Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Awful Bedside Manner show details Awful Bedside Manner
Jun 25th, 2015

I had double knee replacement surgery earlier this year with this doctor. I was told Dr. Hozack was an excellent surgeon (by a nurse), and he very well may be, but his people skills leave A LOT to be desired. He never visited me after surgery (saw him briefly 2 days later), but more importantly, he does NOT believe in the patient going to in-patient rehab after surgery. I live alone in a 2 story house with no bathroom on the first floor and he wanted me to go home 3 days after double knee replacement. I might add that the physical therapists in the hospital recommended that I go to an in-patient rehab facility, but the decision rests with the doctor. I ended up going to an in-patient rehab (physical therapy) facility and it was a God-send. (How I got to go there is a long story.) I can't imagine not having this as an option and being home all alone after knee replacement. I have done very well since the surgery, but most of it I attribute to the experience I had at in-patient rehab. I might also note that you do NOT see the doctor at your follow-up visit - you see a nurse practitioner. This doctor is only concerned about the actual surgery - you just happen to be something that that body part is attached to. He has no bedside manner and is ARROGANT. I don't need a doctor to be my best friend, but I do expect him to be civil. You won't get that with this doctor.

Awful bedside manner. No concern about patients only cares surgery show details Awful bedside manner. No concern about patients only cares surgery
Mar 20th, 2015

Never saw him after surgery. It was 3 days before he visited me in the hospital

Feb 25th, 2015

Dr. Hozack performed a knee replacement on my left knee on January 5th, 2015. I have had an amazing recovery and was able to return to work five weeks later.

Sep 19th, 2012

I am an operating room nurse manager at another hospital who went to Dr Hozack because he has such agreat reputation. had an anterior hip replacement at Rothman at Bensalemin june and i can't say enough about the care and professionalism of all the staff

Dennis J Durkin show details Dennis J Durkin
Aug 4th, 2012

Quite simply the very best person for hip replacement surgery.The "Rothman Experience" is first class for the entire process.Every person you come in contact with is more professional and caring than the last.I can't say enough about them and I am not a "cheerleader " type person.6 years ago, I asked a Radiologist to find out who the doctor's at Jefferson hospital would send their mother to for hip replacemnt surgery.He came back with only one name. I had bilateral hip surgery on 7/24 and only 10 days later i am moving around with a cane pain free for all intents and purposes.More rehab in front of me but this is going to turn out great.

Dr Hozack is the BEST show details Dr Hozack is the BEST
Jun 1st, 2012

I had bilaterial hip replacement on April 17th 2012. The surgery was performed by Dr. Hozack. Using a less invasive technique (artial incisions). I was able to walk on my own in less tha 4 weeks with no pain. THANK YOU - THANK YOU- THANK YOU Dr. Hozack.

Hip replacement show details Hip replacement
May 1st, 2012

I had a recent minimally invasive hip replacement by Dr. Hozack and one month later I am walking normally with no cane. I couldn't be happier with the result and the professional operation at Jefferson Hospital.

Mar 8th, 2011

Dr. Hozack is the gold standard of hip replacement surgeons. All I heard about him was how good he was at his work. He exceeded my expectations. I am a 53 year old male with an extremely active lifestyle. I had bilateral hip replacement with an anterior approach in mid November of 2010. I walked with a walker 6 hours after my surgery. I went home in two days and I was released unrestricted 4 weeks after my surgery. I have returned to work as a sports television hand held cameraman. It is a very demanding physical job and I was back working in 6 weeks. Jefferson Hospital is amazing in there standard of care and professionalism. I live 5 hours from Philly but it was well worth the trip. Dr. Hozack is 5 stars out of 5 in my book.

Hip Replacement show details Hip Replacement
May 5th, 2010

I would recommend,and use Dr.Hozack if I had another problem with my other hip.I had a THR on my right side and am now out of pain and able to walk again.

Nov 26th, 2008

Well satisfied with his performance and results.