Dr. Shane Dormady MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

October 23rd, 2016
Exceptional, Extraordinary, Down-to-Earth, Genuine Caring
Dr. Dormady is a true God-send! Not only is he professional and knowledgeable, he's got a heart of gold, is honest, compassionate, patient, understanding and down-to-earth. This combination in a physician is rare. I TRUST Dr. Dormady, which is something I've never felt or said about any physician; he earned it from the start. Dr. Dormady is a role model for other physicians to follow. Too often, many in the medical profession use only their technical knowledge to treat their patients, with little or no genuine care. In all my meetings with him (including in correspondence), Dr. Dormady has always had abundance, compassion, understanding, patience and honesty. An added bonus is his sense of humor & quick wit! I believe that Dr. Dormady had a HUGE role in my achieving complete remission from ovarian cancer. I am blessed to have him in my life!

May 8th, 2016
Amazing Doctor, always there. Totally recommended and don't listen to just 4 stars.

April 12th, 2016
absoulutly the best at your worst and your family's worst time. If I had to say in two words explaining why there is a term human in front of being Shane Dormady

November 10th, 2015
Wonderful Doc
Great and knowledgeable Medical Oncologist

October 10th, 2015
Dr. Dormady
Dr. Dormady is the best, very informative regarding your tests and prognosis. If he moves I would move with him.

July 12th, 2014
This is a genius at work. He is a physician with unlimited insights and knowledge with extensive capabilities to perform within and beyond the scope of medicine. His diligent work has many lives remain viable that were, otherwise, deem progressively unforgiving in its disease course. He provides a medical approach that is meticulously tailored to every individual patient with a goal to maximize all benefits of treatments and the best of outcomes.

May 29th, 2014
Most compassionate......
Dr Dormady is the most compassionate & wonderful doctor. People's lives would be better if not only Drs but people in General would care so much. In my 89 years on this earth he has displayed the most professional & compassionate care I have ever received. He is a true gem amongst many great Drs associated with the El Camino hospital.

January 5th, 2014
Best Doctor ever
Dr Dormady is the BEST doctor, He not only gives the best care but also treats his patients like family. He is truly sensitive to the needs of Cancer patients. I couldn't have gone through my treatment without his support, he has a calming influence, no matter how nervous you are about Cancer diagnosis, you will leave his office completely calm and brave. His whole staff, nurses and office, are extremely friendly and understanding.

October 2nd, 2013
Last year, my 79 year old mother was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer that had metastasized to her brain, and would eventually spread to her liver and bones. Prior to finding Dr. Dormady, we went through two oncologists. One refused to treat my mother with chemo and only gave her a couple of months to live, and the other one gave her a full dose of two chemo drugs that landed her in the hospital and compromised her life. At this point, I did considerable research and wanted to find a doctor that thought out of the box, would take into consideration my mother's GI needs, and who was accessible. Online, Dr. Dormady met all of these requirements and we were anxious to meet him. This was seven months ago, and I am happy to report that my mother recently celebrated her 80th birthday. It has been 13 months since her initial diagnosis. Dr. Dormady is quite simply the complete package and we adore him. He is responsible for prolonging my mother's life, and she has a good quality of life. Dr. Dormady started her on a chemo drug that no one else had thought to use, and at a 50% dose. Instead of dreading maintenance chemo every two weeks, we actually look forward to seeing Dr. Dormady and his highly competent staff. Dr. Dormady is this wonderful combination of expertise, compassion and positivity and I highly recommend him.

September 26th, 2013
One word: NO
I had questions regarding my treatment for Dr. Dormady and he said "You're wasting my time" so I got up to leave and he said, "Yeah, take off, you're fired, you're fired" and then in front of my 88 year old mother and the other patients in the waiting room said "have a nice life". The "have a nice life" part was particularly an attempt to be hurtful since the doctor knows a cancer patient's days are numbered. What I can't get out of my head is that he would say all of this in front of his staff, the patients in the waiting room. And, especially my 88 year old mother. This is about saying that in front of my mother...

July 26th, 2013
An Amazing Doctor!
The care from Dr.Dormady at the El Camino Cancer Center is the best care anyone could ever hope for when facing the dreaded cancer diagnosis! He is available to all his patients, all the time! He is aggressive, positive, caring and has created the perfect environment in the Center for his patients to get complete care!

July 20th, 2012
dr. dormady was exceedingly rude.