Dr. Timothy Highley DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

January 5th, 2017
Dr. Timothy Highly and his PA Jeremy are two of the finest Derm Docs you can see in our area!
Dr. Timothy Highly and his PA Jeremy are two of the finest Derm Docs you can see in our area. I am a 50 yr. old female and I have suffered immensely since my early youth with PSORIASIS. I have been hospitalized at least 3 times over the past 40 years with PSORIASIS almost completely covering my entire body. It has since developed into psoriatic arthritis and because of this disease I have had minimal quality of life for most my life. I have seen more doctors than I can remember because of a devastating skin disease. This is the first time I have ever felt compelled to write a review on a dermatologist. Here are just a few reasons why I feel this dermatology practice in Hendersonville NC deserves not only a 5 star rating but additionally merits a written review. 1. Dr Highly is a truly serious skin Doctor. The doctor treatsreal skin diseases. Melanoma, Psoriasis and every other disease associated with our body's biggest organ... our skin! This is the first Derm Doc I have seen that does NOT supplement his practice with beautifying procedures like botox, etc, He is only interested in healing/helping patients with true skin diseases. 2. Dr. Timothy Highly is tuned in to ALL possibilities and avenues for the potential healing of skin diseases. This means he has an open mind and takes in the big picture when treating the disease to include nutrition, mind & body balance, de-stressing, lifestyle and a plethora of other complementary treatments that are conducive to the healing or at least minimization of your skin disease and it;s accompanying symptoms. He is by no means a holistic doc, but I like that he is not a western medicine hard-liner either, for lack of a better term. I have seen too many docs over the years that never once spoke about the benefits of nutrition, supplements, etc. that have been PROVEN TO HELP MY SKIN DISEASE. How can that be considered doing right by your patient? These days any internet search regarding skin diseases will load thousands of articles including studies with proven hard data that show nutrition/lifestyle choices can help or hinder the progress of your disease. Dr. Highly stays on top of the latest medical data and passes on the information as it applies to your condition. 3. Dr. Highly and his team walk the walk! How do I know this? In his waiting room are piles and piles of the best reading material about skin diseases, nutrition, lifestyle, coping, what to do to better your odds of improvement and the list goes on. The Doc is a professional relationship builder. He does NOT rush during your appt time with him. He asks questions and here's the best part... HE LISTENS when you speak. He takes copious notes as do his assistants notating all pertinent info. This should be mandatory SOP but most docs do not do this. How can you fill a need if you do not know or understand the patient's needs? He does not take a one size fits all approach to medicine. He thoroughly gathers your information, assesses your disease/condition and THEN presents you with a comprehensive treatment plan tailored to meet your individual needs. All doctors should be this involved and INTERESTED IN YOU in order to truly help their patients. 4. Lastly, I want to let you know that if you are suffering, have experienced inadequacies with previous derm docs, (no improvement, does not listen, shows little or no compassion, has a general apathy while in your presence, etc.), then make an appt to see Dr. Timothy Highly or his Physicians Assistant PA Jeremy, who is equally qualified and fits the above description identically, (birds of a feather) as it just might change your life for the better. I know it has for me. Thank you Dr. Highley and Staff for giving me back some quality of life that I have so desperately needed for many decades. God Bless you all! Respectfully, Laurie Buchanan-Coates, Alexander, N.C.

June 20th, 2016
Evaluation of Dr. Highley and his office Staff
Excellent Dermatologist; Always kind and considerate; Very kind office Staff

May 17th, 2016
EXCELLENT DOCTOR,GREAT BEDSIDE MANNER.I COME FROM N.Y. JUST TO SEE HIM.

March 14th, 2016
This man is awesome! Dr Highley took care of my skin cancer problems with my insurance but there remarkable thing is he took care of my mother who has no insurance and he did it at a substantial discount because she doesn't have much money and is a senior. Thank Dr. Highley!

May 1st, 2015
Dr. Timothy Highly is the most efficient, proficient, and caring dermatologist in WNC, by far.

June 14th, 2013
Excellent Dr. And staff.Not only good at their jobs but a personality that you don't often find with Doctors.I recommend them to everyone.

August 17th, 2012
Excellent
Overall, Dr. Highley is one of the best physicians I have seen. He is easy to speak with, explains both his diagnosis and the treatment options, gives me his recommended option in a straightforward manner, and doesn't talk down to me.I recommend him without reservation.

November 11th, 2010
curtious office staff, great physician

April 1st, 2010
Freindly, intelligent, physycian and timely