3.0

Some ratings provided by Doctor.com. DrScore.
Stay away from this Doctor show details Stay away from this Doctor
Apr 9th, 2015

This office has cost me a lot of time and money due to wrong diagonosis and Wrong information at the desk where the insurance is processed. His bedside manners are poor and does not want to listen to a patients concerns. He draws his conclusions quickly and sometimes it can be costly. The girl who takes payment does know the first thing about Insurance and that can also be costly.

Avoid this place show details Avoid this place
Feb 9th, 2015

Rude staff; uninformed medical advice.

1 of a kind-point blank no BS. Like it or don't, he's a professional with years of experience. show details 1 of a kind-point blank no BS. Like it or don't, he's a professional with years of experience.
by PJP on Jan 27th, 2015

Doc saved my life, continues to keep me healthy and strong! Best of the Best

by Ann Toalster on Sep 14th, 2014

I have been a patient with Dr. Hampilos for 13 years, he has saved my life several times, my insurance changed and I no longer can go to him, I have been beside my self and as soon as I can change insurance companies I will, so I can return to get excellent care from him. His staff is wonderful and I have NEVER been turned down in time of need. I so miss him and his staff they were always wonderful to me. I so appreciate his good care I received for 13 years.

STAY AWAY FROM HIM!!!!!!!!!! show details STAY AWAY FROM HIM!!!!!!!!!!
Dec 30th, 2013

There is not enough room to express how horrible and what a monster this man is, that he is still in practice is of grave concern to me and anyone who believes he is "good" and has their best intentions in mind. BEWARE of this evil man. He will dress in lamb's clothing on your first visit no doubt. This will fool you like the fable into returning to your second visit. He will very soon show his wolf! His teeth are razor sharp. He will slice you deep emotionally I promise you. How much you want to bet his good reviews were written by him or his friends (if he really does have any), probably drinking buddies. He gets you in his grips by being one of the only "Suboxone" doctors in the area if not in Florida then easily abuses you because you are desperate to remain clean and healthy. Each visit gets worse and worse. It's a demeaning, completely abused animal like feeling while you are in his office behind closed doors and he is such a "gentleman" when he goes to the front office with you, he shines and glimmers. A former addict will be able to smell this from a mile away. You cannot bulls*&t a bull&*tter believe me. You are an idiot if you go to him after reading this. Everything in life is a choice. Remember, you cannot be a victim when you realize you are a choice maker.

Registered pharmacist show details Registered pharmacist
by J. Maltese, Rph on Oct 8th, 2013

Dr. Hampilos is energetic , personable and highly attentive physician. I found Dr. Hampilos and his medical staff to be extremely knowledgable in the practice of medicine. They are professional and compassionate. Which I found refreshing in the age of ARNP'S and PA's of the new wave Modern Practice of Medicine

Dr. Spero Hampilos and medical assistants show details Dr. Spero Hampilos and medical assistants
by Joseph M. on Oct 8th, 2013 on doctor.com

Dr. Hamplos is a highly motivated, energetic physician with an excellent bedside manner. He is attentive, thorough, and extremely knowledgable in the ...

Read Full Review at doctor.com
follow up med show details follow up med
by joan stewart on Sep 6th, 2013

love this Dr and his staff is very caring and courteous

DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!! show details DO NOT GO TO THIS DOCTOR!!!
by Unhappy Patient on Aug 23rd, 2013

First let me say…I have never been treated so horribly by a dr.’s office. I can’t believe they are in business, treating customer’s this way. So much for the Hippocratic Oath that all doctors take: Do no harm. This doctor should have his license taken away! I was overcharged multiple times at this office. Overcharged for their supplements. Office Manager, Nyla is very rude. Dr. Hampilos yelled at me and hung up on me when I tried to amicably resolve this billing issue.

Emotional Decisions show details Emotional Decisions
by Josh K. on Apr 20th, 2013

I was a patient at Spencer Recovery Center in St. Pete Beach. Dr. Hampilos was the doctor who provided care for all of the patients at the facility. After I completed treatment (successfully) I stayed on as an unpaid intern for 7 months. Initially the doctor was nice and competent enough - he put me on suboxone for pain management. I stayed on for the entire 11 months I was involved with Spencer Recovery. As I prepared to leave Florida my prescription was due to be refilled. Due to a scheduling issue I needed it quickly. The doctor refused to fill the script (which had traditionally been handled by the treatment center) first because I didn't give him enough time (to call the pharmacy?) and he hung up on me. So I cancelled my train ticket (costing me 230 bucks) because I was heading home, early in recovery (relatively speaking) and was already scared without adding the stress of detoxing off of 11 months worth of suboxone that HE PRESCRIBED!! So I called back understanding that I needed to make an appointment (for the first time ever) and he got back on the phone and said that because I wasn't an intern anymore (as of 6 days before when I started packing to go home) he wouldn't help me. Then he said: "COME IN AND PUT $200 DOWN ON THE COUNTER AND YOU CAN HAVE YOUR SCRIPT AND BE GRATEFUL BECAUSE I WOULD USUALLY CHARGE $300. That is a direct quote. So he basically said to me, the patient he had treated knowing I was early in recovery, that for a few hundred bucks he wouldn't send me home for the first time in a year dope sick. For a doctor who treats people in recovery I found this incredible and insensitive. I am 10 months clean - I have never failed a drug test or given him any reason to believe I was anything but sincere. I even consulted with him twice on other patients in my capacity as an intern and a resident aide. After getting calls from a few staff members at the center he finally called in a script for 7 (not 30) so I could find a new doctor up north. No help from him, no referral, no nothing. Just a last minute extortion and then a finally "F You". I think he just reacted quickly and then was too stubborn to admit he made a mistake but it was unprofessional. He basically made me beg him to not send me home more vulnerable than I already was and still said no. Only after outside pressure did he at least do something. I missed my train and had to buy a plane ticket. And now I have to find a new doctor in New York (waiting period at least 30 days) with no help from the man who got me hooked on this stuff to begin with.

YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!! show details YOU GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!!
Aug 30th, 2012

THIS GUY SHOULD HAVE BEEN TAKEN OUT OF THE SYSTEM LONG AGO.I DO NOT CARE ABOUT LIABLE BECAUSE IT IS ALL TRUE.HE IS A DRUG ADDICT AND HAS HAD HIS LICENSE SUSPENDED DUE TO THIS BEHAVIUOR.HOW HE HAS HIS KIDS IS BEYOND ME.I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THE BOARD COME IN RAMDOMLY AND DRUG TEST HIM.HE WOULD FAIL AND FAIL MISERABLY.HE IS A VERY SMART MAN DONT GET ME WRONG JUJST NEEDS HELP.IF HE GOT THE HELP HE NEEDS I BELEIVE HE WOULD BE A GREAT DOCTOR AND BE ABLE TO HELP ALOT OF PEOPLE

Mr. Irritable, Insensitive, Profanity user show details Mr. Irritable, Insensitive, Profanity user
Jul 31st, 2012

The doctor treated me, a woman who is in recovery,very disrespectfully by using loud profanity at me several time in a 5 minute session. As I was sobbing with stomach pain he was very insensitive and did not look at or listen to the problems that i was having. Instead he threw a script at me and told me he would see my in five days. I had to ask my pharmacist what the medication was which was not what I should have been prescribed. I took the med he gave me and ended up in the ER that same day. He mistreated my pain. He humiliated me by telling the office staff that I was going to have to be off the of suboxone soon and I left the office through the waiting room in front of other patients crying and in an anxious state which worsened my abdominal pain and stiffness.

Best Doctor ever! show details Best Doctor ever!
Feb 21st, 2012

Dr Hampilos and his staff are attentive, supportive and caring. Everyone has a great personality and genuinely care about their patients. I have never had any issues with anyone being unprofessional or inappropriate. This doctor has called my at home to check on my wellbeing when sick and taking new medication. He is passionate about his patients and it shows!

FUNNY show details FUNNY
Nov 23rd, 2011

HOW DOES A GUY LIKE THIS CONTINUE TO PRACTICE.TO RELEASE MYSELF FROM ANY LIABLE I THINK ANYBODY THINKING OF GOING TO THIS DOCTOR SHOULD CALL THE STATE BOARD OF DOCTORS TO GE THE REAL DEAL ON THIS BLOKE.THE DOMESTIC ISSUES ALONG WITH THE DRUG USE SHOULD HAVE HAD HIM BARRED A LONG TIME AGO.

Abusive Quack show details Abusive Quack
Oct 17th, 2011

He likes to wheel his chair over to you and shove his leg up against your inner thigh. He can be verbaly abusive if you dare to disagree with his opinions. This guy is a power tripper with the bed side manner of a dirty disease.