Dr. Valerie Acevedo DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

June 30th, 2015
Patient
Very sweet and knowledgeable. She was able to help me with terrible headaches after so many others failed. I called her often to speak about my severe ailments and she never hurried me off the phone. Can't thank her enough!

September 11th, 2014
She eased my mind by running test and taking time to talk to my husband and I. She is a great doctor

July 12th, 2014
Terrible Experience
Terrible doctor and person. There was a mix up with my billing and she verbally attacked me over the phone. Even in our appointment prior to the billing incident she complained about obama care and how she wasn't getting paid enough. Very unprofessional and highly emotional calling me stupid over the phone. I have a military insurance that they said they would take and then later told me they would not take it. she said it was my responsibility to verify with my insurance that she takes it. And it was clear this was not her first billing mix up. I am literally shocked at her behavior.

May 13th, 2014
It is impossible to get a follow up, a call back , test results or anyone to answer the phone. I'm wondering if they have closed the office.

April 25th, 2014
I really like Dr. Acevedo. She is very kind, caring, and listens to her patients.

March 14th, 2014
First experiences
I have had very good experiences with Dr Valerie as I went thru a long diagnosis. Then moved thru a month of drug remediation decisions. Dr Valerie took a significant amount of time to work thru the discussions. Her integration with my family was patient and with long discussions on how to plan our future as a family. She really owned the "whole picture" from career to disability accomodation. All of this is important when it comes to serious health conditions. She has accomodated our schedules (early evenings) so that my husband and I could be together thru discussions. I would add that her office is new, and she could use some staffing support for paperwork and invoice execution/tracking. As I became her patient, she did give me an emergency number in case I could not reach her at the office. Followups were often scheduled with each appointment I attended, or made thru her support at the front desk. Much of the medication I needed is exorbanent in price and she is more than willing to fight the insurance co, pharmacutical co's to the good of her patients outcome. Today not many would empower that support critical to our long term outcomes. For that dedication, Dr Acevedo is my doctor and I'm happy to have her. Lastly, unlike the other comments made, as a patient I'm empowered to communicate, schedule appointments and be persistant. When you see this doctor make sure you have the multiple phone numbers to reach her when needed, and then don't abuse the privelidge.

November 7th, 2012
I will not recommend Dr. Acevedo to anyone. I had left multiple messages regarding a medication she had perscribed and was having reactions to she never returned my phone calls.

August 20th, 2012
Needs staff and some follow up
Better follow up for the physician and the staff is really non- existent. Seems like could be ok doctor, but needs patient needs to be on top of everything for themselves.

September 15th, 2011
DISAPPOINTING EXPERIENCE
The husband, the only office staff is unprofessional.The Doctor lacks courage to make decisions. Takes three days to call backHad to get an other doctor to help us.Terrible experience!

March 30th, 2011