Dr. Sharon Burnside MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

November 2nd, 2016
Takes time to listen to the patient, doesn't rush. Wait time is acceptable. Easy to talk with.

June 26th, 2016
Patient
Dr. Burnside is efficient, caring, knowledgeable & continually educates re: conditions & meds. Receptionist and especially the clerk that assists at exit & sometimes rudely answers the group phone line should be overlooked. This employee should not be considered in the review of Dr. Burnside, as she comes with the territory.

October 4th, 2015
After a horrible experience with another psychiatrist, Dr Burnside was a breath of fresh air. She's good at what she does! She changed my diagnosis and took me off of most of the meds I was on! She added an antidepressant that helped me on two weeks. I got my life back! Only woman psychiatrist I would choose in Knoxville.

August 27th, 2015
I saw Dr Burnside at the hospital .I had a seizure and I don't know to this day why I ended up on the phyc ward.She lied to me several times and she kept talking about what a bad man one of my Drs was and she got me put out of his treatment. With no follow up care.She caused me so many problems at a time in my life that I really needed help. I will never trust another physcristist again in my life.She lied about the treatment I was receiving.I will never open up to another physcriitist again .I would lie before I would go thru what see put me thru again I wouldn't re recommend her to a snake.

August 12th, 2013
Don't ask questions
Took forever to get an appointment. Staff was extremely rude. When I asked questions about my diagnosis and treatment I was told that perhaps I could be better served elsewhere. Apparently if you ask any questions and want answers then they don't want you as a patient. Total waste of time and money and then added rudeness to boot!

May 1st, 2013
Good psychiatrist, worth the wait
Dr. Burnside is the first psychiatrist that I actually like. She is smart and asks good questions. She takes good notes or has a great memory because she remembers little details that i've told her before. Her attention to detail is good, it makes me feel more confident that she's taking into account everything I tell her. She treats me as if I am intelligent (which I am but many doctors don't) and I appreciate that. She is often running behind so I have waited a while before but I like that she takes the time needed with each patient and doesn't just cram people into tiny 10 minute blocks.

February 16th, 2012
Great an Caring Doctor
I would recommend anyone to her. She ask an answered all of my questions. If it had not been for her I may not have been here. She is so wonderful. And she will help you anyway she can.Don't find many like her. Am so glad I found her an got to see her.

August 24th, 2011
go elsewhere
If you want to hear about her life then by all means pay and go to her. If you want actual help then find someone else

June 5th, 2011
She accurately nailed my diagnosis during the first visit and is very good with medication management. :)

April 18th, 2011
Straight-up doctor, straight-up approach
I've been seeing Dr. Burnside for almost two years and my experience has been good. She doesn't push her *personal* beliefs on me (something I've experienced from several other medical doctors over the years) and respects my personal self and goals as being different from the "norm." There were problems with office staff for a while, but changes were made several months ago and things have been smooth sailing since. I *highly* recommend her for anyone who seeks a no-nonsense, professional approach in handling their chemical/medical problems, and do *not* recommend her for anyone who needs coddling or is dwelling in their own pity party. If you seriously seek help and the truth about yourself, she's your woman!

March 17th, 2011
She has a great personality and is caring. She listens to you and spends enough time with you to make an accurate diagnosis and to effectively manage your care. I would highly recommend her.

August 31st, 2010
See anyone else
Gave wrong diagnosis and wrong meds. did not listen. very uncaring. Office staff a nightmare to deal with. I pity anyone who uses this physician or office.