A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Ashwal:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3.5 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Ashwal is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Ashwal, MD is board certified in Pediatrics and Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology.
- He has special expertise in 20 areas:
- Bacterial Meningitis
- Brain Cancer
- Brain Disorder
- Brain Edema
- Brain Hypoxia
- Brain Hypoxia-Ischemia
- Brain Injuries
- Brain Ischemia
- Central Nervous System Diseases (CNS Diseases)
- Cerebral Palsy
- Cerebrovascular Disorders
- Congenital Heart Defects
- Developmental Disorders
- Heart Transplantation
- Mental Retardation
- Metabolic Disorders
- Seizure Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Ashwal graduated from New York University. He has 4 awards.
Dr. Ashwal has 3 hospital affiliations:
- Loma Linda University Medical Center
- Loma Linda University Behavioral Medicine Center
- Loma Linda University Community Medical Center
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Ashwal accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Molina Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- United Healthcare - 16 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 5 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 12 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Stephen P. Ashwal practice?
Dr. Stephen Ashwal practices Pediatrics, Pediatric Nephrology, Neurology, and Neurology with Special Qualifications in Child Neurology near San Bernardino, CA.
Additional practice locations include: Loma Linda, CA.
See San Bernardino Pediatricians, San Bernardino Nephrologists, and San Bernardino Neurologists.