A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Stephen Downing:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Stephen Downing is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Downing
Skin Cancer Patient Education Read about Melanoma, basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma types in our skin cancer patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Downing Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Stephen Downing, MD is board certified in Surgery and Thoracic Surgery (Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery).
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Aortic Rupture
- Cardiopulmonary Bypass (CPB)
- Heart Aneurysm
Education & Awards
Dr. Downing graduated from Georgetown University, Washington. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Downing has 11 hospital affiliations:
- Catholic Health System - Mercy Hospital of Buffalo
- Catholic Health System/Sisters of Charity Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Stephen W Downing MD is a male Surgeon, has 25 years of experience and practices in Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery.
- Where does Dr. Stephen W. Downing practice?
- Dr. Stephen Downing has 2 office locations.
Dr. Stephen Downing practices Surgery, Thoracic Surgery, and Cardiothoracic Vascular Surgery near Buffalo, NY.
See Buffalo Surgeons.