Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Probably not a good idea  |  show details
by parent on Nov 9th, 2013

After almost nine years of illness I would say I’m a fairly good judge Of doctors and their staff. Yesterday I had one of the very worst Experiences in this Doctor’s office. I drove 55 miles to his office (all Of my doc’s are in LA) and arrived on time for my 2pm apt. I signed in At the closed frosted window (you are unable to see in or out) and sat down. I understand patient privacy issues but you could hear every personal word On the other side of this window and I now know things about patients now that I can’t “un-know! So the heavily frosted window is useless and an obstacle in patient Communication as far as the waiting room is concerned. Some time had passed and the window never opened so I tapped on it, after a few moments a woman opened it, looked me up and down And said “I’ll be with you in a minute!” and closed it again…apparently I was interrupting her conversation about her favorite flavors of jelly and jam. I went back and sat down. Minutes later…A young gentleman got up and tapped on the window, and let the jelly/jam lover know that he had been in the waiting room for almost 45 minutes and had to return to work and asked when he would be seen. Jam lover said “I’ll tell the staff?” I started to wonder if she worked there. About 10 minutes later a woman came out and told the young man it would be another 5 minutes. I’m no math wizard but that would put him in the waiting room for one hour at that point. The woman acknowledged my presence with a Hi! How are You? …and disappeared. Finally the young man was called back, and the woman had the nerve to say to him “I’m sorry sir, but this IS a doctor’s office!! He was quiet polite and patient and I have no idea what provoked that undeserved outburst from her. Even though I spent more than another 30 more minutes in the office I never saw him again. I have to wonder how long he sat in some exam room by himself…… I have multiple serious, painful conditions, some life threatening at this point I was starting to hurt…. I looked at my phone and realized I had been there almost an hour and a half. I started to feel that I couldn’t sit there any longer,I knew my ul tests Would take another 30 to 45 minutes if they ever called me in to the actual doctor’s office…..and if it wasn’t too late in the day to administer these tests….I had waited two weeks for the appointment but was starting to doubt the competency of the whole organization….and then I had the long drive home….this pain flare was progressing to a point of no return and 10 minutes later I finally decided to leave. I left a note on the sign in sheet that I had waited longer than 90 minutes wondering if anyone would ever look at it…and I did not want to be billed for this “appointment”, I had already incurred the outrageous $18 parking fee, and spent money on gasoline for the 110 mile round trip. About a half hour into my drive home my phone rang, it was the office manager Who had the nerve to say to me “I read some verbiage on the sign in sheet And all I can tell you is that if I was in a waiting room for even 20 minutes, I would Get up and knock on the window…..” She was actually trying to turn this mess Around on me!!!! I explained what happened right down to the description of the Jam loving receptionist who dismissed me and let her know that I would be seeing another neurologist. End of story. The doc's attitude portrays him to be bored with his job and if you're looking for a listener this isn't the guy. None of this is worth it.

|  best neurologist  |  show details
Apr 7th, 2013

Knowlegable, genuinely caring doctor and office stuff. Cares for patients like they r his family members.

|  Doctor was generic, insincere, disconnected and uncommitted  |  show details
by DRH on Apr 6th, 2013

Only 9 years after finding myself under his care did I finally find myself at UCLA under the care of Dr. Sandi Dewars, one of the best I've ever met. Avoid Chow at all costs, this man appears to have nothing to gain in seeing his patients through to health and happiness. After seeing him for months straight, he put me on Tegretol, and I continued to have drop-seizures. I've had more than twenty drop seizures since seeing him, have since had pacemaker and depth electrode analysis surgery. Chow is worthless.

|  Medical negligence  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2012

failed to recognize the warning symptoms of a life threating illness and declared a sick patient healthy

|  misdiagnosis  |  show details
Oct 17th, 2012

misdiagnosis life threating illnesses

|  show details
Aug 30th, 2012

I had a bad fall on my head. I had headaches, vision problems and pressure in my head. Dr. Chow ordered a brain scan. He NEVER called me with the results. I saw another doctor who got the results immediately

|  Took all the right tests to diagnose my blocked artery/crainiotomy  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2012

He saved my life as he knew what exact tests to take. I had surgery and am recouperating.

|  A Physician  |  show details
Jul 31st, 2012

This is a doctor who goes above and beyond what is expected of a physician in the United States. He is extremely intelligent and treats his patients with respect. Unlike other doctors who will just smile and nod or barely look up at you, Dr. Chow listens to your symptoms and does his best to brainstorm ways to help. I have been dealing with a 2 year medical issue that has been looked over by many other doctors. Although he has yet to diagnose me, he is on the case. I feel very lucky to have found him.

|  Highly recommend Dr. William Chow  |  show details
Jul 30th, 2012

My mother was referred to Dr. Chow after an emergency stay at Cedar Sinai Med.Ctr. I am very pleased with his handling of my mother's case. Dr. Chow is very caring and patient with my elderly mother. He answers all of her questions and takes time to make sure that, as best as possible, she understands the information that he is providing and that I too, understand what he is talking about. The staff is very courteous and responsive to our needs.I am very happy with the care, treatment and interaction with everyone at this office.

|  show details
Oct 13th, 2011

Listen.

|  Leave alone a doctor he doesn't even sound a proffessional  |  show details
May 16th, 2011

This guy charged me over $1500 for doing nothing. He order stuff that is not even needed and got me pass-out in the process. It took me more than month get better. Once they see you have a good insurance, they find way to max out. I will say he said maybe two words to me; that is all. Then he claimed he treated me for 3 days.

|  Grateful to Dr. Chow  |  show details
Dec 6th, 2010

I am a patient with mild traumatic brain injury. Dr. Chow has been excellent in explaining my case to me and willing to continue to examine options to speed my healing. I am grateful to him.

|  One of my best Doctors  |  show details
by Melinda Lyon on Nov 27th, 2009

Dr. Chow takes the time to listen to me which I feel gives him an advantage in treating me. Neurological problems can be somewhat subjective, so one treatment doesn't fit all.I have recommended him to a friend who was being untreated for Parkinson's and other problems. My friend (who is really grumpy)was delighted with Dr. Chow and is doing so much better with treatment.