Dr. William Meyers MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

March 12th, 2016
10 Stars
Dr Meyers' appointment book is full. This is to be expected when you are trying to see the top doctor in his field... There is a lot of demand. Apart from waiting for the appointment, every aspect of my procedure exceeded my expectations. His knowledge, his humble review of his qualifications to perform the needed procedure, his willingness to engage and answer all of my questions, the knowledge and qualifications of his team... all of the details needed to accommodate and support me during and after the procedure were accounted for as if I was a superstar with a $100m groin. I would rate him 10 stars if it was available.

August 19th, 2015
Great Dr. Wish I was Referred MUCH E
I saw many (Over 10 )doctors after having issues in my abdominal region, hip /back pain... Whatever A specialist could possibly have said it was...this just led to massive confusion and it took years to finally get a my torn Labrum fixed, yet that unfortunately was not the entire problem for me.What angered me was I live in The NJ/NYC Area, Yet even after HSS(Anil Rannawat) Even mentioned possible sports hernia(Seems they Happen to go hand-in-hand ) Yet He had absolutely no referrals for me.... I had my surgery not with Rannawat but Boettner @ HSS NYC. I continued to have pain /problems, And Boettner was Downright nasty about my complaints . He was absolutely not helpful .Nobody picked up on the fact that I had a torn abdominal region and nerve Impingement(Even after psoas Injections that were painful). Well except for Dr. rannawat , but Even after my hip surgery he Was also useless and did not seem to care, Saying I had RSD! I finally saw Dr. Meyers a few years later, I didn't even care that I had to pay out-of-pocket.... He helped me and I'm so thankful yet I just wish that I had had the knowledge that was denied to me from HSS. I was told I Could Possibly have a sports hernia 5 yrs before I Eventually had it Fixed , yet they did not know anyone in the tri-state area that could do it? That was an Out right lie and HSS in NYC should be ashamed. I wasted years of my life on pain medications and going to Dr's that were unhelpful in my condition & even in some cases ,harmful as I Pursued Active release therapy(Causing more issues to my impinged nerves). It saddens me that I wasted years of my Married fertile life because of inability of Certain Dr's Disapproval to just give the push in the right direction. Dr Myers was great except he kept trying to pursue the condition that was already dealt with.... Seeing three doctors including Dr. Coleman from HSS. I wish that five years earlier I just paid out of pocket, Despite huge premiums just to go see Dr. Coleman because I Believe would had Meyers do my surgery much earlier. I don't believe anyone on here complaining of hip issues Afterwards because that's one thing Myers wants to rule out prior. It seems that they are Hand-in-hand but the hip Most always fixed first. I hope this helps someone else that was in my situation, Just mentioning back pain Opens a whole Nother door and even years of your life wasted . Back issues (Muscle pain )doesn't mean that it's not your hip or your abdominals just being week or injured & In need of surgery

May 7th, 2015
Vincera Institute Outstanding
Dr. Meyers pioneered the core muscle injuries field. He is very compassionate and takes time with each patient so I don't mind waiting to see him. He is very smart, dedicated and truly cares. I'm an older weekend athlete and he gives just as much to the regular person as he does to the big name athletes. The other doctors (hip, etc) who are associated with Vincera are top notch and the physcial rehabilitation program is comprehensive and individually tailored to your injury,

April 14th, 2015
Dr. Meyers is great, not so sure about all the billing staff

March 13th, 2015
The most amazing doctor and practice

February 23rd, 2015
Sick
Just send you in and out for the money. Got surgery , made it worse and cut me off after it. When returning for follow ups he was useless, and provided no help, couldn't explain why it was worse after .

May 1st, 2014
Exceptional Facility
This is a one-stop full service health care experience with top-notch professionals. Consultation, surgery, and rehabilitation are all housed in the same facility. Dr. Meyers is very caring and exceptionally competent. There is a considerable wait time, however, it's well worth it!

December 9th, 2013
auto liver transplant
He is a wonderful dr he always took time for me. In my book he is one of the best dr I have ever seen. He saved my life I will never forget that I owe him so much. I want to take time to thank him. Anybody that needs a great doctor he is top notch.

November 10th, 2010
Dr. Meyers probably saved my life
I am a gall bladder cancer survivor (5 years!)and a patient of Dr. Meyers. I have complete faith and trust in Dr. Meyers' and his staff's medical abilities. I strongly recommend him.

October 24th, 2010
I had a great experience with Dr. Meyers. Yes, there was a wait in the office before my appointment time, but I found that when it was my turn, he took plenty of time to listen to my concerns and help me understand my choices in treating my condition. His demeanor is somewhat business-like, but he very much cares about his patients and will do anything he can to help you.

October 7th, 2009
Waited Months
I found Dr Meyers at first to be his own man , very much different as time went by . He made a quick diagnosis , prognosis But several months later after waiting and suffering . Never followed through with his initial optimistic approach to my dilemma. His demeanor changed after I waited 5 MONTHS and each time there waited 4 hours minimum in his exam room !!! for this promised surgery ! Then out of no where he set another recourse which was ridiculous and aggravating . That surgery wouldn't be beneficial contrary to all my other doctors beliefs the only option was a surgical approach . Without calling several doctors I gave him for contacts he redundantly said he'd call and never did . As for his secretary Marcia she really sounds likes shes telling the truth I bet she could pass a polygragh test with no problem with a smile and innocent caring act but the horrid 'innocent' lies postpone your issues forever ,She also give her medical opinion she has no medical degree though . She definitely has Dr Meyers back in every aspect!

October 1st, 2009
Great Doctor.
It has been great dealing with him. He fixed my right side with no problems. I just wish I would of mention my left side when I had the chance because its hurting to the piont were I can't sit anymore from the rehab.