Dr William Hozack Is this you?

Have you seen Dr William Hozack?

Posted on January 13th, 2017

So far so good seems like an excellent Doctor, Surgery Monday will know more By next Friday recommended by the best surgeon I have ever used so I am confident he is excellent.

Posted on November 2nd, 2016

Dr. Hozack performed two orthopedic replacements for me: a hip in 2011 and a knee in 2015. Both were superbly done and I have had absolutely no complaints about this doctor....he "walks on water!" I would recommend him to any friend or family member.

Robin

Posted on August 2nd, 2016

factory? YES. INcount it as extreme team efficiency. BEdside manner? DOnt care. WAnted the best. REcovery? Out the next day, back to work four days after total hip replacement and waterskiing the next summer.Do you want warm and fuzzy or the best surgeon possible? I choose that later.

So Good I'm Going Back for the Other Hip

Posted on July 12th, 2016

Dr Hozack is extremely busy, so other than an obligatory office visit and a hello before and after the surgery I didn't see him. But his team is amazing. I could have used a little more information after my total hip replacement, about why I was not allowed to put any weight on my leg for six weeks -- after weeks of asking the answer was one of three things, weight, condition of other hip (bad) and I can't remember. Since his team's No. 1 suggestion for recovery from the surgery was "walk, walk, walk" and I couldn't, I was frustrated. But the anterior surgery healed beautifully, and four years later the hip is fine. Now I need the other hip done and I'm going back to Hozack.

Former patient

Posted on July 8th, 2016

I found Dr Hozack & the Rothman Institute to be more of a factory experience vs. one of individualized medical care. I agree with other reviewers who said Dr H spent as little time with them as possible. Found the same to be true of his nursing staff. Questions were readily dismissed. Post-op, on the day of my hip replacement surgery, I told the Dr that my leg was shorter than my other leg. Response received was "give it time." In time, my leg did not stretch. In one of my follow up appointments, Dr H measured my leg. Finding it was indeed shorter, Dr H glibly remarked that a lot of people have one leg shorter than the other. I found indifferent attitude and misalignment unacceptable.

Doctor's Response

Dear Patient, Your feedback is extremely valuable to us. We would love to speak with you directly about your experience. If interested in discussing further, please call us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute

Hip surgery

Posted on April 15th, 2016

He don't follow up with his patients if you read the reviews. You see his nurse after surgery. He will pop his head in the room but will spend as little time as possible with you. He won't return your call either ; you will be referred to his nurse again.

Doctor's Response

Dear Patient, Thank you for your comment. We truly value your feedback and would love the opportunity to discuss your concerns further. If interested, please contact us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute

Posted on November 12th, 2015

The absolute and unequivocal best!

Would not recommend Dr. Hozak to anyone.

Posted on October 27th, 2015

Dr. Hozak replaced my knee. It was clear from the start that he does his best to minimize his time with patients. At my 6-month follow up visit he didn't even look at my knee, ask about my rehab, nothing. When I told him I felt like my other leg was now shorter than the leg that was operated on and that I was having lots of pain on my right side he told me it had nothing to do with the knee surgery and that I needed a pain clinic!!!! I have been to 3 doctors since and my leg is indeed now shorter by nearly an inch and the pain in my foot, leg, hips, and back are a direct result of that. I will be dealing with this the rest of my life and it's no trivial matter, as Dr. Hozak tried to make it out to be. His lack of concern, unprofessionalism, and overall attitude I found to be appalling. I would never recommend him to anyone.

Doctor's Response

Dear Vitals Guest, We sincerely apologize for the experience you had with Dr. Hozack. Your feedback is a huge opportunity for improvement on our part and we would love the chance to discuss this matter further with you. If interested, please contact us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute

Posted on October 6th, 2015

Replaced my hip 2 years ago. Exceptional service before and after. Exceptional surgery and recovery. Completely pain free for 2 years now, renewed mobility, excellent strength, lost the limp! Highly recommend.

Left Knee replacement

Posted on September 2nd, 2015

Dr. Hozack performed probably a perfect total knee replacement. It is true that he does not have a great personality but almost 2 years after surgery my knee is perfect. I am not interested in having a social relationship with Dr. Hozack. I wanted his skill as a surgeon & he is a very skilled surgeon. If I need my right knee done, I would not hesitate to see him.

Awful Bedside Manner

Posted on June 26th, 2015

I had double knee replacement surgery earlier this year with this doctor. I was told Dr. Hozack was an excellent surgeon (by a nurse), and he very well may be, but his people skills leave A LOT to be desired. He never visited me after surgery (saw him briefly 2 days later), but more importantly, he does NOT believe in the patient going to in-patient rehab after surgery. I live alone in a 2 story house with no bathroom on the first floor and he wanted me to go home 3 days after double knee replacement. I might add that the physical therapists in the hospital recommended that I go to an in-patient rehab facility, but the decision rests with the doctor. I ended up going to an in-patient rehab (physical therapy) facility and it was a God-send. (How I got to go there is a long story.) I can't imagine not having this as an option and being home all alone after knee replacement. I have done very well since the surgery, but most of it I attribute to the experience I had at in-patient rehab. I might also note that you do NOT see the doctor at your follow-up visit - you see a nurse practitioner. This doctor is only concerned about the actual surgery - you just happen to be something that that body part is attached to. He has no bedside manner and is ARROGANT. I don't need a doctor to be my best friend, but I do expect him to be civil. You won't get that with this doctor.

Awful bedside manner. No concern about patients only cares surgery

Posted on March 20th, 2015