Dr. Sander Binderow MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

June 5th, 2016
He saved my life after a botched surgery by another surgeon. I am forever grateful.

May 30th, 2016
A expert surgeon as he waited for optimal conditions to perform my colon surgery. I believe any other M.D. would operate as soon as possible but Dr. Binderow is very careful, considerate & patient condition is always in the forefront. He is the M.D. to see but I hope I never have to see him again under my conditions.

May 9th, 2016
He was great

March 10th, 2016
wonderful surgeon
I had 9 inches of colon removed and 4 and a half weeks later was riding roller coasters at Disney. I recovered quicker than anyone else I know who has had this type of surgery and I credit Dr. Binderow with that.

February 4th, 2016
Patient beware.

January 10th, 2016
Dr. Benderow is an excellent diagnostitian and surgeon. I have been very pleased with his approach to difficult situations -- both surgical and post op.. His staff is most pleasant , and always willing to help. Atlanta is very fortunate to have access to such a skillful doctor.

August 28th, 2015
Patient Be Ware
Condition, Hemorrhoids. I choose Binderow because his website advertised hemorrhoid removal using the Ultroid treatment method. The Ultroid procedure is an in office procedure used to treat and or remove hemorrhoids. Binderow refused to discuss any procedure other than surgical hemorrhoid removal. His attitude was very condescending. I left his office and never returned. I located a different physician who was trained in performing the Ultroid procedure. The Ultroid procedure was done in office, with no anesthesia required and no lengthy recovery period. I returned to work the next day. No post treatment pain, only spot bleeding for about one week.

October 14th, 2014
Horrible bedside manner
He can't get away from patients fast enough. Wait time for scheduled appointment is long. Currently, waited 1 hour past appt time and haven't seen him. He may be a fine surgeon but no time for patient. Was not prepared for recovery timing. Didn't once check in with me after sending me home from the hospital. Took many hours to return call to ask about pain. Basically, no concern shown for patient before or after surgery.

April 26th, 2011
M
Pretty lousy experience with this doctor. I saqw my obgyn five days after my procedure and my dr. was shocked at the incision and was very upset that Dr. Binderow hadn't diagnosed the infection. I have had good dr. experiences in Atlanta, and Dr. Binderow was definitely the worst. His expertise in scars and closure is awful. My incision looked like the mouth of a fish and required a scar revision in less than three months, not to mention the infection I had in the fascia that was undiagnosed by Dr. Binderow. He released me after one month which was ridiculous after a colon resection. Dr. Binderow was also remiss in allowing me to sign papers under anesthesia committing to more surgery for myself.

October 3rd, 2010
Cured Cancer Patient
Dr. Binderow saved my life - what can I say? When my primary physician's office saw me they called Dr. Binderow and he saw me IMMEDIATELY - that afternoon! He took my condition very seriously and I was immediately on the fast track for treatments which saved my life. He answered my questions honestly and made me feel that I was the most important patient in his practice. He truly made me feel valuable which is what a cancer patient needs to feel if they are going to survive.

February 15th, 2010
Great Doc
Very meticulous and to the point

September 11th, 2009
Great For Rectal/Anal Problems, however
When I expressed concern over a family history of colon cancer & a possible link to celiac disease he laughed and quickly dismissed it as "nonsense" and told me "not to worry about it" - I was shocked by this since I have been having GI issues for 5 years & as soon as I went gluten free I began to feel better. Trust him with your fissures or hemmorhoids, but if you have digestive problems go see a more educated doctor