Shane P Dormady, MD, PHD
Internists, Hematology Specialist, Oncology Specialist (cancer)

Valley Medical Oncology Cnslnt
2490 Hospital Dr
Ste 111
Mountain View, CA 94040
650-988-8338
Locations and availability (13)

3.0

by Martin P. on Jul 12th, 2014

This is a genius at work. He is a physician with unlimited insights and knowledge with extensive capabilities to perform within and beyond the scope of medicine. His diligent work has many lives remain viable that were, otherwise, deem progressively unforgiving in its disease course. He provides a medical approach that is meticulously tailored to every individual patient with a goal to maximize all benefits of treatments and the best of outcomes.

|  Most compassionate......  |  show details
by Concepcion Otero on May 29th, 2014

Dr Dormady is the most compassionate & wonderful doctor. People's lives would be better if not only Drs but people in General would care so much. In my 89 years on this earth he has displayed the most professional & compassionate care I have ever received. He is a true gem amongst many great Drs associated with the El Camino hospital.

|  Stage 4 and still ok  |  show details
Feb 9th, 2014

My partner was diagnosed with stage 4 endometrial cancer 6 years ago this march 2014. Dormady said don't pay attention to the stage and odds just agree that we will fight this with the strongest regiment that you can handle. If you get sick from the chemo that's my fault because there are so many drugs available to avoid that He was compassionate, patient and encouraging even responding to emails from me. I'm sure he had a huge caseload yet it never felt that way. He is an amazing doctor in all ways

|  Best Doctor ever  |  show details
by Sophia on Jan 5th, 2014

Dr Dormady is the BEST doctor, He not only gives the best care but also treats his patients like family. He is truly sensitive to the needs of Cancer patients. I couldn't have gone through my treatment without his support, he has a calming influence, no matter how nervous you are about Cancer diagnosis, you will leave his office completely calm and brave. His whole staff, nurses and office, are extremely friendly and understanding.

by Carolyn on Oct 2nd, 2013

Last year, my 79 year old mother was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer that had metastasized to her brain, and would eventually spread to her liver and bones. Prior to finding Dr. Dormady, we went through two oncologists. One refused to treat my mother with chemo and only gave her a couple of months to live, and the other one gave her a full dose of two chemo drugs that landed her in the hospital and compromised her life. At this point, I did considerable research and wanted to find a doctor that thought out of the box, would take into consideration my mother's GI needs, and who was accessible. Online, Dr. Dormady met all of these requirements and we were anxious to meet him. This was seven months ago, and I am happy to report that my mother recently celebrated her 80th birthday. It has been 13 months since her initial diagnosis. Dr. Dormady is quite simply the complete package and we adore him. He is responsible for prolonging my mother's life, and she has a good quality of life. Dr. Dormady started her on a chemo drug that no one else had thought to use, and at a 50% dose. Instead of dreading maintenance chemo every two weeks, we actually look forward to seeing Dr. Dormady and his highly competent staff. Dr. Dormady is this wonderful combination of expertise, compassion and positivity and I highly recommend him.

|  One word: NO  |  show details
by Bryan Cross on Sep 26th, 2013

I had questions regarding my treatment for Dr. Dormady and he said "You're wasting my time" so I got up to leave and he said, "Yeah, take off, you're fired, you're fired" and then in front of my 88 year old mother and the other patients in the waiting room said "have a nice life". The "have a nice life" part was particularly an attempt to be hurtful since the doctor knows a cancer patient's days are numbered. What I can't get out of my head is that he would say all of this in front of his staff, the patients in the waiting room. And, especially my 88 year old mother. This is about saying that in front of my mother...

Doctor's Response

As with any patient fighting cancer, emotions are close to the surface. I would never wish ill upon any patient battling this disease. However, in certain instances, it is clear (after multiple attempts to help) that certain patients and certain doctors are just not the right fit. Unfortunately, this was the case with the above patient and it resulted in his being the only individual in 15 years of practicing oncology whom I have asked to leave my practice.The above is a myopic view of events and conversation leading to his dismissal and the dismissal was the result of behavior spanning multiple bona fide attempts to help this man.

|  An Amazing Doctor!  |  show details
by Sandy P on Jul 26th, 2013

The care from Dr.Dormady at the El Camino Cancer Center is the best care anyone could ever hope for when facing the dreaded cancer diagnosis! He is available to all his patients, all the time! He is aggressive, positive, caring and has created the perfect environment in the Center for his patients to get complete care!

Jul 20th, 2012

dr. dormady was exceedingly rude.

|  Great oncology doctor...  |  show details
Sep 10th, 2011

Not only a excellent doctor but actually a nice and caring person, very straightforward, and a pleasure to work with. This applies to the entire team in his office... really pleasant to work with. They make you feel welcome and comfortable. Highly recommended.

May 25th, 2011

Dr. Dormady is outstanding. He is a champion for his patients on every level. He is so professional and compassionate you feel like he is having a doctor in the family. He is confident and modest at once. A beautiful human being and oustanding doctor!

|  The Dr. I can totally trust.  |  show details
May 15th, 2011

All I can say is that Dr. Dormady is the best Dr. I ever seen. He is an excellent Dr. not because of his educational background but because he is a Doctor who very care for patient. He is a Dr. that I can totally trust. Also his staff is wonderful.

by S. Wu on Apr 16th, 2011

Dr. Dormady is a great doctor. I'm grateful to be under his care. His office staff is efficient and professional.

Nov 22nd, 2010

Dr. Dormady is a wonderful doctor, whom has basically given me full access to care by him at any time day or night. He gave the right diagnosis after several doctors failed to. He listened to my thoughts about my issue. He then tested and treated accordingly. His nursing staff is wonderful and go above and beyond their work requirements. I am so happy to have found this doctor.

|  One of a kind  |  show details
by Helen W at Insider Pages on Oct 5th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Dr Dormady totally understands the stress that a cancer patient is experiencing and his approach is the most sensitive and helpful that I ca...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  Exccellent care  |  show details
by M.Z. on Jan 10th, 2010

When My G.I. doctor called me and told me I have MALT LYMPHOMA the entire world turned black. Per his order I had to see Dr. Dormady the next day. I was scared to death. On my first visit Dr. Dormady explained everything to me. My bone marrow test with him went well and so painless. The level of his patient care is so high, I never felt alone. You always have access to him by his cell phone or email. He always answers his cell phone. He saved my life and I appriciate all he has done for me.

|  Excellent Oncologist  |  show details
Nov 5th, 2009

Shane is a very intelligent and caring person. I followed him when he moved to a different office and I'm glad I did.