Internist, Physician, General Practitioner

1810 White Cir
Ste 105
Marietta, GA 30066
678-797-6820
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  O'Barr Patient for 8 years  |  show details
Jun 4th, 2014

Dr. O'Barr is absolutely THE BEST. His communication skills are unsurpassed, and he knows what he is doing. My husband and I both think he is the best doctor we have ever had. However, Jackie is a bit rude, but Dr O'Barr & the rest of his staff are so wonderful that it doesn't really matter. And Dana his medical assistant is probably the most pleasant person I've ever encountered.

|  excellent  |  show details
by hulya seymour on Nov 25th, 2013

I am his patient for a long time. He is a very nice and knowledgable doctor. He made me quit smoking 6 years ago by explaining the facts very simply.

|  The person who answers the phone is rude  |  show details
by Jess on May 1st, 2013

I am searching for a doctor after relocating to GA. After calling numerous doctors offices someone recommended this Doctor. I was less than impressed with the woman that answered the phone. When I asked questions she acted bothered. To me that is a bad sign. As with any business your staff should do their job well. If you have to answer phones and deal with people you need to have pleasant people and customer service skills. You are not doing me a favor by answering my call rather I am doing you a favor by calling and paying for services that help to pay your salary. Put a smile on your face every time you answer the phone and your demeanor with customers just may start to change. If it does not you should not be working with people. Rating of 1 star reflects on the Dr. I will write another review after I actually get to speak to the Dr.

|  Fantastic Doctor  |  show details
Sep 11th, 2012

I have been seeing doctor O'Barr for 20 years. He is the best. One on One experience every time. He even is willing to discuss things I am not seeing him for at the time. The office staff is great. Jackie Kilgore especially is good. People should come see a doctor who truly cares. Dr. O'Barr does.

|  Health Clinic Environment  |  show details
Aug 27th, 2012

Dr. O'Barr was my PCP for several years. During this time I found him to be courteous during my office visits. His nurse, Marilyn, is also very nice. However, the office staff, particularly Jackie Kilgore, are downright rude. During my last few visits Dr. O'Barr kept ordering test after test after test following the results of a blood test that showed a marginal high level in one category. He would have staff with no professional training call me with the results and state that they showed a potential alarming medical condition. When I asked the staff to have Dr. O'Barr call me to discuss the results and the further testing needed, he refused and said I should get another doctor. I guess if you don't pay the $1,500 he wants his preferred patients to pay, you are treated essentially like a health clinic patient. I am switching back to my previous PCP and would not recommend this practice.

|  Great  |  show details
Jul 25th, 2011

Great doctor... love him to death.. dont understand why people drop the rating of the doctor because of the nurses... dont understand that

|  show details
by Timothy Sullivan on Apr 28th, 2010

Dr. OBarr has been my Dr. for over ten years. I now live over 50 mile away from his office and my family travel to see him for all our Problems with the grest of satisfaction. I am 12 years his Sr. and pray he is around for a long time to take care of me and my family.

|  Wonderful doctor rude nurse  |  show details
by 1GAnative on Sep 24th, 2009 on kudzu.com

Dr. O'Barr takes time with his patients to explain and answering any questions. If it's your annual physical or an illness you'll leave with all your questions answered. Almost all of his staff is very polite and helpful. But the one person you have to deal with to get to Dr O'Barr when you need an appointment or test results is the rudest person I've every had to deal with in a medical office. She argumentative and confrontational. She makes things much more complicated than they need to be. She has no business dealing with people especially sick people.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com
 |  O`Barr is fantastic  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Sep 18th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I`ve had the opportunity not only to work with Dr. O`Barr, but to really see the inner workings of his business and his practice, and I`ve b...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  The best!!!!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Nov 3rd, 2008 on insiderpages.com

My Family have been seen by Dr. O`Barr since the mid 80`s. He is a wonderful doctor and we would travel far and wide to be seen by him and ...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
 |  An Old Fashioned Physician  |  show details
by avidreader on Nov 9th, 2005 on kudzu.com

A friend of mine recommended Dr. O'Barr to me. I had an ongoing problem that had stumped another physician. Dr. O'Barr was able to work me into his schedule and correctly diagnozed me immediately. Since then I've been a big fan of his. Dr. O'Barr always explains your treatment options to you, and gives lots of preventative advice. He doesn't rush you though the process. His medical assistants are also very nice.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com