Internist, Endocrinologist (diabetes, hormones)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Thorough, competent Care  |  show details
by Alberta on Apr 18th, 2014

Dr Sean Hamlet is very serious his care for a patient who comes in with problems. He immediately gives you a diagnosis and plan to address your problem. Excellent, courteous care and dependable follow up.Thank you Dr Hamlet and staff for the care and friendly service.

|  newly diagnosed  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2013

Dr. Hamlett gave me material and resources to educate myself about my disease so that I could have a good understanding of the treatment and then be able to have input into the course of treatment that I am on. He has always given answers to my questions and gave me a sense that he wanted me to really be comfortable with those answers, not just throwing facts at me but wanting me to understand. I see several Doctors and this one is the only one that does not make me feel as though I am taking his time away from more pressing matters.

|  thyroid disorder  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2013

Finally found a Doctor that pays close attention to my Lab results. But, closer attention to how I feel

|  show details
Jul 9th, 2013

Esteemed Colleagues, Here is a useful clinical pearl. It comes from 40 years starting at Harvard University, University of Pennsylvania, & NIH; then in government-funded community health centers, followed by decades of research and in private practice. Thyroid imbalance can be as complex to manage as diabetes. It deserves our full attention. One overrated test (TSH alone) is not able to provide a complete diagnosis. One overrated medicine (Synthroid alone) is far from optimal treatment for so many patients. Like diabetes, thyroid imbalance is frequently a serious multi-system autoimmune glandular disease. Left untreated, it can lead to devastating illness. Incompletely treated, it impacts the patient both physically and mentally, can limit and take away livelihood, ruin relationships, and destroy lives. Current medical literature is plentiful as to more accurate panels of testing, and more successful methods of treatment. Finally, and most importantly: The goal of our treatment is not simply to normalize lab values -- It is to restore our patients, each with individual needs, to full healthy lives. Richard L. Shames, MD

|  Its what you learn after you know it all that counts!  |  show details
by Redhot! on Jun 28th, 2013

A very close minded person that you could not talk to as he was not open to listening and was certain he was right. Well, young man, you will find one day that you may just have been wrong about some things and you might even learn a thing or two along the way between now and then if you have a more open mind and do some updates! I was very disappointed as I was in hopes of finding a doctor that actually had some compassion and wanted to help. Wrong again! And show some respect to your elders would be nice!!! Where are your manners?

|  Don't Go To This Jerk!  |  show details
by Michael on Mar 30th, 2013

Very rude, condescending doctor. Told me my primary physician was an idiot. Told me that the multiple abnormal tests all pointing to the same diagnosis couldn't possibly be right. Told me that I couldn't possibly have that condition. Another endocrinologist is now treating it correctly. This isn't some super rare disorder, but basic bread and butter endocrinology. This doc doesn't know his stuff, and he seems to have a big chip on his shoulder about it.

|  show details
Nov 21st, 2010

Has a great bedside manner. Very caring and listens to specific problems and answers questions.