Surgical Specialist, Orthopaedic Surgeon, Sports Medicine Specialist
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
by Highly satisfied patient. on Apr 12th, 2016

Made my knees feel so much better without a replacement. Listened to my concerns and found a great alternative until I get the new knees. Had good ideas but not rigid. Patient with my queries.

Awesome and Gifted Surgeon and Doctor show details Awesome and Gifted Surgeon and Doctor
by JCD on Sep 2nd, 2015

He is an awesome Doctor and a gifted surgeon! He has worked on my entire family, replaced both of my knees, repaired daughter and son's knees. He is the best.

Long time patient show details Long time patient
by AO on Apr 10th, 2015

Very satisfied with Dr. Hawken. I was referred by another physician who said that he was the best and I have to agree. He was efficient, courteous, and answered all of my questions thoroughly.

Mar 13th, 2015

I went to Dr. Hawken for a second opinion after having two surgeries on my knee at the largest Orthopedic office in the area. I found him to be incredibly thorough and to have a great bedside manner. I was also shocked that he called me from his cell phone to talk about my MRI with me and he left me his cell phone number to call him back on to discuss the results. I have no complaints whatsoever. He did have someone with him in the room. I am not sure who the guy was. I am assuming he was in training, but I wasn't bothered by it. They were looking at my knee, not my privates!

Dec 14th, 2014

Follow-up sucks, no bedside manner, cocky, misdiagnosed and endangered patient twice who ended up needing 2 extra surgeries. Will NEVER recommend him.

sales at Golfdom Golf show details sales at Golfdom Golf
by Steve Papa on Dec 11th, 2013

Knows his stuff! VERY PROFESSIONAL, CONSERVATIVE IN TREATING INJURIES, WHICH IS GOOD! Great surgeon

Dec 8th, 2011

Dr Hawken is the best ortho I have seen. He is very personable and very professional. I would recommend him to my closest friends in a heartbeat!

Dr Hawken show details Dr Hawken
Jun 15th, 2011

Dr. Hawken was the first orthopaedists to actually ordered an x-ray and then an mri of my wrist. I have had pain for years but everyone sloughed it off as carpal tunnel.

Apr 24th, 2010

Excellent surgeon.

Dec 15th, 2009

Dr. Hawken performed a knee replacement for me, and the nurses in the hospital as well as my own physical therapist told me he was the best surgeon I could have chosen. I agree.

Dr.Hawken rocks show details Dr.Hawken rocks
Jan 25th, 2009

I luv this guy. He is amazing. Best-surgeon-EVER.

Horrifying Visit show details Horrifying Visit
Dec 22nd, 2008

I was shocked that Dr, Hawkin walked into the room and didn't introduce himself nor asked what had happened or how I was feeling. Dr Hawkin was more concerned about teaching the student PA how to read an MRI in front of the patient. To make this visit incredibly worse, he was irritated that I brought the MRI films instead of the CD which I had explained was what the MRI center had on file as his request. The doctor finally agreed that perhaps he should call and have this request changed. He did say I would probably need surgery but as I was leaving a staff member reminded me to take my MRI films. I felt like they were giving me my walking papers.As a former healthcare worker I am appalled that this type of behavior is creeping into health care.