Dermatologist (skin), Internist

405 N Kuakini St
Ste 703
Honolulu, HI 96817
808-949-7568
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

|  Caring and Concerned  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2011

always had a positive experience with Dr. Matsuda; for the whole family not just myself. knows her business, highly recommend her.

|  15 minutes and no longer. Horrible service.  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2010

I have seen Dr. Matsuda several times over the past year due to moles. Every time I visit the office, I wait at least 55 minutes before going into a room. The lady who came in to get my basic information was rude by saying, "You have a huge mole right there" and looking shocked when I said it was not the mole in question. Every time I have seen Dr. Matsuda she has given me not one second more than 15 minutes. She practically RUNS out the door at that mark. I had to make one appointment for my moles and she said there was no time for acne. I had to take another day off of work to get another appt. to check my acne, which took less than 2 minutes of her time. Then she told me that she could not take all my moles off in one appointment, but that I would have to come in several times for her to only remove 3 moles each time, no more. I finally realized I deserve a doctor who cares more about patient than making money by having me come in several times for only 15 minutes each for a $95 office visit. Horrible. I am looking for a new doctor and will never return to her.

|  Office staff gives me stress!  |  show details
Oct 11th, 2010

I feel that the professionalism and demeanor of the office staff of any doctor's office is as important as the doctor himself/herself. With Dr. Matsuda's staff, it's hit and miss. There are numerous times where the interaction is very uncomfortable/unpleasant. You also need to confirm your appointment with her office staff before you go to see the doctor because you may not have an appointment. Make sure you get an appointment reminder slip from her staff before you leave. I have never received a phone confirmation of my appointment, ever. It's also very uncomfortable talking to her staff over the phone - sometimes they are more pleasant when you speak to them face-to-face rather than over the phone. I like Dr. Matsuda, but dealing with her staff gives me stress!!

|  Awful!  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2010

Awful experience! Can't believe she was rated as one of the best dermatologists here in Hawaii by some Honolulu magazine. Had to find out for myself how awful she was! Will never use her again!

May 21st, 2010

This was my first time ever seeing a dermatologist. I had to wait an hour and a half to only see her for THREE MINUTES and all she told me was what i already knew, that I have very sensitive skin and to use this products. Everytime I tried to ask a question, she kept interferring and rushing me. I had NOTHING accomplished and now I'm still stuck on what products i can or cannot use. I am a constant internet researcher but I wanted an honest doctor opinion. I also used the medicine she prescribed me and now it's done the opposite i'm suffering from a lot of acne now thanks to the poor decision I chose to take. And since I have very sensitive skin, I can't really use any acne medicine so now i'm screwed.

May 14th, 2010

I find her to be professional and very pleasant to deal with.

Nov 5th, 2009

Been going to Dr Matsuda for years. She's a nice person but I had to wait a long time to even get an appt, waited over an hour in the waiting room to be seen, and when I asked her about another problem, she said make an appointment for next time and walked out of the room. Very unprofessional and uncaring.