Surgeons
9301 N Central Expwy
Suite 400
Dallas, TX 75231
214-220-2468
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

|  Shoulder replacement 2 years ago  |  show details
by Debbie on Feb 6th, 2014

I appreciated Dr. Burkhead's straight forward approach. I had 2 orthroscopic procedures before I came to him. He said it needs to be replaced and got me in before the end of the year and got a titanium joint from France since I am allergic to nickel alloy used in other replacements. I have had a great outcome. If you want someone to be honest and get to the problem, he is the best doctor. I would send anyone to him with highest regard. He is very busy but the best doctors are!!!

Jan 15th, 2014

I had major shoulder surgery and it took more then a year to heal. But it did heal and I think Dr. Burkhead did a great job. Although I don't like seeing PA's, I do realize that top doctor needs them to keep up with patient demands. But Dr. Burkhead did spend plenty of time with me before the surgery. I would highly recommend him.

|  Getting real: real treat.  |  show details
by Wes on Nov 26th, 2013

Dr. Burkhead appreciates patients that research there condition and can speak intelligently about what it is, and what to do. Fighter pilots and surgeons: world's biggest egos. Deal with it, joke with it, and get the attention you deserve and first-rate care. Yes, he is busy. I'm not the center of the universe either, but when he's needed, really needed, he's there. Does he have staff and assistants to do routine procedures, Yes , I expected that. It is the only way you can possibly keep up with demands of surgery and office appointments. Every call I made to the office was returned promptly. The staff was courteous and gave a great deal of attention to detail. So far, Dr. Burkhead is exactly what I expected. And I expect brilliant results, too. If you are expecting "Marcus Welby" look elsewhere. Looking for "Hawkeye Pierce?" You might have found the right place.

Nov 22nd, 2013

THIS DOCTOR IS VERY OVERRATED AS BEING THE BEST! HE IS NOT WHAT HIS BIO SAYS HE IS!! I WAS SO DISAPPOINTED AS WERE PEOPLE IN HIS WAITING ROOM WHILE I WAS THERE. I WILL SEEK ANOTHER DOCTOR.

|  Knows What He Is Doing Helped Husband And I.Explains Well  |  show details
by Carol Werstler on Oct 23rd, 2013

Luckily my husband & I go to appointments with each other so we can collaborate a list of questions ahead of time to ask the doctor. He answer all of our questions & took the time to draw a brief diagram to explain how our shoulders were working & the cause of our problems. I think people Need to realize that Top doctors in their field, such as Dr Burkhead, are in High demand. Due to this high demand, it is Best to think of questions ahead of time to get the best bang for their buck. We were referred to him by another one of his patients. Many primary doctors misdiagnose or downplay injuries so when I hear of someone having constant pain in their shoulder after seeing a primary doctor, I tell them.. go see Dr Burkhead. He will fix you right up. :)

by Paul Hoelscher on Mar 6th, 2013

Dr Burkhead replaced both my shoulders,2006 and 2010, today I am 74 years old and am extremely happy with his work. Three months after each shoulder replacement I was able to resume pitching batting practice and still throw today, along with golf and other things. Today is March 6,2013 and I just read a few crybaby reviews of the Dr. He does great work, but order to recoup after surgery such as mine you need toughen up, work at rehab and stop whinning

|  perhaps a good surgeon, but cares little for his patients  |  show details
Apr 10th, 2012

I would have given a lower rating if it had been available for many of the above. Time will tell whether my surgery was a success or not. It's been seven weeks since he did my shoulder surgery. His physician's assistant tried to handle my very first follow-up surgery visit a week later - until I insisted on seeing Dr. Burkhead. On my 2nd appointment 6 weeks later, he was apparently too busy to even see me. If his physician's assistants had been worthwhile, that might not have been as much of a problem. That was not the case. I don't know whether he fixed my shoulder or not since it's just been seven weeks; however, my spirit is definitely broken. My surgery was due to an accident, not a lifetime problem. Prior to then, I seldom went to doctors at all since I've been healthy. I will do my best to avoid them in my future.

|  terrible  |  show details
Dec 23rd, 2011

didn't even attempt to spend time understanding my needs, or seem to care about me. very self-absorbed.

Sep 29th, 2011

I would not hesitate to use Dr. Burkhead again

|  Past  |  show details
Mar 16th, 2010

Dr. Burkhead used to be the best doctor. In recent years, he has become aloof and hard to deal with. He doesn't return calls, his staff ignores patients and he does not follow up like he use to. If you had this doctor in the past, you were lucky. Now, I would find someone else.

|  Famed Orthopaedic Shoulder Surgeon - Great!  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Nov 11th, 2009 on insiderpages.com

I recently phoned for an appointment with Dr. Burkhead for on-going shoulder pain. I was quickly scheduled with Helena, his physician`s ass...

Read Full Review at insiderpages.com