Dr. Steven Herzog MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

May 14th, 2017
One of the few Neuro who is specialized in Migraines
Dr. Herzog is probably all the things mentioned in other reviews however ultimately he will do every thing possible to assist with your migraine management. At my first visit he let me know I was an impossible case but I kept going back as he is the only qualified migraine neuro, others say they can manage but Dr. Herzog is leading research and studies to improve migraine management. I've been seeing him for almost four years and although can be brusque and impatient at times, who isn't?, he is caring and takes care with you. I'd recommend him to anyone with a tough time managing migraine pain.

January 14th, 2017
Arrogant, impatient, know it all
He was rude and in a hurry

October 24th, 2016
best headache doc ever
this doc and his staff changed my life... i'd suffered w/migraines all my life and rarely did a doc seem to care pas prescribing pain meds and telling me i was nuts...this guy knows what he's doing... every nurse prac. he's had has been great... i changed my health insurance to be able to continue going to this practice..

July 19th, 2016
left with no option
I am a fairly new patient and I attempted to make an appointment to see someone sooner than my follow-up due to needing medications adjusted. I was to by pffice staff that they were short staffed and told me the next available was 4 weeks away. This date wasn't going to work because my migraines were progressively getting worse as I explained to the scheduler. She took my call back number and told me she would give it to the doctor. No one has returned my call after 3 days and it has been very difficult to get through to someone in the office. I am currently looking for a new Neurologist!!!!

June 29th, 2016
Beware of the contract that they have you to sign?
I was not told in my initial visit that all follow-up visits will only be done by Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistants. Had I know this from the beginning I would have never signed his stupid contract that he requires patients to sign. I was under the assumption that I would see them from time to time not solely being managed by them them(PA's / NP's). I will get stablized on a management plan for my migraine and will change to a neurologist who believes developing a relationship with his or her patient's. I feel that that physican-patient relationship is very important with patients with chronic health conditions.

June 14th, 2016
No compassion, no bedside manner whatsoever. Does not take time to answer questions. Very condescending. Quick to rush you to a Pain Mgt. clinic. NP very kind, but Dr. Herzog is awful. He is dismissive and not compassionate to ppl with daily chronic headache pain.

March 4th, 2016
Have seen a number of neuros in D/FW. This guy is the worst human being to hold a medical degree I have ever encountered.

February 29th, 2016
Unprofessional
Herzog is inappropriately impatient, will not tolerate questions, and rushes the appointment. He is the least professional medical person I have ever encountered. He is a bully. There are other neurologists out there; no person should have to tolerate Herzog's inappropriate behavior.

February 10th, 2016
Waited 45 minutes for a 5 minute consultation, to speak with a PA with poor bedside manner. Discussed my situation which was basically dismissed to be told I need another MRI and didn’t offer any short term solutions for my daily pain and migraines.

February 17th, 2015
I was recommended Dr. Herzog by a friend and absolutely loved him. He was very straight to the point which I enjoyed. He was clear, detailed and we had a clear plan. I left there feeling better than I ever had in a long time. I used the portal system to touch base with the nurse and that system was great! I'm not that computer savvy but it was easy.

January 19th, 2015
Persistent Migraines Since Childhood
Can't say I care for his Nurse Practitioner... but I LOVE Dr. Herzog!

August 6th, 2014
The Best
Without question, the best doctor and staff in the Metroplex. I've recommended him to numerous friends and associates who use him and all have been extremely satisfied.