kids. His treatments have always been right on. I had a real problem for a few years when my company insurance would not let us use Dr. Carlis. Going to other doctors was the worst experience of my life. Finally I have new insurance that let us go back to Dr. Carlis. I am 66 years old now and hope to stay with the doctor and his staff until he retires or I die.

January 5th, 2016

always a waiting game...

Takes forever to get an appointment, forever for authorization, forever for labs, forever for test results (even when in his hands).... Always waiting on this dr & staff.

September 4th, 2015

Wish I could see him

I like Dr. Carlis a lot, he's fantastic. His staff however, repeatedly fails to give me an appointment, putting me on hold and then leaving me there until I hang up. When I have gotten a chance, they push me off onto the PA. If you're male, don't go here. The staff only responds to women. I had my mother try and she had no problem.

August 4th, 2015

Wait time is far too long, sometimes more than one hour.... I guess the office is understafft and scheduling patients needs improvement. Only he or his PA is in the office, maybe he needs more help with another PA.

August 6th, 2014

Patient Care

My wife and I have been patients of Dr. Carlis for nearly a decade. I called this morning for an appointment concerning my wife tiredness and dizziness. I was told the next appointment was in three weeks. That is not a reasonable time for an appointment and is not acceptable.

February 6th, 2014

Dr. Carlis~Wonderful Doctor

Let me just sum Dr. Carlis up in one sentence. He is completely awesome.

January 31st, 2014

They have a very pleasant staff with a professional manner. Dr. Carlis is very intelligent and seems cautious to not over prescribe any unnecessary prescriptions and he listens carefully to all the problems and symptoms. He is thorough and serious and a very caring doctor. I feel confident with this doctor and trust his professional judgement. I would recommend him as a primary care doctor to my friends.I have never had a bad or misleading diagnosis with him or his assistants. We have a lot of confidence in Dr. Samuel Carlis. He is busy, which is a good sign, but worth the short wait. His secretary and medical assistants are very caring and accurate. They are very prompt when they take care of your insurance or authorization paperwork and follow up. They are very efficient and even explain the insurance procedures to the patients.They do reminder calls and let you know quickly if authorizations came in, They really go out of their way to make sure you are taken care of. His assistant is younger and bright too. You will be comfortable on your visits with her. *The video online mispronounced his LAST NAME. The website here has the office location listed with two of the same addresses. He only has one office in Huntington Beach. Possibly, the website needs some editing. I would highly recommend this doctor in Huntington Beach area.

January 7th, 2014

Really knows his patients

Takes the time to think, follows through. I can not say enough about this Doctor! Especially the follow through!

August 7th, 2013

Great doctor!

Great listener. Always pays close attention to health issues, and questions. Thorough. I have never had a physician I have liked more.

January 31st, 2013

Excellent Physician

2 weeks after I had given up on finding the cause of my epigastric pain and had decided I was just going to have to live with it, Dr Carlis called me with the solution. He had still been working on this. And he found the cause. Amazing follow up.

November 19th, 2012

Dr. Carlis is a fabulous Doctor

Dr. Carlis very intelligent, knowledgeable, witty & just a wonderful doctor.

September 27th, 2012

VERY RUDE!

I'm not sure if he was having a bad day or if he is just an unprofessional jerk!