Dr. Terry Bissell MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.0

October 9th, 2013
Avoid at all costs
Is prone to insulting you or making you feel guilty for not being perfect (in my case weight, even though it was discovered by a blood test to be caused by hypothyroidism and low T by my GP. Now I am losing weight consistently. I had begun to lose weight under her care and she got angry when I wouldn't go to OA. Lady, it actually wasn't my fault!!!!). I had a psychiatric episode related to my condition which caused her to blame me for it, as if it was my fault (I'm sorry if I can't control something that I had no choice in being cursed with. Isn't this why I was getting treated by you in the first place????) Tried to override decisions of my primary care physician. Has a cruel, judgmental, and insensitive demeanor. I have had severe psychological trauma in my life, so being an insulting jerk is probably not the way to handle a case as delicate as mine. Her staff is wonderful, and I feel sorry for them in the fact they have to work with he. I was actually recommended for seeing a different Doctor (Suzuki), but was passed off onto her. Gee, I wonder why? Maybe the fact that, above all that, she will make you wait forever even if you are the very first appointment at 8 am. She clearly hates her job and her patients, the bio on SM Psych's website says she received a Fine Arts degree. She is most likely bitter that her career there didn't happen. Please, do not subject yourself to abuse. She should have her ability to practice medicine revoked. A complete and total shell of a human being. Oh, is that too harsh? Meet her and see for yourself.

August 8th, 2013
I love this lady
I was laughing when I read all the negative reviews of Dr. Bissell. I just love this lady. She is sharp and caring. She's everything I could've ever asked for and I look forward to seeing her each time. Her prescription for me has altered my depressive state, which I've had for many years and never thought was possible to get better. She explained clearly to me why she was prescribing a certain SSRI. Every time I see her, it's like a science lesson. Lots of fun learning from this great lady.

August 6th, 2013
Shouldn't be practicing
Dr. Bissell should perhaps consider another profession. I have PTSD from severe childhood abuse. She told me I was an adult now, it was in the past and I should "get over it." She put me on an SSRI-type medication (after consulting the PDR--she didn't seem to have a good working knowledge of medications) that made me gain a lot of weight. When I told her I was gaining weight at a followup appointment, she was dismissive, saying, "I'm not a weight-loss expert; try Jenny Craig." Well, she may not be a weight-loss expert, but she is a DOCTOR whom I'm sure has been prescribing psychiatric meds that cause weight gain for years, so she should be able to offer some solutions. I decided that was the last time I'd see Dr. Bissell. I started seeing the head of the practice, Dr. Suzuki, who is wonderful. He took my concerns about the side effect seriously and immediately switched me to another drug that not only has worked much better for me, I have already lost half of the weight I gained on the other drug, in only one month.

December 4th, 2012
Great Doctor !
She took the time to listen to my concerns and refills were no problem. Also she is the only one in the building who accepts insurance.

July 2nd, 2012
Fine
My experience with her has been fine. She has been my doctor for over 10 years. She is genuinely interested in not just my medication, but other aspects of my life and how they affect my mood. Sh3e's very good at suggesting concrete actions I can take to help, even if sometimes I don't want to hear those suggestions. Recommended.

April 26th, 2012
don't go if you have a substance abuse problem unless you want to be SHAMED.

September 21st, 2011
I need a psychiatrist... so does she.
Very angry woman. Comes off as though you are bothering her. Repeatedly referred to hospializing me when I came in for a visit hoping to have my meds adjusted. Even after I told her it was my greatest fear, she kept talking about it in a gruff, and disinterested manner. Bedside manner is nil.

September 9th, 2011
Rude with a bad memory...
This woman is simply rude and judgemental. She jumps to conclusions about what you are saying before you can even finish what you are saying. Also, she can't remember what was said from one visit to the next or one phone call to the next. Not helpful.

July 6th, 2011
Boo
She made me feel dumb and was confusing with her questions...I waited about thirty minutes and there was no acknowledgment of my waiting...She was not very nice and made me feel like it was a burden to see me... Also she did not give the best advice... I don't think I'll do a follow up appointment.

June 30th, 2011
Not helpful at all
She was rude and had no bedside manner. How did she become a psychiatrist anyway?

April 18th, 2011
This doctor should not be in practice. She is rude, insensitive and knows little about medication management.

September 29th, 2010
Terry couldn't fin the right medications for me she gave me samples I couldn't sleep at time and had bizaar side effects. She was rude. She was not helpful and she took alot of time away from the office.