Surgical Specialist
925 Chestnut St
Fl 5
Philadelphia, PA 19107
800-321-9999
Locations and availability (10)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Sep 19th, 2012

I am an operating room nurse manager at another hospital who went to Dr Hozack because he has such agreat reputation. had an anterior hip replacement at Rothman at Bensalemin june and i can't say enough about the care and professionalism of all the staff

Sep 2nd, 2012

Today is my 10the day after surgery for total rt hip replacement. I was in the Ocean in Avalon tues Aug 21, in Jefferson Surgery with Dr Hozack Wed August 22, home on Thursday Aug 23 with only a cane. I'm 71 and he is the most fantastic hip surgeon. I carried his name with me from 2004 when an Orthopedic Surgeon from Florida, on a Yangtsee River trip in china, recommended him to me. If you need hip surgery, only use Dr W, Hozack.

|  Dennis J Durkin  |  show details
Aug 4th, 2012

Quite simply the very best person for hip replacement surgery.The "Rothman Experience" is first class for the entire process.Every person you come in contact with is more professional and caring than the last.I can't say enough about them and I am not a "cheerleader " type person.6 years ago, I asked a Radiologist to find out who the doctor's at Jefferson hospital would send their mother to for hip replacemnt surgery.He came back with only one name. I had bilateral hip surgery on 7/24 and only 10 days later i am moving around with a cane pain free for all intents and purposes.More rehab in front of me but this is going to turn out great.

|  Dr Hozack is the BEST  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2012

I had bilaterial hip replacement on April 17th 2012. The surgery was performed by Dr. Hozack. Using a less invasive technique (artial incisions). I was able to walk on my own in less tha 4 weeks with no pain. THANK YOU - THANK YOU- THANK YOU Dr. Hozack.

|  Hip replacement  |  show details
May 1st, 2012

I had a recent minimally invasive hip replacement by Dr. Hozack and one month later I am walking normally with no cane. I couldn't be happier with the result and the professional operation at Jefferson Hospital.

Mar 8th, 2011

Dr. Hozack is the gold standard of hip replacement surgeons. All I heard about him was how good he was at his work. He exceeded my expectations. I am a 53 year old male with an extremely active lifestyle. I had bilateral hip replacement with an anterior approach in mid November of 2010. I walked with a walker 6 hours after my surgery. I went home in two days and I was released unrestricted 4 weeks after my surgery. I have returned to work as a sports television hand held cameraman. It is a very demanding physical job and I was back working in 6 weeks. Jefferson Hospital is amazing in there standard of care and professionalism. I live 5 hours from Philly but it was well worth the trip. Dr. Hozack is 5 stars out of 5 in my book.

|  Hip Replacement  |  show details
May 5th, 2010

I would recommend,and use Dr.Hozack if I had another problem with my other hip.I had a THR on my right side and am now out of pain and able to walk again.

|  One of the Best  |  show details
by Bill A. on Aug 1st, 2009

Dr. Hozack is a very skilled orthopedic surgeon, perhaps one of the best at Rothman. He specializes in minimally invasive joint replacements, both hips and knees. I had a double hip replacement approximately 8 weeks ago and all went well, I was back at work 4 weeks after surgery. People are quite amazed at how quickly my recovery is progressing, and I attribute it to the minimally invasive techniques employed during my surgery. There were none of the typical post op precautions for hip replacements.I am from the north Jersey area, and traveled about 3 hours to see Dr. Hozack, because he came so highly recommended. The ride home after surgery was very tough, but I do not regret traveling this far, since the success of the procedure far outweighs some discomfort and time spent traveling. I would also highly recommend Dr. Hozack and the Rothman group.The Rothman Institute is a very busy office, and Dr. Hozack performs several joint replacements per day so time spent visiting patients after surgery is fairly limited. His bedside manner is friendly and professional, He did come to see me while in the hospital, but the visits were very brief. I do not fault him for this, since his time is best spent in the operating room.

Nov 26th, 2008

Well satisfied with his performance and results.