A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Shawn Rangel:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Shawn Rangel, MD, MSCE is board certified in Surgery and Pediatric Surgery.
Education & Awards
Dr. Rangel graduated from University of California at San Francisco.
Dr. Rangel has 10 hospital affiliations:
- Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Rangel accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Tufts Health Plans - 6 plans
- United Healthcare - 19 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts - 13 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan - 2 plans
- Humana - 6 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Fallon Community Health Plan (FCHP) - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans