Dr. Steven Friedel MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 22nd, 2015
Knee and shoulder
Dr. Friedel treats my husband and myself. My husband had a ACL done with above excellent results. We went to a party the same night of the surgery. I have been treated with cinvisc shots for two bad knees for the last two years to prolong surgery. Love our Dr. Fridel. Best bedside manner, excellent communication, excellent staff. Happy to recommend

March 26th, 2013
Awesome
I had replacement ACL surgery and meniscus repair almost 4 years ago and I can not say enough good things about this doctor. Before the surgery I was a very active person, and had 4 children under the age of 4! When I learned I completely tore my ACL and meniscus playing a pick up basketball game, I was in disbelief. Dr. Friedel assured me I could get abck to where I was pre surgery and he was correct. After listening to post op instructions and the rehap therapist, I have since ran 4- half marathons, numerous obstacle course races, play basketball every week and most importantly run after my 4 children with ease and absolutley NO PAIN! My husband recently hurt his shoulder and he will be going to Dr. Friedel this week!

April 11th, 2012
My experience with Dr. Friedel has always been affirmative. He explains everything to you and has an easy aire about him and a wonderful bedside manner. I have had shoulder surgury that he performed and has always listened to my comments after the surgery was performed.I would highly recommend him.I have heard other doctors who have said they have put their surgeries into his hands and have commented on his capable abilities and excellent work.

February 24th, 2011
Wont bite the hand that feeds.
I delt with this Dr for almost 6 months for a back an knee injury. For 6 weeks he wouldnt even look at my back but through drugs at me. After 2 weeks he requested a MRI on both and then changed his mind when workmans comp said they didnt feel it was needed. After another 2 weeks when the symptoms got worse he requested it again. After 13 weeks with little improvement in the knee and none in the back he released me for sedentary only duty. This after he had just told me he wants to keep an eye on my knee because it might still need surgury for a torn medial meniscus which raises the question, what kind of Dr would release a patient to work if he might still need surgury? I called him a few days later to inform him my job does not offer this type of position and that the only position is full duty he yet again changed his mind and told me to do it. I had to get my lawyer to get a court order to have me see another doctor. Now I am in the 4th week of recovery from arthroscopic knee surgury and I am feeling absolutly great. I am also seeing a back specialist who came up made a dagnosis regarding my back pain on the first visit and so far it seams acurate. In a nut shell this was not the doctor I requested, my Dr was not available for over a month. Dr Friedel was suggested to me because he is the Dr that normaly deals with Comp cases in the practice. At every turn this doctor has been more interested in what workmans comp want than my well being, so in no way would I ever recomend him to anyone who is interested in actualy getting better.

November 30th, 2010
all i could say is this guy is excellent across the board...performed shoulder operation on me...all you hear is how great he is...my friend got his shoulder done and liked him so much went back 6 months later to have him fix his knee...

July 24th, 2017