Dr. William Chow MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

January 18th, 2016
Without Dr chow help I would not be alive today

November 24th, 2015
misdiagnosed the problem

November 20th, 2015
Medical Malpractice
Once William Chow realized he grossly misdiagnosed me, first he refused to hand over my medical records and later falsified them with his secretary. A video of him and this case can be seen on WilliamChowMD.com I hope this brings public awareness.

September 15th, 2015
Most compassionate, caring, knowledgeable physician I have ever had.

July 9th, 2015
Very disappointed/misdiagnosed
Dr. Chow misdiagnosed my child that almost cost their life ,I have lost all faith in him. It surprises me that he is associated with Cedars, usually they have better doctors but not in this case.

June 16th, 2015
I like Dr. Chow very much. He inspires confidence.

April 19th, 2015
Visit Appointment
Kind, respectful, patient, listens. explains, caring & compassionate.

November 9th, 2013
Probably not a good idea
After almost nine years of illness I would say I’m a fairly good judge Of doctors and their staff. Yesterday I had one of the very worst Experiences in this Doctor’s office. I drove 55 miles to his office (all Of my doc’s are in LA) and arrived on time for my 2pm apt. I signed in At the closed frosted window (you are unable to see in or out) and sat down. I understand patient privacy issues but you could hear every personal word On the other side of this window and I now know things about patients now that I can’t “un-know! So the heavily frosted window is useless and an obstacle in patient Communication as far as the waiting room is concerned. Some time had passed and the window never opened so I tapped on it, after a few moments a woman opened it, looked me up and down And said “I’ll be with you in a minute!” and closed it again…apparently I was interrupting her conversation about her favorite flavors of jelly and jam. I went back and sat down. Minutes later…A young gentleman got up and tapped on the window, and let the jelly/jam lover know that he had been in the waiting room for almost 45 minutes and had to return to work and asked when he would be seen. Jam lover said “I’ll tell the staff?” I started to wonder if she worked there. About 10 minutes later a woman came out and told the young man it would be another 5 minutes. I’m no math wizard but that would put him in the waiting room for one hour at that point. The woman acknowledged my presence with a Hi! How are You? …and disappeared. Finally the young man was called back, and the woman had the nerve to say to him “I’m sorry sir, but this IS a doctor’s office!! He was quiet polite and patient and I have no idea what provoked that undeserved outburst from her. Even though I spent more than another 30 more minutes in the office I never saw him again. I have to wonder how long he sat in some exam room by himself…… I have multiple serious, painful conditions, some life threatening at this point I was starting to hurt…. I looked at my phone and realized I had been there almost an hour and a half. I started to feel that I couldn’t sit there any longer,I knew my ul tests Would take another 30 to 45 minutes if they ever called me in to the actual doctor’s office…..and if it wasn’t too late in the day to administer these tests….I had waited two weeks for the appointment but was starting to doubt the competency of the whole organization….and then I had the long drive home….this pain flare was progressing to a point of no return and 10 minutes later I finally decided to leave. I left a note on the sign in sheet that I had waited longer than 90 minutes wondering if anyone would ever look at it…and I did not want to be billed for this “appointment”, I had already incurred the outrageous $18 parking fee, and spent money on gasoline for the 110 mile round trip. About a half hour into my drive home my phone rang, it was the office manager Who had the nerve to say to me “I read some verbiage on the sign in sheet And all I can tell you is that if I was in a waiting room for even 20 minutes, I would Get up and knock on the window…..” She was actually trying to turn this mess Around on me!!!! I explained what happened right down to the description of the Jam loving receptionist who dismissed me and let her know that I would be seeing another neurologist. End of story. The doc's attitude portrays him to be bored with his job and if you're looking for a listener this isn't the guy. None of this is worth it.

April 7th, 2013
best neurologist
Knowlegable, genuinely caring doctor and office stuff. Cares for patients like they r his family members.

November 26th, 2012
Medical negligence
failed to recognize the warning symptoms of a life threating illness and declared a sick patient healthy

October 17th, 2012
misdiagnosis
misdiagnosis life threating illnesses

August 30th, 2012
I had a bad fall on my head. I had headaches, vision problems and pressure in my head. Dr. Chow ordered a brain scan. He NEVER called me with the results. I saw another doctor who got the results immediately