Orthopedic Surgeons
3009 E Renner Rd
Suite 100
Richardson, TX 75082
972-664-0606
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  AVOID THIS DOCTOR!  |  show details
May 30th, 2014

Very SKETCHY doctor. I had issues with both my knees. I was suffering severe pain when standing up, so I thought that I should see a orthopedic to check it out. The first thing I noticed is the unprofessionalism of front staff and subtly rude medical assistant. And that not even the best part: Dr. Madsen just glanced at my knee, felt around it, and then concluded that he can do surgery on it. Point, blank, period. I asked if he wants to do an MRI/X-ray first to make sure, and he told me that he's sure. How can ANY doctor, no matter the years of experience just look at a knee, feel it and plans for surgery? Sketchy, much? I'm so glad I got a second opinion. When it comes to surgery, it's serious business - not monkey business. I don't know what kind of doctor's office he is running. Insurance: Blue Cross / Blue Shield

|  Hip repair  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2014

After patiently waiting only 5 minutes Dr. Madsen's staff promptly led me to my room. The young ladies were extremely nice and friendly. Dr. Madsen entered into my room shortly after getting their. He was not only a great doctor but he was also enjoyable to talk to and took the time to answer all of my questions himself. After an excellent surgery I continue to do physical therapy and look forward to my follow up visit!

|  Excellent experience  |  show details
by Steven on Mar 20th, 2014

After being a patient of Dr. Madsen's a few years ago I recently returned to his office to get my hip looked at. Wow! His new office looks amazing, the staff were friendlier than ever, and it was great seeing Dr. Madsen again! He is hands down the best Orthopedic surgeon in the metroplex!

|  Excellent experience  |  show details
Mar 14th, 2014

After breaking my arm a family friend recommended Dr. Madsen to me, and I'm very glad they did. The wait time was reasonable for your average doctors office, the staff was very friendly and polite, and Dr. Madsen did an amazing job. I felt that he spent lots of one on one time with me and answered all of my questions thoroughly. I will be getting my cast off within the next month and look forward to returning for another visit. Would recommend him to anyone!

|  Broken bones  |  show details
by M. on Jan 16th, 2014

Thanks to Dr Madsen, my broken bone healed well and quite fast. It was easy and fast to set an appointment, front desk and nurses or assistants were all friendly, competent and professional. Dr Madsen was obviously busy but the time he needed for my appointment did not feel rushed. I'm glad I don't have any more visits but if I ever break a bone again, I will know where to call.

|  Health is Hope  |  show details
by Rebecca on Aug 26th, 2013

Dr. Madsen is a miracle worker! My heartfelt thanks goes to Madsen Orthopedics for the professionalism and care I received recently for a rotator cuff injury. My pain was great and within days surgery was scheduled. Restoring my health has given me renewed hope for a full recovery and all my thanks goes to Dr. Terry Madsen and his staff at Madsen Orthepedics. Your kindness will never be forgotten.

by Jana Burke on Jun 5th, 2013

After falling and shattering my wrist I went to see Dr. Madsen on the 13th of May, had surgery on the 14th. I am extremely happy with the results of my surgery, Dr. Madsen made sure I was as comfortable with his surgical procedure and comfortable with my pain management which was minimal. He is a great doctor and I would highly recommend him to anyone that is in need of his services. He answered all of my questions without making me feel like I was wasting his time. I hope to NEVER break another bone again but if I do I will not hesitate to go back to Dr. Madsen.

Mar 20th, 2013

Botced the surgery on my broken femur; now my right leg is 1.25 inches shorter than my left leg. Went back to him in March 2013 with excrutiating pain in my leg and he gave me a shot for bursitus. All he had to say when I told him about the leg shortening was - HMM. Went to an orthapedic surgeron who did diagnose the problem - rebreak the leg or use a shoe lift. Am trying the lift and it makes a world of difference. Stay clear of this guy!

Feb 4th, 2013

Dr Madsen has only 2 days that he actually sees patients. His staff moves your scheduled appointments to different times. I had an appointment that his staff rescheduled 5 times! twice in one day. He may be an excellent surgeon, but spends no time with his patients, at least not me, and acted as if I were interfering with his day when I had several questions for him. I didn't get an answer from him and his staff had no knowledge as to how to answer my question. They don't have the medical background they need to assist patients.

|  Saw this Dr. only on surgery day  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2012

His PA and nurses do everything in the office. We've never seen him in the office. First visit was about a 20 minute wait to see the PA. She said surgery was needed. Met the Dr. the morning of the surgery. On the follow up visit we waited for over an hour to see the PA. The second follow up we waited about 40 minutes. They collected 1K from me before the surgery, but waited to file the claim, so now the deductible has been met and they need to reimburse me the 1K. I can't get the claims person to respond or refund the money they over collected. I've left 3 messages for her and she never responds.

|  worth the wait  |  show details
Aug 17th, 2012

dr madsen was energetic positive and knew what was wrong and what to do to make it better without sending me to a bunch of expensive time consuming tests which has happened to me in the past.i highly recommend him my friends relatives and co workers who all have been equally impressed

|  great doctor  |  show details
Jun 17th, 2012

we have seen dr. madsne for some time he has treated most of my family and we have sent our friends to him we have been lucky to have had in our lives. he has always answered all out questions and took as much time as needed to have us feel comfortable. we first met the doctor when my mother broke her hip he did her surgery on a sunday on a long weekend. we have been seeing him and referring to him since

|  uncaring, flippant, terrible bedside manner  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2012

This doctor has a terrible bedside manner. He treated my mother as though her quality of life should be less just because she is over 80. He seemed surprised that she should want to regain her strength after a fracture enough to walk without a walker again. He actually asked, "how old are you, anyway?" He mentioned how her pain might be due to a certain problem for which "that's a really bad surgery". REALLY? He's going to lay that kind of fear on her? He seemed to be grabbing at straws as to what is wrong. In the three months since she fell, she has seen him for possibly 30-40 minutes total. VERY unimpressed by this man.

|  2nd surgery  |  show details
May 19th, 2012

Had 2nd surgery on same shoulder 9 months later by another doctor, multiple areas found not to be cleaned up correctly, poor communication by doctor and staff

|  Too Busy- Dr. Often not in the office  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2012

I also have had the experience of not having the Dr. that I made the appointment with. Usually his nurses do everything and he pops in from time to time. We came to see a Dr, not a nurse. I agree he is just too busy doing things outside of the office. The front desk staff are hard to deal with, but the nursing staff are usually nice. On one occasion, they set up my son for an appointment and he needed a new cast put on. No one was there that had ever done it before,so we had a novice office person or nurse re-cast my son. She even told us it was her first time. Of course, she messed it up and we had to make yet another appointment to get it corrected, at which point they just took it off. I also had the experience of being rushed when we did get to see the Dr. for all of 2 minutes, if that.

|  My bad experience  |  show details
Mar 1st, 2012

I went to this Doctor with finger fracture. He did the surgery and put pins to correct it. During the followup visits, he kept telling that everything is fine. Finally when I went for therapy the finger was overlapping on to the next finger and it was so painful to bring it straight. I went to the doctor and asked why the finger is like this. He said oh, well, looks like the bone got twisted and I need to go for another surgery and he can do it the following week. My heart sank listening to this. I was not expecting this. I went to another doctor and it was confirmed that the finger is pinned wrong. Basically I need to break it again to fix it. The doctor charged around $30000 for this surgery and now I have to go for another surgery and all the pain and the therapy again. Definitely I am not going with this doctor again and I wouldn't recommend to anybody.

Feb 27th, 2012

Dr. Madsen is a great doc. He was very caring and made my 9yr. Old feel very comfortable. She healed very quickly after doing what Dr. Madsen recommended. I wool definitely take her there again for future injuries.

|  Amazing Doctor!!  |  show details
Feb 17th, 2012

He fixed my wrist! After seeing 3 other hand docs I finally found Dr. Madsen and he treated my wrist and gave me exercises to do that actually worked. I am so thankful I can play tennis and workout again. Dr. Madsen you are the best!

|  Scheduled Appointment  |  show details
Dec 5th, 2011

Showed up for my appointment @ 11:40 only to find out after they took my Co-Pay that the Dr madsen had went to lunch. The staff knew this and apparantly he doesnt care whether or not he has an appointment or not i got my co-pay back but i feel if they can charge for us not being there i think he should have to pay the 45 charge as well.

|  Best surgeon, hands down  |  show details
by thatlilsewsew at Citysearch on Nov 28th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I had 2 prior shoulder surgeries due to a work injury by a surgeon out of Greenville. This guy left my shoulder broken and damaged. I gave up hope when my treating physician sent me to Dr.Madsen. Dr.Madsen said he could fix my shoulder. I am 2 weeks post surgery and it is the least painful of my 3 surgeries and looks better than it did before. I anticipate it will work well too. I am very pleased with Dr. Madsen and would highly recommend him.

|  Great Doctor!!!  |  show details
by chloe2085 at Citysearch on Apr 19th, 2011 on citysearch.com

Dr. Madsen did a great job of fixing my wrist. After months of rehab and it not getting better he put me on a plan that helped right away. Thank you Dr. Madsen I will never go anywhere else!

Jun 28th, 2010

Great Doctor!! I was a tough case!!! Two broken legs, one broken arm. Took over a year and 3 surgeries to heal. Dr Madsen took me in when others failed.. Yes he is a busy man but he doesn't give you BS answers, he gets to the point. He and his staff were great!!!

by happy patient on Jun 8th, 2010

had great visit was funny friendly and skilled

|  Would not return  |  show details
by Unsatisfied Mother on Mar 22nd, 2010

He is way too busy. I felt like my daughter and I were being herded like cattle. He came in shook my hand, told me he was going to cast my 2 yr old's arm and left. That was it. The lady that casted her arm yelled at me and the sweet nurse (the only one who seemed to understand that my CHILD was scared and tryed to make it better) in front of me...to the point it looked like she was going to cry. They are very rude and have poor bedside manner. I will not ever be coming back here...if need be.

Feb 15th, 2010

The guy is too busy for his own good. I waited too long, the staff was short and acted like I was just a bother. after realizing i did not need surgery, he just left and his rude, short, nurse took over.

|  my hero  |  show details
by erin on Nov 16th, 2009

i have seen doctor madsen for 3 different injuries he is out school sports doctor everybody at berkner luvs him especially the girls. we are glad he is there to help us and does such a great job.

|  best of best  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2009

wouldn't go anywhere else. whole family luvs him.

by runner boy on Oct 5th, 2009 on citysearch.com

first time visit had knee pain he diagnosed me gave me treatment in his office and a home plan been doing great since about the fourth or fifth ortho guy i'd seen first one to get me running pain free. thanks dr madsen appreciate everything u do

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  great doc  |  show details
Sep 29th, 2009

best doctor i have ever been too. smart concise didn't waste time. was recommended to see him by a friend and have recommended all my friends see him.

|  Does not stand behind his word.  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2009

Inconsistent opinions and treatment visit to visit. Too busy to treat patient as a person.

May 1st, 2009

He is too busy to help people!