Family Physicians

Beaver Medical Group
7000 Boulder Ave
Highland, CA 92346
909-862-1191
Locations and availability (1)

1.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Bad experience at Marina ER  |  show details
by sam blackman on Nov 11th, 2013

I was treated at the Marina ER by Dr. Salazar for a prostrate related problem. She spent about 10 minites with me, sent a bill for $450 and then wouldn't bill my insurance.About all she did was call for several irrelevant tests. Dr Salazar is an example of our medical system at its worst.

|  Beaver patient  |  show details
by Claudia Chavarria on Jun 30th, 2013

I agree with the majority of you... Dr. S. Salazar is very crude and makes remarks that she ought to keep to herself. I took my 17 year old autistic son with me for his appointment and mine, during my visit with Dr Salazar, my son kept clapping (he doesn't speak)... Dr Salazar asked why he kept clapping so I explained that it was a pattern because of his condition... She replied " you should take him to church more often where he can clap". WTH????? I stood quiet out of respect but I just about had it with her. I hope Beaver (or whoever it is) reads this. I plan to change doctors !!!!

|  Don't go here.  |  show details
Apr 24th, 2012

Unfortuantely, I have to agree with 99% of the negative comments seen here. She is very cold, uncaring, judgemental, rude,and a lousy doctor. She does a horrible job even on something as basic as a routine physical, just going through the motions as quickly as possible to the point of missing things. And yes, if you go in for one thing, an earache or sprained ankle, whatever, and you ask her about an allergy, she tells you that you have to make another appointment to discuss that. Sometimes she will attempt to be friendly, like once she walked in and said, "So how was the hysterectomy?" Uhm... I haven't had a hysterectomy. Once when I went in for my yearly physical while palpating my abdomen, she told me my liver was enlarged. That was all, just, "oh, your liver is enlarged." She didn't seem to have any curiosity at all about why my liver might be enlarged, just felt the need to mention it I guess. Really, don't put your health in her hands.

|  NEVER GO TO HER  |  show details
Mar 29th, 2012

I rarely complain about anything but you must know that your Doctor is NOT a good doctor. She was neglectful in her reading of the x-ray and wanted to subject my son to needless radiation and did not take care of the break for 4 hours. She could care less about the agony and the crying my son (2 yrs old) was in. I would never recommend her or have anyone subjected to her inaccurate readings.

Mar 15th, 2012

great dr. i have not had any problems making appts or a long wait. dr salazar spends enough time with me to explain symptoms or remedies. she has also taken very good care of my children. i have no complaints with dr salazar. :)

Mar 1st, 2012

From my first visit, I noticed that Dr. Salazar works far too quickly and, of course, that led to mistakes. She ordered the wrong test for me which was totally unnecessary and came out of my pocket. I then had to go back and have another test which amounted to further out of pocket cost. In addition, her staff recorded my weight incorrectly as 20 pounds more than it was and I received a very nasty lecture from her about diet and exercise when I only needed to lose about 10 pounds. She is rude and cold and has absolutely no bedside manner. If you are having a problem, you have to wait 3 months before getting an appointment or told to go to Urgent Care. The very thought of going back to her was causing me so much stress that I have decided not to return.

|  Dr. Susan Salazar was very unhelpful!  |  show details
Feb 6th, 2012

Dr. Susan Salazar out of the Highland, CA Medical Office(Beaver Medical Group) is the worst docotor I have every experienced.She is very short and quick tempered with her patients. I asked her a very easy medical question, and she refused to every acknowledge the question, and told me I would need to schedule a follow up appointment just for her to answer the question. It takes on average 3 months time to see this doctor.She is very rude, and has no time for her patients. She tries to keep each appointment very short (she will literally work out of an appt. if it takes more than 3 or 4 minutes).I have only had a few appts. with her and she has walked out with out even discussing the symptoms for the medical appt. to begin with. I have to switch physicans after only three visit with this idiotic physician. If you like a doctor who is rude to her own staff and her patients, she is the doctor to see. If you want a professional doctor with real medical skills, go elsewhere!BEWARE OF THIS PHYSICIAN AT ALL COST!

|  Quack  |  show details
Oct 12th, 2011

I had a injury to my right knee, and she only examined my left knee, talked for 10 minutes (the whole visit with her) about herself, and then charged me $335 - much more than my health insurance said was allowable. Only After 'examining' me did she advise that she was no longer contracted with my health insurance company.

|  Fail  |  show details
Aug 30th, 2011

This Doctor pretty much failed every aspect of emergency room medicine. She was timid, judgmental, deferred to nurses and was generally a nasty person.

Aug 25th, 2011

Arrogant and condescending. No bedside manner.

Jul 1st, 2011

Horrible.

|  Deceiptful/Inaccurate ER Vistit  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2010

Dr. Salazar treated me after being brought to Marnia Del Rey Hospital following a motorcycle accident. This visit was the worst medical experience I've ever had in my life. Due mainly to Dr. Salazar, the visit cost me thousands of dollars (I am insured), and caused much undue stress to myself and family due to her diagnosis and recommendations following a CT scan (that I tried to deny due to the expense) of a condition that she is clearly not remotely familiar with. Basically, I can't think of a single thing told to me by this doctor that was accurate and didn't end up costing me money that I don't have. Hopefully those who do their research will avoid this doctor and the institutions that she is affiliated with at all costs.

by Veronica M. on May 18th, 2010

This doctor has an awful, awful bedside manner. She could've cared less about my pain and was RUDE to me. As if my crying out in pain annoyed her. Just horrible. I'd go so far as to say she gave me dirty looks. I'm still taken aback by it.