Surgeon, General Practitioner

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Rhonda Croker on Oct 6th, 2014

Dr. Afshari is a great doctor. My surgery went very well because of his compassion and caring for his patients. He answered all my questions, explained what he was going to be doing in detail. his office staff was totally amazing. It's been a year since my surgery and I am doing great. One thing I really love about Dr. Afshari is when you tell him you are hurting he don't say its in your head or try to pass over the fact that you said something. Dr. Afshari I love you and your staff and I want to THANK YOU all for making my surgery the best.

|  Amazing Surgeon and Person  |  show details
by Noel Ann P on Sep 2nd, 2014

I have had encounters with numerous surgeons for family members over the years, however, this was my first personal experience with a surgeon. Dr. Afshari performed a bilateral mastectomy on me for breast cancer, and an additional surgery due to a stubborn healing issue. Dr. Afshari is, by far, head and shoulders above not just any surgeon, but ANY doctor I have ever encountered. He truly is the most skilled surgeon whose work I have seen, and he is absolutely the most kind, empathetic and caring doctor I have ever met. He gives the utmost care and thought to the whole person, not just the 'surgery patient'. This journey has been very difficult, trying, and challenging, but Dr. Afshari's skill and compassion have been the underpinnings of my successfully completing and winning this challenge. Dr. Afshari surrounds himself with an incredible office team who also take on the role of friend, caregiver, and shoulder to lean on. The professionals in this office join you in your challenges, treat you with the utmost respect, and you are never just a patient on the phone or in the office, you are cared for like family. I would highly recommend the Afshari team to everyone - and I have! The only negative thing I have, is now that 'my team' has successfully gotten me 'there', I will no longer be seeing them. They were such a vital part of my recovery. I thank them from the bottom of my heart - and I will miss them.

|  Mr.  |  show details
by Ken Cooper on Jul 28th, 2014

From the very first appointment, Dr. Afshari explained everything that he was going to do in terms that I could understand. His manner was very compassionate and gentle. My follow up visits to his office were all of the above, plus like meeting a friend instead of my doctor. Again he explained everything in my terms and even explained in detail everything that I might experience in the following weeks. In my book, I would go to him again if surgery is necessary and I would recommend him to any friend/ relative as a top surgeon. Thanks, Dr. Afshari, for being there for me in my time of need and making my illness less stressful.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Grisel Valle on May 26th, 2014

I like Dr Afshari he is a good doctor and i trust him with my results. his staff are pleasant and helpful. I have been going to this location for about 4 years now and would not change i am happy with the service that is provided to me. I feel safe.

|  Expertise, Experience, Intelligence, and Empathy - Rare Qualities in one Dr.  |  show details
by PaulaPaseur on May 1st, 2014

Dr. Afshari was my surgeon for a lumpectomy breast cancer removal at Memorial Hospital. He has since remained my doctor for follow-ups and check-ups. I have had several surgeries in my life, yet none of them have even approached the level of caring and time spent talking with me about my condition. He let me know what to expect in detail, and calmed all my fears. He not only let me feel I was in good hands, but I was in the hands of expertise, with many years of experience. He does not talk down to you, dumbing down the conversation, but explains your situation intelligently and thoroughly. My fondest memory of him was as they wheeled me to surgery, he bent over, put his hand in my hand and told me he would be praying for me as he did my surgery. I was truly touched. Dr. Afshari is a rare jewel. No wonder he is Chief of Surgery at Memorial Hospital.

|  An Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
by JoAnn V on Mar 19th, 2014

Recently went thru lumpectomy with Dr. Ashari. He was extremely professional, spoke in layman terms so I understood what was going to happen and what to expect. He displays excellent bedside manners, possesses humor which was great and made me feel very comfortable. He is a true professional and one that I would strongly recommend to anyone having to undergo surgical procedures Dr. Ashari excels in. Highly qualified and highly recommended. A great surgeon. Thanks for all you do.

|  Rude and always in a rush  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2011

He does not care about how I am feeling. He only cares that his work is done, and just to get over the pain behind having surgery. He does not like you to question is work and I feel very let down.

Jun 21st, 2011

Excellent Physician! Very thorough in communicating his diagnosis and any treatment. Caring bedside manner with an equally attentive and prompt staff. I have had two separate surgeries performed by him with outstanding results.

|  Superb physician  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2011

Extremely knowledgeable, thorough, excellent at explaining issues.

|  EXCELLENT SURGEON  |  show details
Mar 11th, 2009

DR. AFSHARI'S TO ME IS THE BEST SURGEON IN JACKSONVILLE, HE REALLY CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENTS!!!!

by M. Merritt on Nov 13th, 2008

I would refer anyone needing surgery to Dr Afshari. I was very well cared for and follow up care as needed was made a high priority by him and his staff. Showing great care and concern for my overall health and well being.

|  Professional Service  |  show details
by Stephen Commorato on Oct 17th, 2008

Provided everything he stated and executed.

Apr 1st, 2005 on yahoo.com

Feeling better: Friendly and professional Least amount of trouble I have ever had on billing and admin. Surgery went well and after surgery care first rate. Would certainly use again.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com