A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Uwe Pontius:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Uwe Pontius is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Uwe Pontius, MD is board certified in Orthopaedic Surgery.
- He has special expertise in 4 areas:
- Arthroscopic Surgery (Arthroscopy)
- Hip Osteoarthritis
- Knee Osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis (Hand and Wrist)
Education & Awards
Dr. Pontius graduated from Tulane University, New Orleans. He has 2 awards.
Dr. Pontius has 14 hospital affiliations:
- St Luke's Baptist Hospital
- Methodist Hospital
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Pontius accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 15 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 1 plan
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 4 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Community First Health Plans - 2 plans
- Humana - 15 plans
- Cigna - 8 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 3 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Uwe R. Pontius practice?
Dr. Uwe Pontius practices Orthopaedic Surgery, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Sports Medicine, and Sports Medicine near San Antonio, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Hondo, TX.
See San Antonio Surgeons, San Antonio Physiatrists, San Antonio Family Physicians, and San Antonio Sports Medicine Doctors.