Dr. Thomas Albert MD Patient Reviews

3.9

February 5th, 2015
Dr. Albert is absolutely amazing. He's so nice, and his staff is so great. He helped me through my twin pregnancy and now with my third baby. He took the time to talk with us, and he was extremely helpful. There is a long wait, but with all the different types of patients he has to see, and so many of these other ladies have said it best...he cares, so he takes the time for people in difficult situations. Personally, I take it as a good sign when he doesn't spend a whole lot of time with you - it means you have nothing to worry about, and I can respect that. He's so very knowledgeable, and the high resolution sonogram is great.

July 12th, 2014
Great experience
I personally had a great experience with Dr. Albert and his staff. They were all kind to me and made me feel welcome. They were quite busy the last time I visited, but it was worth his expertise. I'm thankful that my OBGYN sent him to me. I know the baby's health, which is my main focus.

April 1st, 2014
Awesome
Thank you Dr. Albert! Because of you our premie twins have grown into healthy and active 9yr old girls. I agree with other reviewers that Dr. Albert may come off as a little distant. We had the same initial experience but as time progressed (and we had a lot of visits due to a very high risk pregnancy) we had lots of discussions on a variety of topics. He was always direct and honest in terms of evaluating the status of the pregnancy. And he never batted an eyelid when my water broke on his exam table. Once again thank you Dr. Albert! You were awesome!

February 18th, 2014
Best of the Best
I agree with most of the reviews when they say Dr. Albert and his staff are not the warmest folks to be around. With that being said if you have a high risk pregnancy or believe to have something wrong with your unborn child then you will want to see Dr. Albert. He is the best of the best at what he does. We had a deletion on our 13th chromosome that he found at 11 weeks from looking at a sonogram. He knew something was wrong and believed it was on the 13th chromosome this was even before our blood work testing got back. We too were taken back with his bedside manner and that of his staff but as we went thru the process with him he is ridiculously accurate. We saw him every two weeks from that point until we delivered at 36 weeks. Throughout the entire process he answered any question we had, explained everything even to the point of drawing us pictures. He is one of the most intelligent doctors I have ever met. Most highly intelligent people lack social skills and he does, but on the flip side he does not miss. He was very thorough and honest. He was always concerned about my health and the health of our baby the entire time. So if you are seeing him for a reason then I would overlook the cold waiting rooms, the not so great bedside manner, and his staff that is also a bit on the strange side. You have to understand that he is a specialist and unfortunately he has to deliver very devastating news for conditions that are usually very rare. So if you want to feel 100% confident that your baby is healthy then I would go to Dr. Albert because again he does not miss. If your child was already born and became sick wouldn’t you seek out the very best dr you could regardless of their bedside manner and the bad taste in decorations of their office. YES you would. I would not see anyone else and if you ask any L&D nurse or OB they will recommend him.

November 20th, 2013
Very rude staff.
I agree with some of the previous review. The office did not seem very friendly and the staff made it even worse. They staff were cold and very unwelcoming. They acted as though they did not want to be there. They spoke very rudely and harshly to me. Left for me, I would not want to go back to them. The doctor on the hand shook my hand and that was it. He called out stats to the rude assistant. Even as nurse, it was hard for me to understand anything he was saying to her. I had to read the sono screen to put together whatever he was saying to her. They need a lot of improvement regarding customer service.

October 22nd, 2013
the Worst place ever.
Me and my husband waited over an 1.5 hr to get in , The lady at the desk does what she feels like . Even though we were schedules to 9:30, an hour later we were still waiting , other patient were going in. I couldn't wait anymore, at 10:35 we asked how much longer should we wait? The lady at the desk said " I don't know , I am letting people in without a scheduled appointment , so it might take longer . I didn't go in , I went back home without getting tested. I will never go back there again, and I am not sure the Doctor is aware of the behavior of his stuff!!!

July 24th, 2013
Wait Time is ridiculous!
Dr. Albert is professional but after waiting 32 minutes to get into a room is unacceptable. Once you get into a room and undress, you end up waiting atleast another half hour, and youre half naked. Mist likely, youll be laying there with gel on your belly and still waiting. An hour of waiting is not worth anyone's time. The staff are just so so and the Plano office feels unclean. I do not even prefer to take my shoes off. Unfortunately, there are plenty of other specialists in the Dallas area.

May 1st, 2013
Mrs
I did not like my experience with this dr and his staff...he was aloof and with his assistant talking like I wasn't even in the room. Then when he got done walked out and the nurse/assistant did not even offer me a wipe or tissue to wipe off the gel on my stomach or offer a hand to sit up from a laying position....at 32 weeks its very hard to do alone. Was very disappointed with service

April 23rd, 2013
Highly reccommened NOT going to this doctor
Having had a first trimester screening with a different doctor for my first pregnancy, I knew what to expect. However, Dr Albert did none of the tests required. It took a while 3 minutes for my appointment where the screening should last at least 30 minutes with detailed measurements of he limbs, brain, neck, counting of fingers and toes, etc etc. he did absolutely none of these. He was extremely unprofessional and about as helpful as the wall. I'm not one to usually post reviews for doctors or restaurants etc so this speaks volumes as to how dissatisfied I was. Please recommend choosing a different doctor, I will be well worth it i assure you.

February 1st, 2013
Wonderful and professional
I have read several other reviews about Dr. Albert and while I can certainly understand those questioning his bedside manner, I have to disagree with his level of professionalism. I was referred to Dr. Albert after my nuchal scan by my ob. Dr. Albert is not the most talkative person, but he was patient with my questions. He did not seem rushed to move on to something else and he was extremely knowledgeable about my baby's condition. He allowed me time after our first visit to decide on whether or not I wanted the CVS test. And when we decided to move forward, he had me come back that same day. When my OB couldn't deliver the news about our baby's diagnosis, Dr. Albert understood how important it was for us to know and he delivered it and he did so in a compassionate manner. Is he going to cry with you? No, but he was very thorough in the information he provided and allowed us to ask as many questions as possible. Over the remaining 24 weeks of my pregnancy, I saw Dr. Albert frequently. He talked about his personal life (to an appropriate degree) and even inquired about ours. His staff is not very personable, but they are handling sensitive client issues and while it may be comforting for some to joke and pal around with their physician, I prefer someone who is extremely capable and can help me understand my health and my baby's health. I saved the "fun" relationship for my new OB. I would never want to "need" to see Dr. Albert again, but if I ever had complications and needed a perinatologist, he would be the first one I'd call. Our daughter is having her heart surgery soon, and I can't wait to send him a picture!

October 24th, 2012
Dr Albert is very smart which is what you need in these situations. He is honest and knows how to make an accurate diagnosis. He is cautious and does everything he can to ensure Mother and Child safety.

May 10th, 2012
Very Nice
My daughter in law (31 weeks/ dilated fetal kidneys) was referred to Dr. Albert. We saw him at Lakepoint Hospital in Rowlett. The wait was 2 hours in a room with a young couple and their 2yr. old that liked to slam open and close every door he could.. so that part could have been better. Based on a few of the other reviews I was expecting a doctor with poor people skills and little interaction, but we were pleasantly surprised. He shook my daughter in laws hand as he came in as well as mine and explained things to her as he was doing the ultrasound.He broke it down for her and made it easier for her to understand. I had done a little research so I asked him a few questions and he was very nice and answered all of them and even told me I had asked some very good questions. I would certainly recommend him and would have no hesitation at all about seeing him again.