Waste of time! show details Waste of time!
by Micheal on Mar 2nd, 2015

What a joke!!!! They schedule me 3 months out for a new patient, then call me the day before my apt just to say the Dr won't be in the office and try to move it another full month back. So, they want me to wait 4 months (if they don't reschedule again) just for me to see him. I'm now going to lose a full day of work for nothing!!!!!!

Made me more depressed show details Made me more depressed
Mar 21st, 2013

All he did was listen for about 30 mins, prescribed depression med and took my money. Waste of my time...waste of my money.... Had to go to another Dr to get on the right medication. Dr Lucas didn't even follow up to see how I was feeling after he treated me. He's a joke!

Extremely Frustrated show details Extremely Frustrated
Feb 27th, 2013

My son went to Dr. Lucas and all he did was talk to him for a short time and then put him on Xanax. (6 month supply) I called and notified the Dr by certified mail of serious concerns for my son (26 yrs old) since he was initially evaluated. (sleeps alot, withdrawn from society, rages, loss of memory, etc..). I requested/pleaded he not refill his prescription until he re-evaluated him. My request and concerns were ignored. He allowed the refills without another evaluation. Therefore, it tells me he doesn't care about the patient.... it's all about the money. DO NOT send your loved one to Dr. Thomas Lucas.

Best Doctor I've Had show details Best Doctor I've Had
Jan 29th, 2012

Helps with my anxieties and depression. Lucas spends the time needed for me not him and is really helpfull with ideas in bettering my thoughts and actions. Makes it easier to live with myself.

Experienced and Professional show details Experienced and Professional
Jan 31st, 2011

After visist with other doctors, Dr. Lucas is a professional, caring, experienced diagnostician. I would highly recommend Dr. Lucas to those looking for a psychiatrist.

Jan 13th, 2011

Dr. Lucas is very easy to communicate with. He tries to make the visit as comfortable as possible. It seems more like a conversation instead of a medical evaluation.

Sep 17th, 2010

dr lucas is a wonderful doctor. i've been seeing him for two years.

Not even oridinary care from this doctor show details Not even oridinary care from this doctor
May 5th, 2009

I was referred to this doctor by a neurol psychologist to provide medication prescribing/monitoring for depression due to life altering injuries including memory loss due to a brain injury from a motor vehicle accident. This doctor prescribed what other doctors called an "elephants dosage" of several medications--which need to be monitored closely because of the side effects. He spent 10 minutes with me once every few months...this is not closely monitoring medications. When problems were brought to his attention, he would just up the dosages of medication--instead of checking for side affects and/or realizing the "new" symptoms were caused by the enormous doses he was prescribing and the combination of medications. His attitude after a while became so infuriating, I stopped seeing him, which is when I found out why my life was spiraling out of control--"elephants dose of 3 medications."After seeing him a few times on an emergency basis--due to this side affects, which he interpreted as symptoms, I was neve provided with any additional resources or help--since in his opinion my condition had seriously worsened. While he seems like a very nice, person, his attitude and lack of attention to his patients is just unacceptable in terms of what is considered "normal care" for a health care provider.