Surgeons, Pediatric Surgeon
7777 Southwest Fwy
Ste 432
Houston, TX 77074
713-777-4785
Locations and availability (6)

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. Judy's Book.
 |  Happy with surgery  |  show details
by Joan Nering on Mar 7th, 2014

Last March I fell and broke my left shoulder. In the Emergency room it was discovered that I also had a very large Blood clot on my lung that had to be treated before surgery could be done along with problems with my blood platelets. Dr.Alani was assigned to do the surgery. After 2 weeks of blood treatments he finally was able to put 2 pins in my left shoulder at Memorial Southwest Hospital. In my opinion I feel that he is an excellent surgeon. After follow up physical therapy and almost a year later I have no problems and am fully functional with the left shoulder. Thanks Dr. Alani!

|  A very good docutor but getting appointment is difficult  |  show details
by G. Basu on Dec 23rd, 2013

A very good Orthopedic surgeon and Doctor- operated upon my mother's both arms after she had fractured them in two separate occasions. Both the surgeries were major but there were no complications whatsoever since she was operated (13 years ago). The issues I face with his office is getting an appointment for check ups- I have a tennis elbow problem and my right arm pains- when asking for appointment I was told to come after a week. The reception staff whoever picks up the phones are insensitive- not even ready to listen the problem the consultation is sought for. Result- either I have to go to emergency room or look for another doctor, reluctantly. Summary- a very good doctor with unprofessional and insensitive staff in front office.

|  shoulder pain  |  show details
May 26th, 2013

i saw dr alani for my shoulder and he did a cortisone shot with excellent results. The previous review is not true at all. He explained everything to me and did not recommend surge, Look at the other reviews. I hate to read things that are not true about a great doctor.

Aug 14th, 2012

I had been a patient of Dr. Alani for about 15 years whenever I needed a specialist and I had no complaints about him. However, from 2006 to 2010 he operated on my hands, one wrist, both Achilles, one ankle and one knee 3 different times. I now know that at least 2 of these could have been lessened by proper treatment. Most people go to him for one reason and don't have a problem. I kept having to go back and eventually a prominent member of his staff who seems to run everything was inexcusably rude, disrespectful and lied to me on several occasions. No doctor should allow this to happen. I would never go back to him. I have since seen doctors whom I can trust and their staff members are friendly, courteous and helpful. There are too many good doctors in Houston for a patient to have to put up with this treatment.

|  Warning: get a second opinion every time  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2012

I had shoulder pain when I went to see Dr. Alani first. He said that a bone spur was tearing up the ligament and that soon I would have a frozen shoulder unless he operated on it. So I went to another orthopedist to get a second opinion. This doctor said, no surgery necessary, the bone spur is probably not at fault and PT would take care of the problem. He was right -- the shoulder got better by conservative treatment.Later I had pain in my other shoulder and went to see Dr. Alani again. He told me... the exact same thing, including the bit about the bone spur, in the same words. And again I went to see someone else and he told me there's no need for immediate surgery. Dr. Alani even refused to give me a cortisone shot to relieve my pain, which the other dr did right away.I hate to think that I might have gone under the knife for no reason other than filling Dr. Alani's pocket if I didn't think of seeking a second opinion. People -- when Dr. Alani recommends surgery to you, please be smart and see someone else to confirm. I wonder if anybody has ever sued this guy for malpractice, what he does is so brazen and wrong. Please, PLEASE get a second opinion before trusting him to cut you up! I am glad I did.

|  john  |  show details
Mar 28th, 2012

This is the best Doctor I have been to. He was excellent and explained everything about hip replacement in detail. I had the surgery and can do everything I want! Thanks Doc

Oct 18th, 2011

The staff was very good. Dr Alani fixed my fractured wrist and I have full function back. Thanks so much!

|  Verilast hip replacement  |  show details
Sep 27th, 2011

From going to so many consultations, I discovered that not many surgeons offer the verilast, it lasts longer than most hip replacements and causes less friction with existing bones. Dr. Alani and his staff took care of my needs and were all very caring. I feel like I took a total 360 in my condition. I'm taking it day by day but so far, they have all been good one. No more hip pain just getting useed to the good days now!

|  slt  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2011

this is a very good doctor that fixed my tennis elbow with a simple out patient procedure. I had almost no rehab and feel 100%.

|  John l  |  show details
Aug 29th, 2011

I had the platelet injection by Dr Alani and it worked great. I avoided a total hip replacement thanks to Dr Alani! He's great!

Aug 29th, 2011

excellent office staff and doctor He fixed my ankle perfectly!

|  My shoulder is no longer holding me back!  |  show details
by katiestoler at Citysearch on Aug 3rd, 2011 on citysearch.com

I was diagnosed with Rhematoid Arthritis 5 years ago and have been baring the pain since. I hate taking pills, just the thought of it grosses me out, so you can imagine how horrible it has been for me. The pain medication was not doing my shoulder any better, I always felt stiffness and during the Summer my shoulder would get swollen. A neighbor of mine told me about Dr. Alani when I was complaining of the increasing discomfort one morning. He sounded like the answer I was looking for so I made a consultation appointment. After the examination, Dr. Alani told me I was a canidate for total shoulder replacment. I was a little nervous of the surgery idea but knew my body needed this procedure. I had the replacement done the next 2 weeks and have not looked back since. I know have alot more mobility in my right shoulder and experience no pain when doing low impact activities such as baking or quilting. Thanks to Dr. Alani, I am taking back my life!

|  Cramp free wrist once again  |  show details
Jul 23rd, 2011

I injured my wrist during a competitive skating tournament last year. I saw another surgeon that year and to save him embarressment, I will not mention his name. I never fully recovered from that surgery and always felt I could physically be in a better place if I saw someone else,it was a complete distaster to say the least. During an event ( Due to the bad surgery I had to sit in the sidelines) I was talking to an ex traniner and he had told me to check out Dr. Alani (he said Alani was the best in Sugarland), so I made an appointment the next day. Turns out he was right! Dr. Alani did a fantastic job on my second surgery, I wish I knew about him when I had to find a surgeon the first time. I feel a BIG difference, I have more flexablility in my wrist and don't have to worry about the cramping or stiffing up during cold weather anymore.

|  Bill m  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2011

I had the minimally invasive hip done and feel great. Can walk as far as I want without the pain I had before. thanks doc!

May 7th, 2011

Great bedside manner. Had a bad broken leg and he fixed it perfectly!

|  Saying goodbye to the pain  |  show details
by pamela d. at Judy`sBook on Apr 27th, 2011 on judysbook.com

I was refered to Dr. Alani by a my sister`s boyfriend. The location was convenient, easy to find, I was releived that it wasn`t in down town. My experience with him was a plesant one, he listened to me carfully when I explained to him abou...

Read Full Review at judysbook.com
 |  No more knee pain  |  show details
Apr 21st, 2011

My knee pain was growing worse and there was no denying it any longer, I need medical attention. I was trying to avoid surgery all together but realized I was missing out in life due to the increased pain. I was refered to Dr. Alani by a friend and made an appointment. He diagnosed me correctly and performed orthopedic knee surgery the following week. He responded to my calls during recovery and was helpful. A month after recovery, I am now enjoying my long lost hobies like gardening, this is a second change that Dr. Alani gave me.

|  Wish I found Dr. Alani sooner  |  show details
by dorathyphilmore at Citysearch on Apr 21st, 2011 on citysearch.com

My kids were urging my to quit putting off knee surgery another year and that they were not gonna stand it anymore. So I took my grumpy senior self to Dr. Alani refered to by a relative`s friend and was impressed by his expertise and knowledge in diagnosing me correctly. He told me there was no denying the knee pain and that I needed orthopedic knee surgery as soon as possible. I took his advice and a week later underwent surgery. The recovery was uncomfortable but he was responsive to my phone calls and I was properly medicated. I must admit I wish I would have listened to my kids sooner and just gotten surgery years ago. I always thought of myself as a grumpy person but realized it was because I was always in pain, this is why I didn`t participate in my grandkids activities. Dr. Alani gave me fantastic results and the ability to take longer walks with the grandkids and sit through recitals and actually be part of their life with a smile on my face, instead of just lying in bed in pain watching TV.

by Bill E on Mar 28th, 2011

excellent bedside manner. He fixed my knee and i was skiing in 3 weeks

|  Finally pain free wrists and hands  |  show details
by marcobarr at Citysearch on Mar 24th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I was refered to Dr. Alanin by a fellow drafter and am glad I made the choice to see him. After working many years on a keyboard and doing drawings, my wrists and hands have been hurting more and more. The pain was becoming unbearable ecsopecially in the mornings. He assigned me the most non invasive treatment possible and I was not forced to miss much work during my recovery time, I had no problem reaching them by phone. I feel so much better now that I don`t have to be taking all of that pain medication and am happy that I can enjoy holding my new grand daughter.

Mar 15th, 2011

Had a great experience with the entire office. Dr Alani fixed my hip with the mini incision. I love my mobility and am pain free!

Mar 15th, 2011

Excellent orthopedic surgeon!!!!

|  Great experience with Dr. Alani  |  show details
Mar 8th, 2011

I was always un satisfied with the results of a past knee surgery from another doctor so I was eager to see what Dr. Alani could do for me. I am a very athletic person and my knee pain has limited me to numerous physical activities. I saw Dr. Alani and was impressed by how caring he and his staff treated me. Dr. Alani is very skilled, made the correct diagnosis and I got the results I wanted by his reconstructive surgery. My knee no longer pops or hurts during weather change, I wish I saw him first!

|  Avoid  |  show details
Dec 26th, 2010

After knee surgery, never once visited me in hosp. Never once physically examined my knee. In constant pain from a botched operation.

|  well above average  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2010

Has treated my entire family w/o incident. Accurate diagnoses, treatment and followup. Could not of ecpected more unless he would pay for it too!

|  Would Highly Reccommend  |  show details
by Lindsay on Aug 19th, 2010

Contrary to the other comments on this page, I thought the doctor was very friendly, caring, and accurate in his diagnosis. Though the wait time was a little long, he is one of the better Orthopedic Surgeons in Houston and I would reccommend him to others!! Very nice guy as well!!

|  Can't diagnose an obvious infection  |  show details
by Pat in Houston on May 12th, 2010

Even when a second opinion suggests an infection this doctor disregards the recommendation and tells me my healing is going according to plan. The next day a real doctor puts me in the hospital for 2 weeks with a 1/4 chance of loosing my leg due to an untreated infection. If you hear this doctor's name run the other way or change hospitals.

|  Can`t diagnose a raging bone infection.  |  show details
by Citysearch User on May 12th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

This doctor can not diagnose a raging bone infection because he relys on his PA and doesn`t have the time to do a real inspection hiself. H...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com
Mar 9th, 2010

very professional but never saw or heard from doctor again doctor after surgery until I visited his office

by Sateena on Apr 26th, 2008 on citysearch.com

Well folks, in this office I guarantee you are nothing but a number on a chart, not a patient. Their is a great lack of concern for the patient. They have no patience, no respect, no courtesy, and no patient confidentiality. They talk loudly about other p

by Steva on Mar 30th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I would not recommend this doctor to anyone. The staff was very rude and when something goes wrong, you can't even get them to return your call. I will never take my kids there again.