Dr. Terry Madsen MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Richardson, TX

3.4

October 10th, 2016
I called the office about an appointment and was hung up on twice.

August 17th, 2016
Awful dr Stsy out of the bars
He look liked he had been partying all night long

May 23rd, 2016
The best!
I could not have been more pleased with all aspects of my shoulder surgery and recovery. Dr. Madsen and staff were pros from every perspective. 10 stars!

September 28th, 2015
One of the worst doctors I have ever seen. Terrible bedside manner! Beware!! Rushed through everything and did not take the time to answer questions. Something he is not passionate about he was like a robot. Please avoid!

April 15th, 2015
Simply the worst follow-up of any medical professional I have ever seen. I requested a copy of my visits and have been waiting three weeks for them to even call or respond to this simple request. Unfortunately, however, this is just the straw that broke the camels back. I have had a horrible experience with the offices' unwilling to follow-up on everything. I should have know there was going to be trouble after Dr Madsen did not return an emergency call until three days later. Then for a year now, if you need something, don't leave a message because your call will not be returned. You have to go in and face the staff in order to get what you need.

November 18th, 2014
A Doctor
Dr. Madsen is a typical surgeon. He WANTS to operate. He will treat people with chronic conditions but essentially he wants to treat people who he can operate on. The man is a good surgeon and had mostly good results. He has times when he seems rushed and other times when he seems like he has all the time in the world to spend with you; I think it just depends on what kind of day he is having. His office staff seems very nice but they do seem busy and maybe a bit over worked. One girl was severely pregnant and working so I assume they are probably severely understaffed. Melanie at the front desk was helpful, as was the woman Gwen who checked me out. The girls in back were helpful though I don't recall the names of them all. I do have to say the previous office manager who worked there and did my x-rays was a sweetheart, though I understand she's been replaced. That's too bad though. All in all, Dr. Madsen is a good surgeon and his office is typical of a doc who sees a lot of people. AND my knee feels pretty good after everything too, so that's a plus.

August 11th, 2014
Greatest staff around.
Thank God he has a new lady up front, not only does she speak English, she also makes a point to return my calls, I wish I could say the nurses in back cared as much. They run me through and never seem to take the time and actually hear how I'm progressing.

May 30th, 2014
AVOID THIS DOCTOR!
Very SKETCHY doctor. I had issues with both my knees. I was suffering severe pain when standing up, so I thought that I should see a orthopedic to check it out. The first thing I noticed is the unprofessionalism of front staff and subtly rude medical assistant. And that not even the best part: Dr. Madsen just glanced at my knee, felt around it, and then concluded that he can do surgery on it. Point, blank, period. I asked if he wants to do an MRI/X-ray first to make sure, and he told me that he's sure. How can ANY doctor, no matter the years of experience just look at a knee, feel it and plans for surgery? Sketchy, much? I'm so glad I got a second opinion. When it comes to surgery, it's serious business - not monkey business. I don't know what kind of doctor's office he is running. Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield

April 22nd, 2014
Hip repair
After patiently waiting only 5 minutes Dr. Madsen's staff promptly led me to my room. The young ladies were extremely nice and friendly. Dr. Madsen entered into my room shortly after getting their. He was not only a great doctor but he was also enjoyable to talk to and took the time to answer all of my questions himself. After an excellent surgery I continue to do physical therapy and look forward to my follow up visit!

March 20th, 2014
Excellent experience
After being a patient of Dr. Madsen's a few years ago I recently returned to his office to get my hip looked at. Wow! His new office looks amazing, the staff were friendlier than ever, and it was great seeing Dr. Madsen again! He is hands down the best Orthopedic surgeon in the metroplex!

March 14th, 2014
Excellent experience
After breaking my arm a family friend recommended Dr. Madsen to me, and I'm very glad they did. The wait time was reasonable for your average doctors office, the staff was very friendly and polite, and Dr. Madsen did an amazing job. I felt that he spent lots of one on one time with me and answered all of my questions thoroughly. I will be getting my cast off within the next month and look forward to returning for another visit. Would recommend him to anyone!

January 16th, 2014
Broken bones
Thanks to Dr Madsen, my broken bone healed well and quite fast. It was easy and fast to set an appointment, front desk and nurses or assistants were all friendly, competent and professional. Dr Madsen was obviously busy but the time he needed for my appointment did not feel rushed. I'm glad I don't have any more visits but if I ever break a bone again, I will know where to call.