Dr. William Meyers, MD
Gastroenterologist (digestive), Hepatologist, Pediatric Specialist, Surgical Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Exceptional Facility  |  show details
May 1st, 2014

This is a one-stop full service health care experience with top-notch professionals. Consultation, surgery, and rehabilitation are all housed in the same facility. Dr. Meyers is very caring and exceptionally competent. There is a considerable wait time, however, it's well worth it!

|  auto liver transplant  |  show details
by Carol A.west on Dec 9th, 2013

He is a wonderful dr he always took time for me. In my book he is one of the best dr I have ever seen. He saved my life I will never forget that I owe him so much. I want to take time to thank him. Anybody that needs a great doctor he is top notch.

|  This man is a genius! And compassionate!  |  show details
Jul 6th, 2012

Dr. Meyers is a Godsend! He corrected our son's problem (sports hernia) in early April and is now training at the highest level for his college football squad (June). He and his staff where caring and exceptional in every way possible. We are blessed to have such a fine doctor in our local area. We will be grateful to him forever for returning our son to full capability. This man is a genius and a compassionate doctor.

|  pelvic  |  show details
by JD on Nov 18th, 2010

I have always had a passion for tennis, weight lifting and past few years basketball.My parents passed away at 56 and 66, so I was a fitness nut. I was 1st one at gym 5 in morning and would be there for 2 hours.I developed a pain in my lower ab/pelvis area. moving in bed, hittin a bump while driving, coughing, lathering a wash cloth, pushing a vacuum, just trying to open and door or sep over a curb was extremely painful.I eventually went to Doylestown Hospital emergency ward and after spending all day they foound nothing, perhaps some problems with my back. My family Dr advised an MRI and cat Scan. I did so and results were fine.I then went to Doylestown Hospital's hernia Specialist, he found nothing and suggested a Dr who would mentally make me cope with the pain.Luck may have it some guy I met at gym advised I see Dr Meyer. I called and the 1st thing they wanted was an MRI, I stated that I just had one. They laughed and stated they didn't have the right protecol, it did not go deep enough. Sure enough I had the MRI and then saw Dr Meyer. The reuslts revealed that my stomach muscles were torn off of my Pelvis and that they needed to be reattached.I couldn't believe it, took about a yr to find the problem and then i had to wait a few months to get in for surgery due to his busy schedule. There were alot of young men form all over Country to see him. West coast hockey and soccer players.I had surgery and it has been almost 2 yrs, but I am feeling great and back to gym dojng all my old things. more stretching now and lighter weights.I also had a problem with my right leg, very weak had to carry when running and climbing a ladder. Dr Meyer found this also, knew it was a "hip tear". I had an MRI with die injected into hip. he sent me to the best, Dr coleman in NY, Hospital of Special Surgery. Been about 4 months and i am back to playing full court basketball.I am working hard to improve but I feel that I am about 75% but most of all pain free.I feel he was a great Dr for performing the surgery and diagnosing the symptoms. he is overloaded and basically gets you into surgery for repairs then you are really on hour own after that, no guarantees.Sex has been challenging the past few years though, working on it. I was very active even after 30 years of marriage.I feel I owe Dr Meyers and count my blessings.Best wishes to all,JD

|  Dr. Meyers probably saved my life  |  show details
Nov 10th, 2010

I am a gall bladder cancer survivor (5 years!)and a patient of Dr. Meyers. I have complete faith and trust in Dr. Meyers' and his staff's medical abilities. I strongly recommend him.

|  show details
Oct 24th, 2010

I had a great experience with Dr. Meyers. Yes, there was a wait in the office before my appointment time, but I found that when it was my turn, he took plenty of time to listen to my concerns and help me understand my choices in treating my condition. His demeanor is somewhat business-like, but he very much cares about his patients and will do anything he can to help you.

|  he refused followups after surgical nightmare that disabled me  |  show details
Dec 28th, 2009

had serious complication after surgery yet he did not allow followup visit! His assistant Marcia refused to allow appointments - Marcia gave medical opinion over phone that re-tears of the repaired muscle is not possible. she has no medical experience (see comments from other patients above - agree with others that she could pass a polygraph test while smiling - very charming but definitely unhelpful after surgery) eventually did get followup appointments after 3 months of insistance - but doctor literally Walked out the door after 2 minutes and said everything was fine without even getting details on my pain, recurring trama etc. Have heard from many others that he has a jekyl and hyde personality.Eventually flew to Germany to see Doctor Muschawek, who is now preferred by Major League Soccer. She repaired his re-torn surgery, which helped the groin pain quite a bit, but was too late to help the other complications that arose followng his surgery and am now severely disabled as a result. (because of the retorn muscle, which he never diagnosed because of poor followup, other muscles tore, yet I kept going through strenuous rehabilitation exercises since he said that intense pain is normal.His procedure is now considered outdated and "barbaric" several doctors because he cuts tendons, which can totally throw off the musculature of the pelvis and lead to seriously crippling complications.would highly recommend dr. Muschawek in Germany, as she is much more thorough and performs and less invasive procedure that is now becoming much more advocated than meyers procedure. watch the espn video on jagpt.comPlease avoid this man at all costs.

|  Don't be sidlined by his affiliations, expertice, and promises.  |  show details
Nov 23rd, 2009

Try to make peace with the fact that all surgeons, including Dr. Meyers, may never be able to repair your injuries/pain/symptoms. In fact, surgery may and can make it worse.After years of my own research and forwarding all medical records I could find in regard to my condition, Dr. Meyers spent approximately 15 miniutes reading them prior to making the decision and suggesting that one of his many surgical options could help me. He appeared much more interested in telling me about his background and experiernce rather than listening to what I had to say, almost as if I were interupting his scripted and memorized resume.I am now worse than before and wished I had never flown to Philadelphia (all expenses, including hospital/surgery, etc. were made on credit as insurance does not always cover this proceedure). I strongly suggest that you not take a chance and make the same mistakes I did. Find some other way to get better if possible or make peace with how your body works and your pain level (be it accupuncture, prolotherapy, physical therapy, change in lifestyle, and even perhaps disability in one form or another.Dr. Meyers gave me his cellular/pager number to use prior to and after surgery. After complications (staph infection perhaps sustained at Hanamann Hospital) I called Dr. Meyers twice and he never returned my calls. I was in great pain and was suffering but never a return call. This information was shared with his assistant Marcia but once again, he never called. Upon a 3-week post-surgical follow-up appointment with my physician at home, surgical, MRI, chart, nor surgical notes had been forwarded. 4 weeks, later; still waiting to hear from Dr. Meyers. Doubt that I ever will.

|  Waited Months  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2009

I found Dr Meyers at first to be his own man , very much different as time went by . He made a quick diagnosis , prognosis But several months later after waiting and suffering . Never followed through with his initial optimistic approach to my dilemma. His demeanor changed after I waited 5 MONTHS and each time there waited 4 hours minimum in his exam room !!! for this promised surgery ! Then out of no where he set another recourse which was ridiculous and aggravating . That surgery wouldn't be beneficial contrary to all my other doctors beliefs the only option was a surgical approach . Without calling several doctors I gave him for contacts he redundantly said he'd call and never did . As for his secretary Marcia she really sounds likes shes telling the truth I bet she could pass a polygragh test with no problem with a smile and innocent caring act but the horrid 'innocent' lies postpone your issues forever ,She also give her medical opinion she has no medical degree though . She definitely has Dr Meyers back in every aspect!

|  Great Doctor.  |  show details
by Winn Theriot on Oct 1st, 2009

It has been great dealing with him. He fixed my right side with no problems. I just wish I would of mention my left side when I had the chance because its hurting to the piont were I can't sit anymore from the rehab.

|  show details
by hurting on Apr 19th, 2009

very impatient during followup visits. met 3 times for about 3 minutes each time. very abrupt. misdiagnosed a re-tear of the muscle that he had tried to re-attach, which ended up disabling me. another doctor caught his mistake 2 years later.