Psychiatrist
6820 Porto Fino Cir
Ste 1
Fort Myers, FL 33912
239-225-1364
Locations and availability (1)

|  The best practice ever!  |  show details
by Samantha on Oct 8th, 2013

Dr. Machlin and his NP Dianne found me in the darkest time of my life and truly gave me salvation. I was struggling with both a debilitating chronic physical illness as well as depression and severe anxiety and panic. Dr. Machlin is truly brilliant and really gives his patients the time they need to truly express what the issues are. Plus, he has extensive knowledge about the human body and treats the whole person rather than just throwing medicine at you as most psychiatrists do. His office staff, Joanne and Denise are also very accommodating and work very hard to keep the practice in tip top shape. I have very little faith in the medical community, but Dr. Machlin and Dianne Del Pizzo have proved and continue to prove that there are some great ones left!!! I would highly recommend this practice to everyone and anyone who wants to feel human again.

|  Dr. Machlin has been a great psychiatrist, who does all he can to make my life more bearable.  |  show details
Sep 9th, 2012

I have been in his care for paranoid schizophrenia for over two years now. He worked with me to find the correct medication for me, he assists me in making important decisions, he has a keen insight into people, including those he has not met but has gotten word about, and he constantly shows a solicitude for my health and the well-being of my life situation. It's difficult to say what makes a great psychiatrist, but in general I would say it has to do with his ability to understand the human mind and condition and to show insight into the person before him, and Machlin has those ability in spades. If you want a great psychiatrist look no further. I write this out of an appreciation for what he has done for me, made my life bearable for the first time.

|  Rather not say  |  show details
Jun 25th, 2012

Dr. Machlin relies too much on his incompetent so-called mental health staff and THEIR opinions. Again, opinions from non-psychiatric (nurses or whatever have you have) instead of actually meeting with you directly. He never discussed alleged issues directly with me. Dr. Machil was a nice person, he just runs his office terribly. I think his case load is too heavy. And at $100 - $300 makes the visit not helpful.

|  The Best!  |  show details
Apr 3rd, 2012

After trying to get help for at least 10 years without success, Dr. Machlin was recommended to me. Dr. Machlin and his staff have helped me immeasurably. He and his staff are compassionate, caring, and his diagnosis and care plan were spot-on for me. FINALLY...someone has made a difference and helped me change my life!

|  Dr. Machlin and Office Staff  |  show details
Dec 17th, 2011

Dr. Machlin's office is an LLC. This means he is protecting himself from Lawsuits. They charge very high fees and you are not seeing a DOCTOR !! You actually get to see the DOCTOR once every 4 visits!! Otherwise you are left with a NP ( nurse practioner) to prescribe your meds. The office staff is a bit on the cranky side and think they are better than the "crazy" patients. They treat you like you are beneath them.I will not return. Don't judge a practice by where the DOCTOR went to school.....he may have went to good schools, but we don't know where he ranked among the graduates.

Apr 6th, 2011

I have been a patient of Dr Machlin's for almost 4 years. I have so much confidence in this man. He is so compassionate and is so knowlegeable. Dr Mac you are the best!!!

|  Very knowledgeable, caring, compassionate and supportive.  |  show details
Feb 23rd, 2011

Knows medicine benefits and side effects. Knows how to fine tune dosages of multiple meds to treat problems quickly and completely. Is a great listener.

|  Totally great staff!  |  show details
by Maggie B on Jul 22nd, 2010

Staff is very caring and helpful. Nurse practitioner is the same. Dr. Machlin is excellent. He listens and doesn't rush you. The person who complained about their payment problem should take it up with their insurance company. That's not this office's fault. I have gotten significant mental help with the care I've received here thanks to these caring professionals.

Jun 14th, 2010

I have been a patient for 13 years and am now able to work part-time as a result of the excellent cognitive and medical treatment I have received from both the doctor and his nurse practitioner. This is a very friendly and comfortable office.

Jan 18th, 2010

Great office staff and doctor to work with. Always eager to help, always returns calls. Highly recommend this office. You may have a wait for your first appointment but it is totally worth it.

|  Saw Assistant but not him!  |  show details
Oct 27th, 2009

This Dr. is useless, he sees you once and his "assistant" sees you for 20 minutes from that point on and you get stuck with the Full Copay. Completely Useless! I Fired him & reported him to Lee Memorial Patient Advocacy as a fraud.

Aug 6th, 2009

Very pleasant and helpful staff. I was transferred to Dr. Machlin when his partner left the practice. I did have to wait 3 months to see him but, he certainly seemed to have done his homework. He was very familiar with my situation before I had even seen him. He was very friendly and asked my input on trying a new medication. The medication is working great. Dr. Machlin was very attentive and seemed to genuinely care. The only negative thing I can come up with would be that he has so many patients that most of the time I see an ARNP who is very good and helpful with therapy. I only see the doctor about once out of three appointments.