Dr. Thomas Stackhouse Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Thomas Stackhouse?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

March 2nd, 2016

Dr. Stackhouse exemplifies his mastery of surgical expertise via the successful outcomes. He personifies patient care via his dedication to the overall patient’s health condition whereas some others have a siloed and myopic view assuming that yet another physician will somehow clairvoyantly pick up on nuances they had not witnessed and address them in a timely manner. He inspires overall professionalism by motivating both the patient and his team to want to do the best for an optimal outcome. It is an art of inspiration to have a team strive to achieve his high levels of expected excellence while he is very down to earth and approachable as well. Others may manage by superior position, title, and degree which are important and have their place; however those who rely on such alone and may intimidate others, then do not have a team who strive to do the best when he is not there or not looking. A sought after leader is one who is followed and whose standards are upheld when no one is watching! I want a physician / surgeon who is not only excellent in his/her own regard, but who also has a team equally motivated and upon whom the physician/surgeon and patient can rely on as the one physician / surgeon cannot answer all the calls, do all of the paperwork, in addition to examine the patients and do the surgeries. Medical schools should do a case study on Dr. Stackhouse as “what should be done” and have some else there to point out “how he does it” as he is so subtle to elicit maximum patient input or response to determine the most accurate diagnosis and treatment plan, that the untrained eye of a young medical professional would not realize the art unfolding before them. I’ve worked in a variety of medical capacities in hands-on clinical roles and in administrative positons in addition to decades in business in large corporations. Thus, I can fully appreciate not only medical excellence, but also inspirational leadership, dedication and compassion which traverse all industries or professions

May 11th, 2015

The first visit I had with him, I was not impressed. Not that his diagnosis wasn't correct, but he thinks very highly of himself, and has no problem conveying that. Very arrogant and just walks out after the examination without even ending the visit. Once the nurse came in, I realized I was finished. Second visit, I waited and hour and half in waiting room before my name wAs called. He was a little less arrogant on this visit, but quite frankly, I would not recommend him to anyone. He comes across as very arrogant and rude.

May 3rd, 2013

Best Doc ever

I was surprised by some of the reviews I read. Dr. Stackhouse was professional and charming. I came in with a diagnosis if dupuytren's disease. I appreciated the fact that he was not anxious to do surgery or any other procedure. Just come back in a year to keep an eye on it. Good news all around and nothing to be gained by him. I would certainly recommend the good Dr. to one and all.

August 17th, 2012

Unjustified arrogance

Completely misrepresented his ability to repair injury to finger. Ignored advice of radiologist to put off surgery for a year ("I'm a surgeon, he's just a radiologist"). Failed to achieve any significant repair to finger and possible nerve damage suggested by radiologist occurred as result of surgery. Stackhouse was not interested in discussing results, said it should get better in a few months. Finger is worse than when I went to Stackhouse.

May 30th, 2012

Great bedside manner! I had surgery on my "carpal tunnel syndrome' and "trigger finger". I felt there was something wrong with the trigger finger surgery so I made an appointment. Dr. Stackhouse looked at my hand and said "everything looks great" and went for the door. He turned back as he was exiting and asked "anything else?". I said I guess not. The time I spent with Dr Stackhouse was less than 15 seconds. I now have a large lump of scar tissue in the middle of my hand. My dominant hand I might add. I felt like I was bothering Dr Stackhouse. I guess his time is worth more than mine. Well, come to think of it....my surgery was over and that's where the money is so I guess I was. As to the surgery, I felt like I was on a conveyor belt of some assembly line. Just a number, not a human being. If you go, you'll see!!!

July 29th, 2011

Very poor bed-side manner

Perhaps the review prior to mine was written by Dr. Stackhouse himself. He was very condescending. Once he found out that I also have RSD, he downplayed my condition. He said that I only had tendonitis and gave no recommendations for what I can do for it. I asked about my EMG results that showed results that showed that I have nerve damage, He said, "Look you just have too complicated of a medical history and are just not a candidate for surgery." Simple tendonitis huh? He should have been honest from the beginning. I would have respected that more. I started crying out of frustration of how debilitating this was making my life and he snapped at me.

November 8th, 2016