2.5

Unprofessional, Negligent and Sexist show details Unprofessional, Negligent and Sexist
Mar 10th, 2015

I am an RN and I have endometriosis with ovarian cysts and was recommended to Dr. Charles E Miller (with offices in Schaumburg and Naperville). After weeks of being absent and unavailable, promising and then changing surgery dates I finally got in. I had endometriosis scar tissue throughout my pelvis. They excised the scar tissue, burned adhesions, clipped veins, and did a uterine lift. The recovery time was 2-4 weeks for surgical pain with significant time to regain a pain free and normal lifestyle. Instead of following through I was reffered to a pain specialist Dr. Yano with the Illinois Pain Institute who made me come into the office the day after my surgery to review medications. Two weeks later I asked if the two doctors Miller and Yano could communicate a better pain management plan and I was told I had three options: **deal with the pain, go to the emergency room, or have an unnecessary and unwarranted procedure called a hypogastric plexus block**. I called the surgeon for his feedback and his secretary told me he had "no comment". I explained this to my female OBGYN who is as shocked an appalled as I am by the unprofessional, negligent and sexist actions by these two physicians.