Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile
6200 W Parker Rd
Plano, TX 75093
972-981-8889
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore. CitySearch.
 |  Great experience  |  show details
by WB on Jul 12th, 2014

I personally had a great experience with Dr. Albert and his staff. They were all kind to me and made me feel welcome. They were quite busy the last time I visited, but it was worth his expertise. I'm thankful that my OBGYN sent him to me. I know the baby's health, which is my main focus.

|  Awesome  |  show details
Apr 1st, 2014

Thank you Dr. Albert! Because of you our premie twins have grown into healthy and active 9yr old girls. I agree with other reviewers that Dr. Albert may come off as a little distant. We had the same initial experience but as time progressed (and we had a lot of visits due to a very high risk pregnancy) we had lots of discussions on a variety of topics. He was always direct and honest in terms of evaluating the status of the pregnancy. And he never batted an eyelid when my water broke on his exam table. Once again thank you Dr. Albert! You were awesome!

|  Best of the Best  |  show details
Feb 18th, 2014

I agree with most of the reviews when they say Dr. Albert and his staff are not the warmest folks to be around. With that being said if you have a high risk pregnancy or believe to have something wrong with your unborn child then you will want to see Dr. Albert. He is the best of the best at what he does. We had a deletion on our 13th chromosome that he found at 11 weeks from looking at a sonogram. He knew something was wrong and believed it was on the 13th chromosome this was even before our blood work testing got back. We too were taken back with his bedside manner and that of his staff but as we went thru the process with him he is ridiculously accurate. We saw him every two weeks from that point until we delivered at 36 weeks. Throughout the entire process he answered any question we had, explained everything even to the point of drawing us pictures. He is one of the most intelligent doctors I have ever met. Most highly intelligent people lack social skills and he does, but on the flip side he does not miss. He was very thorough and honest. He was always concerned about my health and the health of our baby the entire time. So if you are seeing him for a reason then I would overlook the cold waiting rooms, the not so great bedside manner, and his staff that is also a bit on the strange side. You have to understand that he is a specialist and unfortunately he has to deliver very devastating news for conditions that are usually very rare. So if you want to feel 100% confident that your baby is healthy then I would go to Dr. Albert because again he does not miss. If your child was already born and became sick wouldn’t you seek out the very best dr you could regardless of their bedside manner and the bad taste in decorations of their office. YES you would. I would not see anyone else and if you ask any L&D nurse or OB they will recommend him.

|  Very rude staff.  |  show details
by IK on Nov 20th, 2013

I agree with some of the previous review. The office did not seem very friendly and the staff made it even worse. They staff were cold and very unwelcoming. They acted as though they did not want to be there. They spoke very rudely and harshly to me. Left for me, I would not want to go back to them. The doctor on the hand shook my hand and that was it. He called out stats to the rude assistant. Even as nurse, it was hard for me to understand anything he was saying to her. I had to read the sono screen to put together whatever he was saying to her. They need a lot of improvement regarding customer service.

|  the Worst place ever.  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2013

Me and my husband waited over an 1.5 hr to get in , The lady at the desk does what she feels like . Even though we were schedules to 9:30, an hour later we were still waiting , other patient were going in. I couldn't wait anymore, at 10:35 we asked how much longer should we wait? The lady at the desk said " I don't know , I am letting people in without a scheduled appointment , so it might take longer . I didn't go in , I went back home without getting tested. I will never go back there again, and I am not sure the Doctor is aware of the behavior of his stuff!!!

|  Wait Time is ridiculous!  |  show details
by Prego on Jul 24th, 2013

Dr. Albert is professional but after waiting 32 minutes to get into a room is unacceptable. Once you get into a room and undress, you end up waiting atleast another half hour, and youre half naked. Mist likely, youll be laying there with gel on your belly and still waiting. An hour of waiting is not worth anyone's time. The staff are just so so and the Plano office feels unclean. I do not even prefer to take my shoes off. Unfortunately, there are plenty of other specialists in the Dallas area.

|  Mrs  |  show details
by Sent on May 1st, 2013

I did not like my experience with this dr and his staff...he was aloof and with his assistant talking like I wasn't even in the room. Then when he got done walked out and the nurse/assistant did not even offer me a wipe or tissue to wipe off the gel on my stomach or offer a hand to sit up from a laying position....at 32 weeks its very hard to do alone. Was very disappointed with service

|  Highly reccommened NOT going to this doctor  |  show details
Apr 23rd, 2013

Having had a first trimester screening with a different doctor for my first pregnancy, I knew what to expect. However, Dr Albert did none of the tests required. It took a while 3 minutes for my appointment where the screening should last at least 30 minutes with detailed measurements of he limbs, brain, neck, counting of fingers and toes, etc etc. he did absolutely none of these. He was extremely unprofessional and about as helpful as the wall. I'm not one to usually post reviews for doctors or restaurants etc so this speaks volumes as to how dissatisfied I was. Please recommend choosing a different doctor, I will be well worth it i assure you.

|  Wonderful and professional  |  show details
by C. Donnell on Feb 1st, 2013

I have read several other reviews about Dr. Albert and while I can certainly understand those questioning his bedside manner, I have to disagree with his level of professionalism. I was referred to Dr. Albert after my nuchal scan by my ob. Dr. Albert is not the most talkative person, but he was patient with my questions. He did not seem rushed to move on to something else and he was extremely knowledgeable about my baby's condition. He allowed me time after our first visit to decide on whether or not I wanted the CVS test. And when we decided to move forward, he had me come back that same day. When my OB couldn't deliver the news about our baby's diagnosis, Dr. Albert understood how important it was for us to know and he delivered it and he did so in a compassionate manner. Is he going to cry with you? No, but he was very thorough in the information he provided and allowed us to ask as many questions as possible. Over the remaining 24 weeks of my pregnancy, I saw Dr. Albert frequently. He talked about his personal life (to an appropriate degree) and even inquired about ours. His staff is not very personable, but they are handling sensitive client issues and while it may be comforting for some to joke and pal around with their physician, I prefer someone who is extremely capable and can help me understand my health and my baby's health. I saved the "fun" relationship for my new OB. I would never want to "need" to see Dr. Albert again, but if I ever had complications and needed a perinatologist, he would be the first one I'd call. Our daughter is having her heart surgery soon, and I can't wait to send him a picture!

Oct 24th, 2012

Dr Albert is very smart which is what you need in these situations. He is honest and knows how to make an accurate diagnosis. He is cautious and does everything he can to ensure Mother and Child safety.

|  Very Nice  |  show details
May 10th, 2012

My daughter in law (31 weeks/ dilated fetal kidneys) was referred to Dr. Albert. We saw him at Lakepoint Hospital in Rowlett. The wait was 2 hours in a room with a young couple and their 2yr. old that liked to slam open and close every door he could.. so that part could have been better. Based on a few of the other reviews I was expecting a doctor with poor people skills and little interaction, but we were pleasantly surprised. He shook my daughter in laws hand as he came in as well as mine and explained things to her as he was doing the ultrasound.He broke it down for her and made it easier for her to understand. I had done a little research so I asked him a few questions and he was very nice and answered all of them and even told me I had asked some very good questions. I would certainly recommend him and would have no hesitation at all about seeing him again.

Mar 16th, 2012

I have had multiple expeiences with Dr. Albert. My first experience was following the death of my newborn daughter to a rare auto-immune condition. Anxious from the start, we were seen when I experienced bleeding during my first trimester. Dr. Albert and his staff were very abrupt and seemed insensitive when the ultrasound gave indication of a possible abnormality. Little, to no, compassion was conveyed when receiving a lethal Trisomy diagnosis and when our child died in-utero. Dr. Albert also provided the in-depth care during pregnancy and delivery of my 3rd child. There was slightly more compassion by the staff and Dr. Albert during that time, but it seemed forced and felt mostly initiated on my part.As far as speciality, knowledge, and professionalism go, Dr. Albert is top-notch. Due to the sensitive and intimate nature of having a child, I would not recommend Dr. Albert. However, we chose him because he is one of few Perinatologist willing to deliver babies. Perhaps some MAJOR sensitivity and empathy training, heartfelt sentimates, and a compassionate and friendly support staff might change my mind.

|  Second pregnancy with Dr. Albert  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2012

We were referred to Dr. Albert by our regular OBGYN due to history of complications in our first pregnancy. He saw us regularly throughout our second pregnancy (delivered by c-section 9/2010) and we are now half way through our third pregnancy. We have had minor issues including bleeding, threatened miscarriage, and contractions at various times. One time, we waited about 20-25 minutes due to an emergency he had. I know if I had an emergency, he would be there to assist...I certainly do not mind waiting while he is caring for another mother and child.He has been very professional and is always willing to answer our questions without making us feel rushed.I would refer friends, family, etc to Dr Albert and am grateful my OBGYN recommended him to us.

|  So thankful!  |  show details
Dec 8th, 2011

He was my high risk doctor while I was on hospital bedrest for 15 weeks, and I see him every week sometimes more ofteh than once a week. My water broke at 21 weeks and 5 days, and I heard that in my situation the doctors always suggest termination because of risk of infection and the baby not having mature enough lungs. Not once I heard him suggesting termination, including my OB. At the end with hard work thanks to Dr Albert and Dr Kaye, my baby girl was born at relatively good gestation age and most importantly healthy.

Dec 4th, 2011

I had a TTS and with god's help and Dr. Albert, it went wonderful. Thank you Dr. AlbertSincerely,Mrs. Tabanjah

|  From a husbands perspective...  |  show details
Jul 9th, 2011

My wife has seen Dr. Albert twice now for each of her pregnancies. I always try to go to all of her appointments and I found Dr. Albert both times to be very attentive during the visit and very respectful of my wife. He comes very highly recommened from her OB and I was very impressed. I want the best for my wife and Dr. Albert is the best.

|  Somber Specialist  |  show details
by Mrand Mrs at Citysearch on Jun 30th, 2011 on citysearch.com

WOW. I just read these reviews and I must agree that I felt the same way. Rushed. Unhappy environment. Very strange office. I don`t understand. I chalked it up to office personality types...serious...no time for anything but..business.I`ve worked with some highly intelligent people, and so if you can deal with the cold environment...the expertise is still their...but the office is resistant to friendly demeanor.Its less than...no bedside manner. But I think that perhaps this is how they prepare themselves for the worst...they may be used to having to deal with very unhappy situations...and somber is the preferred way to greet someone who might be dealing with serious issues... still...never been in that type of office before. Yet, Dr. Albert is HIGHLY recommended by other doctors for his expertise.

|  Excellent high risk specialist  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2011

In response to the previous rating, I totally disagree. I think that Dr Albert and his staff are wonderful. I was passed on to Dr Albert at the start of my 3rd trimester because of diabetes, AMA and other comps. From day 1 I felt that my baby was well taken care of due to Dr Albert's good rapport (he came very highly recommended by another specialist). Throughout my twice weekly visits to his office, Dr Albert always made me feel at ease by cracking jokes and holding conversations with me during my BPP. He made sure I was fully aware of what was happening with my unborn baby, explained in detail what everything was and very patiently answered every question I had. Per the previous rating, yes he DOES shake your hand when he walks in but I find that rather calming - being a Peri, he is well aware that his patients don't have normal pregnancies like most other women, but that we carry additional baggage too - and I find that this handshake adds his human touch - that this is one of the ways that he calms us down and makes us feel that he is there to carry our load and to make sure that everything will be okay with our babies. Dr Albert also recently carried out my amniocentesis and took great care to make light of my stressful situation and had my husband and I so busy laughing that I didn't even realize that the amnio was already done! I find that Dr Albert and his staff - specifically Marci, Keisha and Ashley are extremely knowledgeable in their fields. Dr Albert himself is great - he knows how to put your mind at ease and makes you feel confident that he can make sure that your baby stays healthy, no matter what. He has a very calming effect on his patients and teaches you to look at the brighter side of life no matter how tough your situation is. If you're looking for a doctor with a heart and who loves babies and cares a great deal about his patient's well-being, and whose knowledge about and experience with complicated pregnancies surpasses your expectations, then this is the doctor for you. Today I have a perfectly healthy baby boy because of this wonderful doctor's expertise.

|  Don't Go Here  |  show details
May 10th, 2011

He was creepy, and his staff was rude. I waited forever! I was one of two patient's in the waiting room and it was close to lunch. We heard them laughing in the back and messing around. I was going to tell the doctor but he came in and was not approachable AT ALL. I felt gross just sitting in the office. I'm over 35 and have diabetes and I thought he would discuss that with me but he was in and out and brushed off my questions. It was frustrating because my doctor told me I was high risk and that's why I had to see him but I got nothing out of the visit and the lady messed up the billing on my account. I refused to go back. Definitely ask for a different doctor if you get referred to Dr. Albert.

Apr 17th, 2011

-Long wait each time I've been, but when do you NOT wait at the doctor's office?-Staff and Dr. Albert are not necessarily unfriendly, but very brisk. If you have specific questions, you need to ask. He is more than willing to explain and elaborate, but he won't unless you ask. -Keep in mind, he is a specialist, so he is very knowledgable, but it's his job to be paranoid.

Mar 30th, 2011

I have seen Dr. Albert with both of my pregnancies, each considered high risk for different reasons. Yes, he is dry, but he is never dismissive or condescending. Yes, his nurses aren't the best. But his expertise, is. He's very knowledgeable, and experienced, and I'd trade that over a friendly chat anyday. If you have questions, ask, don't let him get out the door if you have things to discuss. He's always given me pictures if that's what your interested in, but like a previous poster said, he is there to review and diagnose your condition. If he doesn't talk to you during the scan, it's because he's looking at your baby, making sure he doesn't miss anything. I would recommend him any day of the week.

Feb 15th, 2011

I searched the doctors name to find anything before I went for my visit ( I was referred by my doctor) I saw a lot of negative reviews so I was worried. However, I had to reschedule my appointment several times the staff was great. When I arrived I waited only 10 minutes and half of that I was in the restroom. Dr. Albert was great, I was in and out. Very happy with my visit.

|  See Another Specialist  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2011

As if having to go see a fetal specialist wasn't enough, a rushed, not so warm staff and an impersonal doctor only makes the situation worse. First, I had to wait an hour, which I am now used to since I am 6 months pregnant. So, I finally get led to the exam room by the medical assistant who spoke incredibly fast (asking medical history questions), didn't make any eye contact, and made my visit seem cold and routine. So, I go through the routine, sit on the bed, and wait for the doctor. Dr. Albert comes in, briefly says "hi", shakes my hand, and that's the extent of his social amiability. From then on, his medical assistant squirts the sono gel on my belly without even warning me and the doctor spouts out measurements and stats to her that I cant decipher. Thank goodness he found that my condition was fine, but all he does, is say, "You're actually fine, I dont know why there alarm. Here are copies of the sono" and he walks out. The assistant then tells me to come to the front desk, and that's it!!! I couldn't ask ANY questions or get ANY explanations!?!? I was left sitting on the table, half naked, wondering what on earth to think! So, needless to say, I wouldn't recommend him to my worst enemy. Pick someone with more compassion and people skills.

|  See Another Specialist  |  show details
by stargirl80 at Citysearch on Jan 17th, 2011 on citysearch.com

As if having to go see a fetal specialist wasn`t enough, a rushed, not so warm staff and an impersonal doctor only makes the situation worse. First, I had to wait an hour, which I am now used to since I am 6 months pregnant. So, I finally get led to the exam room by the medical assistant who spoke incredibly fast asking medical history questions, didn`t make any eye contact, and made my visit seem cold and routine. So, I go through the routine, sit on the bed, and wait for the doctor. Dr. Albert comes in, briefly says \"hi\", shakes my hand, and that`s the extent of his social amiability. From then on, his medical assistant squirts the sono gel on my belly without even warning me and the doctor spouts out measurements and stats to her that I cant decipher. Thank goodness he found that my condition was fine, but all he does, is say, \"You`re actually fine, I dont know why there alarm. Here are copies of the sono\" and he walks out. The assistant then tells me to come to the front desk, and that`s it!!! I couldn`t ask ANY questions or get ANY explanations!! I was left sitting on the table, half naked, wondering what on earth to think! So, needless to say, I wouldn`t recommend him to my worst enemy. Pick someone with more compassion and people skills.

|  Knowlegeable but Insincere  |  show details
Dec 30th, 2010

Doctor is knowledgeable but very insincere. There is a human element which I think he can improve on. Those that are referred to him are already in a very stressful situation and the last thing you want to hear is somebody who does show you compassion.

|  Considered One of the Best Among Medical Peers  |  show details
Dec 22nd, 2010

Ask any L&D nurse at Presby of Plano and you'll find Dr. Albert to be one of the most highly regarded high-risk docs in the area. He is so incredibly smart and knowledgable that other highly-regarded OBs lean on him for difficult pregnancies. You can tell that he enjoys a challenge. I should know -- he saved my baby's life as well as mine for a complication that statiscally rarely occurs and would have almost always resulted in death for the baby.I find it sorta funny that a previous reviewer says he did not like Dr. Albert because he sighed when she asked for a picture. Given that patients are sent to him only when there are some major complications to the pregnancy, why would you worry about a picture at this critical juncture? As for the wait time, I would rather go to someone whose expertise are so sought after that a longer wait than usual does not bother me in the least.As for his bedside manner, he is downright funny and wicked. He thinks he is David Letterman with his jokes. I got to know him well and he is so caring. His humor is just a way to cheer you up or ease you in what he knows is a difficult time for the patient.I'm taking 5 minutes out of my time to write a review for a man I truly am grateful to have had as a doctor.

|  Unsatisfied  |  show details
by EllieLuv2 on Apr 28th, 2010 on citysearch.com

Waited for and hour in crowded waiting room only to see Dr. Albert for 5 minutes. He was rushed and made me uncomfortable. Then I got a HUGE bill from their office saying insurance denied it. I called insurance and they said my coverage is active and it should be covered. They wouldn`t appeal it until I could provide proof of coverage to them. It was really inconvenient and I don`t want to go back. His staff was rude and uppity.

|  Unsatisfied  |  show details
by Elle on Apr 27th, 2010

My husband and I waited FOREVER in a crowded stale waiting room. When we had our visit the doctor did a sonogram for maybe 9 minutes. The whole time we kept expecting him to tell us what we were looking at and when he stopped the scan we asked if he could take a picture. He sighed and did get one fuzzy profile shot. Then he started telling us all kinds of technical stuff and scared us with statistics that we weren't even worried about prior to the visit. We had all kinds of questions but he referred us to the pamphlet and he was obviously in a rush. Then he said the test results should come back in A WEEK! We left VERY anxious as this is our first child and I had no idea there were so many things that could be wrong! We looked some stuff up online and it scared us even more! When our results came back today the nurse called me and told me they were normal. I wanted to bite her head off for making us worry so much but I bit my tongue and just said "thank you." It's horrible that Dr. Albert got us so worked up over nothing. He really needs to work on his bedside manner. I'm not going to send my friends to him.

|  cost a lot but very unsatisfied  |  show details
by kamal sundaresan on Apr 3rd, 2010

We went to him twice. We had to wait over a hour in a tiny room with full of people. The women took the few available chairs and other had to sit on the floor. Then we were rushed in the doctor looked at the scan for like 10 minutes. told me some scary stuff and looked them up on the internet. The stuff he mentioned occurs on 4 of 10 babies. He then billed the insurance over 650 dollars each time. Though I have one of the best insurance I still had to pay a chunk and I kept getting letters that they are going to send a bill of 40 to collection and instead of making a courtesy phone call and getting over with. One of the worst doctors I had delt with in my life.