Some ratings provided by Doctor.com.
Knee problem show details Knee problem
by Abbas on Nov 23rd, 2015

He is great, lessons carefully with a big smile and then explains everything to me in a simple language not like some doctors who think they are talking with doctors not normal people :P I visited then another doctor as a second opinion and he confirmed what Dr. Alani said

GET SECOND OPINION show details GET SECOND OPINION
Mar 31st, 2015

Dr. Alani did minimal amount of review on my knee and was hurried. In a matter of seconds was already talking about surgery without options. His assumption was totally incorrect and only because of how abruptly he brought up the need for surgery was I questioning his diagnosis. I got second opinion and had totally different procedure reviewing my knee with lots of attention and testing of movement. I was advised absolutely NOT a candidate for surgery.

A very good docutor but getting appointment is difficult show details A very good docutor but getting appointment is difficult
by G. Basu on Dec 23rd, 2013

A very good Orthopedic surgeon and Doctor- operated upon my mother's both arms after she had fractured them in two separate occasions. Both the surgeries were major but there were no complications whatsoever since she was operated (13 years ago). The issues I face with his office is getting an appointment for check ups- I have a tennis elbow problem and my right arm pains- when asking for appointment I was told to come after a week. The reception staff whoever picks up the phones are insensitive- not even ready to listen the problem the consultation is sought for. Result- either I have to go to emergency room or look for another doctor, reluctantly. Summary- a very good doctor with unprofessional and insensitive staff in front office.

shoulder pain show details shoulder pain
May 26th, 2013

i saw dr alani for my shoulder and he did a cortisone shot with excellent results. The previous review is not true at all. He explained everything to me and did not recommend surge, Look at the other reviews. I hate to read things that are not true about a great doctor.

Aug 14th, 2012

I had been a patient of Dr. Alani for about 15 years whenever I needed a specialist and I had no complaints about him. However, from 2006 to 2010 he operated on my hands, one wrist, both Achilles, one ankle and one knee 3 different times. I now know that at least 2 of these could have been lessened by proper treatment. Most people go to him for one reason and don't have a problem. I kept having to go back and eventually a prominent member of his staff who seems to run everything was inexcusably rude, disrespectful and lied to me on several occasions. No doctor should allow this to happen. I would never go back to him. I have since seen doctors whom I can trust and their staff members are friendly, courteous and helpful. There are too many good doctors in Houston for a patient to have to put up with this treatment.

Warning: get a second opinion every time show details Warning: get a second opinion every time
Jul 27th, 2012

I had shoulder pain when I went to see Dr. Alani first. He said that a bone spur was tearing up the ligament and that soon I would have a frozen shoulder unless he operated on it. So I went to another orthopedist to get a second opinion. This doctor said, no surgery necessary, the bone spur is probably not at fault and PT would take care of the problem. He was right -- the shoulder got better by conservative treatment.Later I had pain in my other shoulder and went to see Dr. Alani again. He told me... the exact same thing, including the bit about the bone spur, in the same words. And again I went to see someone else and he told me there's no need for immediate surgery. Dr. Alani even refused to give me a cortisone shot to relieve my pain, which the other dr did right away.I hate to think that I might have gone under the knife for no reason other than filling Dr. Alani's pocket if I didn't think of seeking a second opinion. People -- when Dr. Alani recommends surgery to you, please be smart and see someone else to confirm. I wonder if anybody has ever sued this guy for malpractice, what he does is so brazen and wrong. Please, PLEASE get a second opinion before trusting him to cut you up! I am glad I did.

john show details john
Mar 28th, 2012

This is the best Doctor I have been to. He was excellent and explained everything about hip replacement in detail. I had the surgery and can do everything I want! Thanks Doc

Oct 18th, 2011

The staff was very good. Dr Alani fixed my fractured wrist and I have full function back. Thanks so much!

Verilast hip replacement show details Verilast hip replacement
Sep 27th, 2011

From going to so many consultations, I discovered that not many surgeons offer the verilast, it lasts longer than most hip replacements and causes less friction with existing bones. Dr. Alani and his staff took care of my needs and were all very caring. I feel like I took a total 360 in my condition. I'm taking it day by day but so far, they have all been good one. No more hip pain just getting useed to the good days now!

slt show details slt
Aug 29th, 2011

this is a very good doctor that fixed my tennis elbow with a simple out patient procedure. I had almost no rehab and feel 100%.

John l show details John l
Aug 29th, 2011

I had the platelet injection by Dr Alani and it worked great. I avoided a total hip replacement thanks to Dr Alani! He's great!

Aug 29th, 2011

excellent office staff and doctor He fixed my ankle perfectly!

Cramp free wrist once again show details Cramp free wrist once again
Jul 23rd, 2011

I injured my wrist during a competitive skating tournament last year. I saw another surgeon that year and to save him embarressment, I will not mention his name. I never fully recovered from that surgery and always felt I could physically be in a better place if I saw someone else,it was a complete distaster to say the least. During an event ( Due to the bad surgery I had to sit in the sidelines) I was talking to an ex traniner and he had told me to check out Dr. Alani (he said Alani was the best in Sugarland), so I made an appointment the next day. Turns out he was right! Dr. Alani did a fantastic job on my second surgery, I wish I knew about him when I had to find a surgeon the first time. I feel a BIG difference, I have more flexablility in my wrist and don't have to worry about the cramping or stiffing up during cold weather anymore.

Bill m show details Bill m
Jun 21st, 2011

I had the minimally invasive hip done and feel great. Can walk as far as I want without the pain I had before. thanks doc!

Positive ankle surgery experience show details Positive ankle surgery experience
by Anonymous on May 26th, 2011 on doctorsdig.com

I have had many ankle injuries from playing football and running track in high school and college, so it was no surprise to me that the pain would wor ...

Read Full Review at doctorsdig.com
May 7th, 2011

Great bedside manner. Had a bad broken leg and he fixed it perfectly!

No more knee pain show details No more knee pain
Apr 21st, 2011

My knee pain was growing worse and there was no denying it any longer, I need medical attention. I was trying to avoid surgery all together but realized I was missing out in life due to the increased pain. I was refered to Dr. Alani by a friend and made an appointment. He diagnosed me correctly and performed orthopedic knee surgery the following week. He responded to my calls during recovery and was helpful. A month after recovery, I am now enjoying my long lost hobies like gardening, this is a second change that Dr. Alani gave me.

by Bill E on Mar 28th, 2011

excellent bedside manner. He fixed my knee and i was skiing in 3 weeks

Mar 15th, 2011

Had a great experience with the entire office. Dr Alani fixed my hip with the mini incision. I love my mobility and am pain free!

Mar 15th, 2011

Excellent orthopedic surgeon!!!!

Great experience with Dr. Alani show details Great experience with Dr. Alani
Mar 8th, 2011

I was always un satisfied with the results of a past knee surgery from another doctor so I was eager to see what Dr. Alani could do for me. I am a very athletic person and my knee pain has limited me to numerous physical activities. I saw Dr. Alani and was impressed by how caring he and his staff treated me. Dr. Alani is very skilled, made the correct diagnosis and I got the results I wanted by his reconstructive surgery. My knee no longer pops or hurts during weather change, I wish I saw him first!

Avoid show details Avoid
Dec 26th, 2010

After knee surgery, never once visited me in hosp. Never once physically examined my knee. In constant pain from a botched operation.

well above average show details well above average
Oct 22nd, 2010

Has treated my entire family w/o incident. Accurate diagnoses, treatment and followup. Could not of ecpected more unless he would pay for it too!

Would Highly Reccommend show details Would Highly Reccommend
by Lindsay on Aug 19th, 2010

Contrary to the other comments on this page, I thought the doctor was very friendly, caring, and accurate in his diagnosis. Though the wait time was a little long, he is one of the better Orthopedic Surgeons in Houston and I would reccommend him to others!! Very nice guy as well!!

Can't diagnose an obvious infection show details Can't diagnose an obvious infection
by Pat in Houston on May 12th, 2010

Even when a second opinion suggests an infection this doctor disregards the recommendation and tells me my healing is going according to plan. The next day a real doctor puts me in the hospital for 2 weeks with a 1/4 chance of loosing my leg due to an untreated infection. If you hear this doctor's name run the other way or change hospitals.

Mar 9th, 2010

very professional but never saw or heard from doctor again doctor after surgery until I visited his office