Dr. William Mcroberts MD Patient Reviews

• Anesthesiology Oakland Park, FL

• Good
  • Bad

May 16th, 2017
Blessings I send you and your family as you begin your new journey , you certainly will be missed by everyone to include myself You are one exceptional doctor your professionalism, understating ,caring,follow up,and above all listening to your patients as they explain what they are experiencing with much love and good wishes I will look forward to your return .God Bless kb🙏🏻

September 12th, 2016
Worth the airline ticket for sure
I flew down from New York to See. Dr. McRoberts to see him regarding my spinal stenosis as I had heard from my doc up in NY that he is one of the most trusted in the US regarding real minimally invasive options for spinal stenosis as opposed to the "laser spine" stuff you see everywhere and which is generally considered malarky. It took a while to get in to see him, and that is my only main issue. I consider that a good thing though, clearly he has a following. In short order he quite accurately diagnosed me, reviewed my MRI with me and explained the options. I think ultimately I will do this Vertiflex Superior spacer, but will put it off till the fall. The most impressive this was his ability to communicate. (I hear this hands are excellent too.) Where as my NY doc had the right diagnosis, I hadn't understood the engineering behind my problem. McRoberts explained it perfectly. Walking out both my wife and I had the same reaction. This man is at the top of his game, understands precisely my issues, explains the options in a very clear way, and knows why what he says is accurate. Probably the most compelling reason to see him was his ability to see through all the issues and explain why some would be better than others. His honesty was crystal clear. Ill be heading back down for the surgery in the fall.

June 8th, 2016
Amazing and compassionate doctor who understands pain and responds in being involved with the needs of patients care to give them quality of life! Awesome in every way!!

May 1st, 2016
Dr. Mc Roberts has literally changed my life!
Dr. Mc Roberts has literally changed my life! I have had CRPS II for over 20 years. I have had an acute exacerbation over the past year. My pain level had become intolerable and had impacted me and diminished the quality of my life immensely. As pain patients understand, this disease impacts you in every way including socially, physically, mentally, and professionally. Being a physician, I decided to take this issue into my own hands. I researched to find the most experienced and well respected pain physician anywhere in the country. After researching and talking to other pain physicians, I was directed to Dr. Mc Roberts. Even though I live remote to Fort Lauderdale, Dr. Mc Roberts accepted me as a patient. My medical condition is quite complex. He is on the leading edge of research and up to date on all the latest medical procedures and devises for pain patients. He is not just knowledgeable, but a wonderful, kind, and caring physician. Technically Dr. McRoberts is on par with Superman! I flew into Fort Lauderdale on two separate occasions, and flew out just hours later, having had surgical procedures performed. His less invasive techniques are far superior to other pain physicians. The results of his recommendation/procedures have change my life in almost every way. I am grateful to Dr. McRoberts more than he will ever know. If you are a pain patient, you deserve the best medical care possible. You won't find a more caring, knowledgeable, and qualified pain physician than W. Porter McRoberts MD.

March 20th, 2016
I have been a patient with Dr. McRoberts for over ten years. This doctor accurately diagnosed my problem and developed a plan to help me very quickly. I have had numerous radio frequency ablations over the years and was able to keep pain medicine down to a bare minimum as s result. Approximately six months ago I underwent pump implant surgery. I have fantastic results and literally got my life back because of Dr. McRoberts skill, knowledge and experience in the field of pain management. I feel that it is very important to give accurate feedback to the doctor so that he may help you better through understanding your situation. This man is very, very smart and talented. He is compassionate and not motivated by anything other than genuinely wanting to help his patients. If you have a pain issue..this is the right doctor to help you. I rate this practice @ an A PLUS. :-)

March 1st, 2016
Dr. McRoberts is great, brilliant in fact. Fun, intelligent, and thinks outside of the box. But his office staff on the other hand leaves a lot to be desired. Unprofessional and inappropriately lacking ethics though I am not sure if this is intentional or simply due to ignorance, regardless the result is the same. This is unfortunate, for such a wonderful doctor, to be closely surrounded by ineffective and lacking personnel. Let me be clear, the staff and nurses who assist in his procedures are wonderful, caring and talented but on his office side, good Lord, it’s like two different worlds. From the lag time for appointments and the excuses given for those lags: For example, a simple steroid injection that doesn’t need approval from your Insurance company will be the excuse the scheduler will give you, that they are ‘waiting for Insurance approval’ that never needed to be garnered in the first place. To a PA that lacks the doctor’s finesse, expertise and ability to also think beyond standards to find accurate and appropriate solutions. To the lack of the ability or willingness to submit appropriate documentation or support for insurance claims. Which probably contributes to lags in approvals that are actually needed by insurance companies. Compounded this with an unfriendly environment and people who lack expressed personality, it amazes me that these same people work under Dr .McRoberts as the kind, knowledgeable, and expert staff he uses during procedures. It’s truly unfortunate; the doctor needs to drag in an operational and talent development specialist to re-haul that office or do some serious house cleaning. Sorry Doc, you rock but I'm going to have to find someone else to help me.
Doctor's Response

I have to largely agree with you Mrs M. I very much enjoy my association with Holy Cross Hospital, however it is a real challenge to inspire employees who are not my own to rise to offer care and compassion that would befit their own family. Please don't mis-understand, many employees humble me with their dedication to my patients. But the hospital does not allow quick and therefore does not allow effective personel changes when uninspiring performance occurs. I am very sorry to loose you as a patient. I am trying to negotiate an arrangement with the hospital that will allow more appropriate avenues of both "encouragement and discouragement." Staff are so very important to care of a patient, and I cannot do it without them. Luckily those directly involved in patient care are indeed top notch.

February 2nd, 2016
A Rare Find of a Physician
Dr. McRoberts is a rare find in today's world. He actually cares about his patients and is willing to stand up to the insurance companies. I have been a patient of Dr. McRoberts for years and under his care have been able to successfully control pain in my spine without needing to resort to medications. He is caring, compassionate and professional. I would recommend Dr. McRoberts any day to any patient looking for an honest physician who puts his patients interests ahead of insurance companies and hospital policy.

November 10th, 2015
For nearly five years, I had the good fortune of working as a registered nurse for Dr. Porter McRoberts. During this time, I became acutely aware of his expertise in the field of pain management. In addition to his successful clinical practice, Dr. McRoberts has built an exciting research program which keeps him abreast of the latest methodologies of modern pain management. Dr. McRoberts is himself a pioneer in the field who seeks out and perfects new technologies and methods to improve his patients’ quality of life. Not only has this work been recognized by his fellow clinicians, but he is well-respected and liked by his patients and staff alike. Several of his staff members have worked with Dr. McRoberts for nearly 10 years. This loyalty has resulted in a practice that is extremely efficient, professional and also an enjoyable place to work and to be treated. I am extremely grateful for the valuable training that I gained while working for Dr. McRoberts, which has already paid dividends for my own career advancement. As a true measure of my faith in his skill, I referred my own family member to Dr. McRoberts who was able to treat the pain they had plagued them for decades. I offer my highest recommendation of Dr. McRoberts as he is an outstanding and immensely talented physician who cares deeply for his patients and staff.

October 30th, 2015
After having back surgery, I was in so much pain still, two years later. Dr. McRoberts is a genius! He knew exactly how to take care of my pain and get me off the pain meds I had been living on for over 2 years. I cannot say enough good things about him, his PA and his staff. From the minute you walk into his office, until the moment you walk out, you know you are in the best hands. I never feel rushed, he's very personable and knowledgeable.

September 30th, 2015
Terrific Doctor
Really helped tirelessly to treat the pain. I don't think many other doctors, if any of all of them we saw, would have kept at it until finding some answers.

September 16th, 2015
This Is a great office
Ive been coming to Dr.Mcroberts for many years now, faces have changed but the courteousness of the staff has not. He spends time going over my M.R.Is and makes sure I understand each and every diagnosis and each procedure which may help. His staff is very knowledgeable and they are willing and able to describe my procedure before and while in the room. His outside nurses Tammy Luisa Marlene and Adrienne always make me feel welcome and help me calm down before my injections. His inside nurses Michelle and Lydia always greet me with a smile and often "joke around" with me to put me at ease. They are curious about which procedures helped and how much help they were. When they ask me these questions they seem genuinely concerned and not as if they are asking because they have to. On the way out of the room they wish me luck and often say they will pray for good results, those girls are quite possibly the best part of the visit I never roll out of the rooms feeling anything but loved. The Dr. has done so much for my pain and I don’t know what I would if he was no longer available to me. If you are in pain, need an office where people care about you, and feel as if there is nowhere else to go this is the place to be. He wants to make sure you are able to get going , not sit around like a zombie because of all the meds other doctors gave to cover the pain. Thanks Doctor + staff I don’t know what my life would be like without you guys.

September 13th, 2015
Finally after 15 years I found a doctor who took care of my back pain. Besides being a great Dr. he is also a pretty cool guy. I will highly recommend him to anyone who has back problems. He's the best young gun that holycross has . Thanks doc. for all you did to improve my quality of life.