Dr. Stephen Murphy MD Patient Reviews

January 26th, 2017
Excellent consultation
Professional, courteous and easy to speak with, very clear in describing procedure.

August 13th, 2016
Magnificent painless experuence
An incredible surgeon. I had my hip replaced by him and it was done minimally Invasive method. It was amazing. As my first hip replacement was a nightmare. Dr Murphys method. I never had one pain afterwards I went home next day n was able to care for myself as I live alone.

June 25th, 2016
Best Orthopedic Doctor in Boston
I had a hip replacement 18 years ago so I think his office made a special effort to get me in quickly and I was able to have total knee replacement surgery in less than a month because a cancellation came up. The swelling is minimal and I can bend the knee well in less than a week. New England Baptist is a great hospital as well with a super team of nurses and physical therapists. Murphy might well be the very best in Boston.

May 11th, 2016
Dr. Murphy is a Master at his Computer generated surgery. My knee replacement surgery was a breeze. He is a great doctor. There is no waiting, when you arrive for your appointment. He greets you at the door. He is waiting for you!

May 5th, 2016
The very best at hip replacements, mine was done 18 years ago and is still doing well. He makes himself available and is extremely reliable,

May 3rd, 2016
Good Surgeon. I'll go back if I need another one.

November 17th, 2015
My experience with Dr. Murphy has been commendable. He has performed two hip replacements for me and both have been successful. I was able to go directly home after both surgeries, and my recovery was quick and uneventful after both surgeries. I have recommended Dr. Murphy to many people, all of whom have been extremely satisfied, and I know others who have had surgery elsewhere and not been satisfied. Thank you, Dr.Murphy.

November 16th, 2015
I would recommend no one else but Dr. Murphy
There is NO ONE else I would ever trust replacing my hip over Dr. Stephen Murphy. When people hear about my surgery and recovery they are astonished compared to what they went through with a different doctor. My scar is the size of 3 quarters. I had no precautions and was back to work in 7 days. It is difficult to get an appointment and that speaks volumes to how good he is. I highly recommend!

November 9th, 2015
Made very little eye contact with me.

October 7th, 2015
Not Impressed
Dr. Murphy evaluated me for a hip replacement. His manner was extremely cold. I felt like a hip and not a person during the visit. Surprisingly, I listened as he instructed the office manager to book the surgery with him: I had clearly told Dr. Murphy that I was also evaluating another surgeon in Boston before deciding who I wanted to perform the operation. He wasn't listening! MY husband and I are medical professionals and were not impressed by the fancy claims of computer assisted hip replacement. I ended up having my hip replaced by Dr. Dennis Burke at Mass General. He was superb. I feel like a new person.

September 8th, 2015
Quality of life
Dr. Murphy gave me my life back. My hip replacement was the tool that allowed me to regain the quality of life that I once had. Up and at 'em once again!

August 8th, 2015
Total Hip Replacement
I had a very arthritic hip and needed a total hip replacement. I was hesitant to have it done as most of the stories I had heard said it was a difficult recovery. Dr Murphy was recommend to me and he was excellent. I explained my concerns about the recovery and he assured me that because he did extensive up front work to make the surgery and recover much easier for his patients. He was right. Within 4 weeks of surgery I was back to all normal functions. I highly recommend Dr Murphy.