Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

|  Terrible manner with patients  |  show details
by Lauren on Feb 20th, 2014

I saw the doctor once, then was referred for an MRI, then referred again for an MRA, then referred to a neurosurgeon. I did not discuss any of the findings with the doctor, although the nurse told me a had a "hefty" aneurysm. I was not consulted on any of the referrals, so I suspect some sort of relationship between this doctor's office and the neurosurgeon. I also found out the doctor never looked at the actual images I had done, only the read the reports. I had to go back to the MRI and MRA places to pickup the image CDs to take to the unknown neurosurgeon. I decided to pickup my medical records from Raleigh Neurologists as well, then fired them.

|  Won't return.  |  show details
Oct 3rd, 2012

This doctor appeared to be drugged. He rarely bothered to open his eyes during my visit. He had zero personality. He didn't seem to have any interest in my problem, and smirked at my former diagnosis ... while offering none of his own. [His nurse showed more interest!] And then he wanted me to come back in six months. No way!

|  show details
Sep 30th, 2012

The photo above is not dr Ferrell / Or maybe I saw the wrong dr / everyone I met in RN was robot like with the exception of Jennifer / how she puts up with all the other stones I don't know they shoul all take a leaf out of her book / for a start/ after that they all need to pay attention to the words reassurance and follow up / it's the saddest placeI have ever being in my whole life / the UK national health system treated me way better and no ridiculous bills . I m never goin back to R N they need a big culture change.

|  don't do itit Don't do itwould be to get the same doctor for every visit!!  |  show details
May 21st, 2011

I met with Dr. Ferrel for my first visit, and schedueled an MRI. Had the MRI done within 5 days, and left the scan with the disc in hand. It took almost 5 weeks to get back in to have him read the results to me. When I showed up for the appointment I was seen by his PA. She told me that my issues were caused by a herniated disk. She suggested therapy and a six week course of 3 bi-lateral spinal injections, fun. When I met with Dr. Yeremsety he went through the MRI scan with me and ruled out the disk issue, which I plainly saw for myself. He felt that my problem stemmed from scar tissue from an 8yr old back surgery. Went through the injections over 6 weeks with no significant relief. Went to a follow-up visit 4 weeks after last injection to actually meet with Dr. Ferrel for the second time. Told him my issues were still present. He looked over my MRI, for the first time, and concluded that neither my disk, nor the scar tissue were bulging enough to be an issue. It would have been nice to have found that out 3 1/2 months earlier and save myself from 6 spinal injections, physical therapy, which I did not need, and the $10,400 it costs to get to that point. As a result, I lost my job, which being the primary income for my wife and four children was obviously devastating. Had I learned this tidbit earlier I would have been 3 1/2 months ahead of the game. Dr. Ferrel told me that he thought I had a pain disorder, Fibromyalgia. Thanks to the internet I learned that this disorder courses through different parts of your body, and affects both the upper and lower parts of your body. My pain was central to my lower back, and my right leg. It never deviated from that, and still hasn't. I'm not a medical professional, but I'm college educated, and I do understand what I read. I used the Mayo Clinics definition of this disorder to realize that Fibromyalgia was not the case at all. I was then reffered to a Nuerosurgeon. The one they chose did not participate with my insurance, so I was told that I had to figure out who did and call Dr. Ferrel back with the info for the referel. I located one, which happened to be in the same building as Raleigh Nuerology, but on the 2nd floor. I guess for $10,400 they can not be inconvienenced to do such difficult leg work for me. So here I sit 6months later waiting on my new Dr.s appointment, unable to still work, and recieving bills from Raleigh Nuerology. 3 different doctor's, 3 different diagnosis, and 0 results! Money, that I don't have, well spent. This review is just the start of my rampage. I have contacted the local media and hope to be able to let the public know exactly what kind of care they can expect from Raleigh Nuerology. As for the personality of the staff, door stop comes to mind. They are the biggest group as far away from putting themselves in your shoes as you can possibly imagine. 0 empathy, and absolutely 0 consideration that you may have a family that is relying on you to get better asap. I understand things take time, but their time line is utterly ridiculous! They are offende that I am so unhappy with the care they've provided me. I use that loosely of course. I've never encountered such widespread arrogance in my 40 years. I completely understand the billing for the diagnostic tests and offices visits, but beyond that, not so much. How someone can be given 3 different diagnosis from 3 different people within the same office is mind blowing to say the least. Not only has it been a huge waste of my time and money, but it has been a drain on my insurance allotment for physical therapy visits that I can not get back. Not to mention the $1,200 out of pocket for injections I didn't need. My simple analogy is...If you take your car to a mechanic for an altenator and when you pick it up the starter has been replaced, but not the altenator, do you expec to pay for their mistake? Silly question, huh? I understand that half of my bill, $10,400, is justified for office visits and testing, but what about the other half....? Not only uneccessary treatments, but what about the 6 months that I've wasted in order to be told I have a pain disorder and I need to see a Nuerosurgeon?! Since when do people with pain disorders go to see Nuerosurgeons? Utter and complete arrogance and disregard!!! Please reconsider your choice of doctor's. For the sake of you and your family's mental and financial well being!!!