Orthopaedic Surgeon, Plastic Surgeon, Hand Surgeon

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Best Doc ever  |  show details
May 3rd, 2013

I was surprised by some of the reviews I read. Dr. Stackhouse was professional and charming. I came in with a diagnosis if dupuytren's disease. I appreciated the fact that he was not anxious to do surgery or any other procedure. Just come back in a year to keep an eye on it. Good news all around and nothing to be gained by him. I would certainly recommend the good Dr. to one and all.

|  Unjustified arrogance  |  show details
Aug 17th, 2012

Completely misrepresented his ability to repair injury to finger. Ignored advice of radiologist to put off surgery for a year ("I'm a surgeon, he's just a radiologist"). Failed to achieve any significant repair to finger and possible nerve damage suggested by radiologist occurred as result of surgery. Stackhouse was not interested in discussing results, said it should get better in a few months. Finger is worse than when I went to Stackhouse.

|  show details
May 29th, 2012

Great bedside manner! I had surgery on my "carpal tunnel syndrome' and "trigger finger". I felt there was something wrong with the trigger finger surgery so I made an appointment. Dr. Stackhouse looked at my hand and said "everything looks great" and went for the door. He turned back as he was exiting and asked "anything else?". I said I guess not. The time I spent with Dr Stackhouse was less than 15 seconds. I now have a large lump of scar tissue in the middle of my hand. My dominant hand I might add. I felt like I was bothering Dr Stackhouse. I guess his time is worth more than mine. Well, come to think of it....my surgery was over and that's where the money is so I guess I was. As to the surgery, I felt like I was on a conveyor belt of some assembly line. Just a number, not a human being. If you go, you'll see!!!

|  Very poor bed-side manner  |  show details
Jul 29th, 2011

Perhaps the review prior to mine was written by Dr. Stackhouse himself. He was very condescending. Once he found out that I also have RSD, he downplayed my condition. He said that I only had tendonitis and gave no recommendations for what I can do for it. I asked about my EMG results that showed results that showed that I have nerve damage, He said, "Look you just have too complicated of a medical history and are just not a candidate for surgery." Simple tendonitis huh? He should have been honest from the beginning. I would have respected that more. I started crying out of frustration of how debilitating this was making my life and he snapped at me.