Overall Review

2.7

August 1st, 2016
Impatient, unwelcoming, rude
Rude and disrespectful, she yelled at me and refused to treat me due to a misunderstanding SHE had about my reason for being there and was very impatient. Her attitude was nasty and I do understand that everyone has a bad day but the way i was treated was unexcepptable coming from a doctor in practice for this long. And to that comment on that nonsense about " the younger generation won't understand " when you become a family doctor you're a doctor to ALL age groups not to those only over 50 so treat ALL of your patients with care and decency!! And as I see someone else commented that they did not receive their co pay back either. I love small owned private businesses and would support anyone willing to take that risk but you have to treat your patients right from the ones that have been coming to you for 20 years to the fresh faces that walk through your door for the first time daily.

February 22nd, 2016
A terrific doctor!
Dr. George has been our family physician for nearly thirty years. She is an excellent diagnostician and prescriber. Dr. George spends ample time answering questions, has a droll sense of humor, and treats patients with dignity and respect. My children live on the opposite coast from me. My biggest concern in old age is having to move near them and not have Dr George care for me! She is an old fashioned doctor with 21st. C skills who puts patient care above all else.

February 19th, 2016
She is a liar or a fake
I went to her yesterday for the first time because my insurance changed and my wonderful doctor (Dr. Giantinoto) does not accept my new plan. My insurance company recommended her because she is 2 minutes away from me. I walked in and when I went in the room, as someone said in a review below, they made me put a gown on without knowing the reason for my being there. I tell the nice nurse that I needed to fill my ADD medication. She went a grabbed the doctor. Dr. George comes in (not dressed in doctor attire) and tells me she does not have the credentials or authority to fill my script. I explain I had proof on me that it was something I have been taking for years thinking she may have thought I was trying to scam her into giving me meds that people try to get for fun. She tells me again that no she cannot. This made no sense to me, as I have always gotten this medication through general physicians and pediatricians and even a Gastroenterologist. She told me I cannot just walk into a new doctor and ask for meds like this. I again told her my insurance changed and she was the doctor closest to me that my insurance was accepted by. I told her I had no other option. She told me to go to seek a psychiatrist. I told her I was out of medication and needed it promptly. She told me to go to the hospital. I was not about to do that. All they did was check my blood pressure. She told me to calm down and get dressed (as I was not staying). She left the door wide open. I said "It would be nice if maybe you shut the door while I change?" She shuts it without saying a word. She took my copay before I even got to the room so when I left I asked for the money back seeing as they did nothing. She said no. She said "We still provided a service". I was livid. I then called every urgent care facility that would give me this script. I went to Stat Health in Hicksville. I explained the whole situation, and the doctor quickly looked up my medical history and saw that I in fact do take that medication. He was kind enough to give me a weeks worth until I find a new doctor. If a clinic can give me this script then why the f*ck couldn't she? It made no sense. In my opinion she must be lacking a certain certificate which is not very comforting to know, or she didn't want to waste her time with me. She was not nice. She blew me off like I was a drug addict looking for recreational pills. She is awful. I would give 0 stars if I could.

February 17th, 2016
I am a patient of Dr George for the past 20 years my 1st and only physician. She is an experienced Dr her experience goes way beyond the life span of some patients who are entitled to their opinion. Nevertheless the younger generation don't understand her approach. To know her would be best explained by her patients 50 years onwards who r not so internet savvy. Just to let people know I was aware of a patient who completed 100 years last year and kicking. She is compassionate her quick wit and no nonsense attitude can be misconstrued. She cares about her patients health and wellbeing. I have recommended people and willing to travel the distance from Other Burroughs.

May 20th, 2014
great doctor
my wife and i have been seeing dr george for 15 years.she has not only been a doctor to me but has seen me thru two bouts of cancer and always has the ability to calm me and keep things in perspective will always be my primary doctor thank you dr george

May 8th, 2014
Pleasant visit at Dr. Usha George's office!
Greeted by friendly staff and checked in within minutes of arriving . My vitals were taken and Doctor came into the room. I was comfortable talking to her, she answered all my questions and showed genuine concern. I would definitely recommend her to family and friends!

December 19th, 2013
Dr. George is a friend as well as a physician. She takes a real interest in your physical and emotional wellbeing. She has been my Doctor since she walked up to a group of PA's and interns who were using my arms as pincushions trying to start an IV. Dr. George shooed them aside and placed the IV in less than 2 seconds and without pain. I asked her right there to be my GP. That's more than 30 years ago and she has not changed in her efficiency and professionalism. I used to drive 10 minutes to get to her office and now that I've moved farther away I still will drive 25 minutes to see her. She is the best.

December 10th, 2013
Dr. George has been my primary care physician for nearly 15 years. She is diligent and dedicated, as well as very thorough. At the same time she has an abundance of common sense and pragmatism. In short, I trust her judgment as well as her skill

December 10th, 2013
I have been a patient of Dr. George for more than 10 years and find her to always be very caring, compassionate and always very knowledgeable. I would highly recommend her to anyone seeking a truly caring and professional primary care physician.

August 2nd, 2013
Patient
Been a pt for a long time. She will be my doctor as long as I am around

July 19th, 2013
WHY CAN'T I GIVE 0 STARS
UNCARING, UNPROFESSIONAL, UNKNOWLEDGABLE, RUDE PATHETIC EXCUSE FOR A MEDICAL DOCTOR. SHE HAS NO BUSINESS BEING A DOCTOR AND HAS NO ETHICS OR MORALS. I HAD TO WAIT ALMOST 1.5 HOURS TO BE SEEN FOR 2 MINUTES AND TREATED LIKE I WAS WASTING HER TIME, I LEFT THERE WITH NOTHING BUT THE SAME SYMPTOMS I CAME WITH!! THE STAFF HAS NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE DOING AND THEY ARE VERY UNORGANIZED. THE OFFICE IS DIRTY AND HAS A VERY FOUL ODOR. THE NYS DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH SHOULD SHUT THEM DOWN. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND DONY WASTE YOUR TIME OR COPAY, YOU WILL BE DISAPPOINTED AND REGRET IT!!!

July 16th, 2013
My doc
Doc has been taking care of me for years. Read some reviews and feel that people are unrealistic I will recommend her to anyone who needs upfront and honest opinion.