Neurologists
21000 NE 28th Ave
Ste 205
Miami, FL 33180
305-933-5993
Locations and availability (9)

3.0

|  HE MOVED WITHOUT TELLING PATIENTS!  |  show details
by Emergency Brain Surgery Survivor on Sep 6th, 2013

I liked Dr. Sahoo so much when he met with me in the Neuro ICU after I spent most of a month there that I continued with him, in spite of some difficulties in making appointments with him. Most recently I was very upset when I did not receive a response from my recorded urgent message on the nurse line. When I called back on Friday afternoon and spoke with the office manager I was told Dr. Sahoo left the DC area. Shame on you! As a neurologist you should understand how much your patients depend on you! If I had known you were leaving town I might have found another neurologist and had my records forwarded from you to him/her. That left me on weekend without a neurologist and a persistent migraine. That meant an expensive, time-consuming trip to the ER.

|  Nurse  |  show details
by E.C. on Sep 1st, 2013

I have had a fair amount of trouble with migraines and seizures, but Dr. Sahoo is a solid diagnostician who quickly assesses a situation and gets back to you with help.

|  The staff is a joke!  |  show details
by Angry on Aug 1st, 2013

I am not overly impressed with Dr. Sahoo. I guess I can take him or leave him. However, my reason for this review is primarily about the office staff. I have been dealing with these people for just over a year now. Last summer after at an appointment Dr. Sahoo asked for medical records from another hospital. I signed the paperwork and made a follow up appointment several weeks down the road. When I showed up for that appointment, the requested records had not been received. It turns out it had never been submitted to the other hospital. As a result, he could not continue my appointment because he didn't have the necessary information. However, I still had to pay for the office visit! I had a heated discussion with the office manager who stated he was new there, but would try to "take care of it." Now, fast forward to 3 days ago. I called to reschedule an appointment I could not make. The person who answered the phone asked me to hold. After 10 minutes, she came back on the phone and told me to wait one more minute. After 25 minutes on hold, I finally asked my husband to call in from another phone only to find out they had closed the office for lunch! They actually PUT ME ON HOLD AND THEN WENT TO LUNCH!!!! I have called and left messages for the office manager to address this unacceptable service, but of course, he has never called me back. I will never return to this office; not because of Dr. Sahoo, but because of the absurdly unprofessional staff.

|  Wish he Responded More Quickly  |  show details
by Migraine Sufferer Patient's Husband on Jul 29th, 2013

When my wife suffers a migraine, it is bad; no amount of Nortriptyline quite touches it; I wish he would respond a bit more promptly to her messages. She is a nurse; her job is very hard.

|  Staff Review - GOOD LUCK!  |  show details
Jun 14th, 2013

I was really impressed when I scheduled my first appointment and when i went to my first appointment. I was seen quickly and the doctor was very thorough. I really liked him and appreciated his advice. He called and followed up with me regarding my issue. I was very impressed he called and not the nurse. However, I was to get a referral to have a CT scan. I called the office numerous times to see the status of the referral paper work and they never got the paper work done. This should be a standard procedure, they deal with on a daily basis but never got it. I called my insurance company and asked if they could do anything. They called and never were able to get the information. I called the doctors office many many times and they never had it done. Always an excuse. Then they told me the doctor left the country and they did not know when he was going to be returning and they could not get it done. I asked if they could ask another doctor and they said yes. I kept calling but they never got another doctor to approve the paper work. So I asked them to cancel my appointment because I never got the ct scan so therefore no purpose of meeting up with the doctor at this time. They said fine they understood. The doctor's staff never got the paper work to my insurance company so I could have the scan. However, I received a bill for being a no show. I called the office and explained the situation and they said they would take care of it. No surprise I got another bill after that and I called back. They also said they would take care of it. I got another bill. Surprisingly they never took care of this as well. They never got the doctor to sign the proper paper work. I switched to another doctor and staff was able to get the paper work done instantly and I was able to have the scan. My insurance company had no issue so it was clearly the staff at this doctor's office. I really liked the doctor so I am very disappointed that the staff could not take care of this issue. doctor excellent. Staff awful.