3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Terrible practice, Terrible service show details Terrible practice, Terrible service
by Unhappy Patient on Apr 29th, 2015

Dr. Allen is average, however this practice has a group of rude, not helpful and very condescending staff. I have called their office to schedule appointments and consult with minor issues only to be ignored, not called back, and they even cancelled an appointment less than 24 hours before I showed up. Find another practice, that's what I did and I'm very happy about the change.

Great Doctor! show details Great Doctor!
Feb 12th, 2015

I went to Dr.Allen for the first time today. I was worried at first due to some reviews I had read, but after meeting Dr.Allen I soon found they were all wrong. She is friendly, talkative and engages in conversation with you. She is interested in your needs and problems. Her office staff is very friendly, and the office is clean and neat. Although this visit was only for an annual pap, I look forward to visiting her office and having Dr. Allen as my OBGYN when I decide to have children.

On call services are AWFUL show details On call services are AWFUL
Nov 5th, 2013

I am pregnant considered high risk had an issue late at night called the on call number dr Allen called back was explaining to Her what was going on instead if her being concerned she wants to question me why my dr isn't doing certain things. She needs to be more caring, compassionate, and act like she cares for patients. I am now questioning my obgyn. Which is in the same office. Would not recommend her AT ALL

Not Happy! show details Not Happy!
Apr 23rd, 2013

I was new to the area and found Dr. Allen online. I was due for my yearly checkup and I was having a specific issue with one of my breasts. She checked that breast but never even checked the other one. Also, she never addressed other issues that I had filled out on my paperwork. Overall, I was not happy and will be looking for another doctor next year!

I think she's excellent. show details I think she's excellent.
Nov 11th, 2011

I, too, am very surprised at the negative comments on this site. I previously had an unpleasant experience with an office staff member at an OBGYN office in Denton, so I switched to Dr. Allen in Lewisville. For my second pregnancy. Dr. Allen is very to the point and very friendly. I tend to be a very verbose person and a bit of a worrywart. She has always listened and has always told me what I needed to hear. I believe a good doctor tells you what you need to hear, whether you like what you're hearing or not. She's very knowledgeable about what she does, and she doesn't try to push prescriptions on you. I feel she does care about her patients and what she does. When I had my baby, there were some complications, but Dr. Allen was the epitome of calm and confidence. Her mere presence made me feel much better and the delivery turned out just fine. I'm very grateful to her and the Lewisville hospital nurses. Dr. Allen is a busy doctor, so she may be brief at times, but she will always take the amount of time that is necessary during your appointment. Thank you Dr. Allen I WILL CONTINUE TO GO TO YOU. :)

We are not all the same show details We are not all the same
May 5th, 2011

Dr Allen has been my doctor for only a few yrs. She is straight forward and to the point and i agree with "completely confused" when a doctor is inspecting you in the area she specializes in, you really dont need the small talk that could distract from anything that could be important. I like the in and out visits.

Completely confused show details Completely confused
Feb 14th, 2011

I was very surprised at the ratings received by this doctor. I have been going to Dr Allen for 4 yrs for my annual wellness visits and have no children. I was referred by my sister, whos children were delivered by Dr Allen, and i lover her. She is very to the point, can see a problem and diagnose it on the spot; and the 2 times that i have been diagnosed with something she hit it on the nose. She is straight to the point and thats what i love about her, beating around the bush (no punn intended) is what is needed especailly when dealing with the areas that we go to see her about. If we, as grown women, really need someone to stroke our head or hold our hand because we need that much nurturing tells me that we are not as grown as we act to be.

Told me about her vacation and hurt me during exam show details Told me about her vacation and hurt me during exam
Nov 15th, 2010

I saw this doc once for an annual exam after moving to town. She was hands down the worst gyno I've ever seen. She hurt me during the exam and when I complained she continued and told me that it hurt because I had an infection. I'm over 40 and I had no symtoms of infection before the exam and even in the past when I did have an infection no gynecologist ever hurt me during exam. I wanted to discuss some perimenopause symtoms as a part of my visit and she just told me to exercise (I'm fit, eat well and my BMI is good). She talked in detail about her recent beach vacation during this conversation rather than focusing on any of my concerns. I'm a reasonable person and I expect reasonable behavior from my physicians. Luckily I'm healthy if you have any serious concerns or you even have minor ones don't see this woman. Also, if you want a pelvic exam that is gentle or at least not rough and painful don't see this woman.

Surprised at reviews. show details Surprised at reviews.
by Twinmama on Jun 3rd, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Allen for 9 years now. She delivered my daugther and twin boys. She is wonderful. And, who said you can't switch from one doctor to another? Every time I come in, she remembers the name of my kids. She is caring, and wonderful. And, she is to the point. I love going there for check ups every year.

Misdiagnosed show details Misdiagnosed
Mar 15th, 2010

I first met Dr. Allen when I had stopped menstruating. She seemed very well knowledgeable and explained I had PCOS. She put me on Progesterone and then Clomid as I was trying to have a child. I was NEVER monitored on Clomid except the first month to see if I was ovulating. The second month I returned to her office with EXTREME pain. I am nervous about doctors and wont go unless it is a HUGE problem. She spent less then 5 minutes with me and said if you want to have a child you will have to deal with it! When I got to my car I was in tears! I went back 2 months later again with horrible pain. She had no clue who I was and said I had been on Clomid for 4 months so she couldn't do anything for me and that I should see a Specialist. She also said if I wanted they could do a sonogram to see what was going on. They don't have a sonogram machine at their Flowermound office so she sent me to Lewisville. I had thought I was getting one done 2 days later then realized they had scheduled me for 2 weeks out. This would be fine if I wasn't in SEVERE pain! I called back and asked if anyone in their practice could see me sooner. I was told "No no we don't do that. We don't switch between doctors." I politely hung up and lost it. My friend gave me the name of her Doctor who saw me the next day, performed a sonogram and found a HUGE 10cm Endometrioma cyst taking over my left side and back side. I'm still confused how she missed this and why I never had a sonogram when I went in with issues in the beginning. Please don't waste your time!

Uncaring show details Uncaring
Dec 22nd, 2009

I had been going to Dr. Allen for years for my annual check ups. Until one day she found some type of abnormal infection, she took a few tests told me to get dressed and she would be back. When she came back she gave me an Rx, gave me my chart and told me to go up front to pay my co-pay. As I began to ask questions on what is this, what causes this, how can I prevent this, etc she continued to walk away. I was still trying to ask her these questions as she walked to her office and shut the door in my face. Needless to say I changed my doctor the next day. I was also upset because she went through her normal questions "Make sure you get enough exercise, blah blah blah"... I can't fathom why she was telling me this since I lost over 15lbs since I last saw her!!! Take a look at my chart before you go off calling me fat, she's the one who looked like she put on a few extra pounds since I last saw her!

Felt like just a number show details Felt like just a number
Aug 3rd, 2009

I'd gone to Dr. Allen for several years for annual well woman exams. Each year it was difficult to get an appt, and I felt as though as I wasn't a priority patient because I wasn't pregnant. Each of my last 2 visits lasted less than 15 minutes with her, and were very abrupt and "assembly-line ish". She didn't truly listen to what me but instead just went through the motions of conversation without any comprehension. I decided I needed to find someone else that would at least pretend to care.

Mar 10th, 2009

Front office staff and phone receptionist very rude and uncaring. Smart mouth with patients calling.

Horrible, uncaring doctor show details Horrible, uncaring doctor
Sep 24th, 2008

I was referred to Dr. Allen by a friend who had her during her first pregnancy. I went to her as I was looking to have a child as well. Everything was ok until I had a miscarriage during my first pregnancy. At that point it was like Dr. Allen thought, "well, too bad, we don't care about her anymore." I was freaking out and just wanted a doctor to talk to me about what was going on and what to do and what to expect. I couldn't even get an appointment until three days later. Then Dr. Allen wouldn't even see me, all they did was draw blood and say we will call you later. I was still freaking out and nobody would talk to me. Dr. Allen finally called two days later and said, "yes, you were pregnant. Yes, you had a miscarriage. Please come back in a week to take more blood and we will see if you need a DNC. Thank you." She still wouldn't see me and didn't really talk me. Needless to say I have chosen a new doctor, although I haven't been to her yet. I still am very upset and have so many questions that nobody would let me ask. After I told my friend about this, she did say that Dr. Allen seemed kind of aloof, but that since she didn't have any problems it must not have mattered. So if you think your pregnancy will go 100% fine and you will not need any doctor intervention or advice, maybe Dr. Allen is ok for you. But if you worry about miscarrying or having a doctor that at least appears to care, Dr. Allen is definitely not for you. Maybe she has been a doctor too long and just doesn't want to get involved with her patients anymore. That doesn't work when you are dealing with women who might miscarry their children and then want a little help with it.