Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Dr. Winifred Parnell show details Dr. Winifred Parnell
Mar 15th, 2016

Dr. Parnell has been my ob-gyn since I was 18 years old, so needless to say, I've watched the office grow, change, and slowly diminish from a respectful and professional atmosphere to one that is careless and reckless. In the past year, I have waited weeks (and one time a month) for results on various test; I was reluctant to trust my health with anyone else…at first. I spoke with Dr. Parnell on several occasions regarding the drastic change in his office, and was reassured that it was due to the office staff, and that it would improve soon. I trusted him; Dr. Parnell and his staff were like family! Recently, I discovered that I was pregnant, and I immediately contacted the office to schedule an appointment to receive my RHO-gam shot; it is necessary to the antibiotics in my blood. I was told that he said that I should wait; I called feverishly throughout the week, but kept talking with the same sad nurse who reassured me that Dr. Parnell was indeed receiving my messages, and that she was relaying his messages verbatim to me. Unfortunately, I begin to experience bleeding and cramping, went to the emergency room, and ultimately had to hear Dr. Parnell tell me that he'd never received my messages, that the nurse was giving me wrong information, and that he was sorry, but that I was probably experiencing a miscarriage. I'll say again that I have never been so disappointed, angry, and sad at the same time until the man that delivered both of my children stood before me, and admitted that he would want better medical care for his own daughter, but that he was sorry that I had not received it. Please save your heartache. This was at one point a respectable, accurate, and thriving physician, but like a lot of things in life, it has withered. Choose someone else.

Best OB/GYN ever! show details Best OB/GYN ever!
by Cathey Heitman on Sep 12th, 2015

Excellent Doctor for almost 30 years! Thankful he has been my Dr. all this time

Jan 13th, 2015

A thorough, attentive and excellent physician.

Not the best choice show details Not the best choice
by Naj on Mar 9th, 2013

I was a patient of Dr. Parnell before I switched doctors. I was completely dissatisfied with the services I was provided while a patient of Dr. Parnell. The receptionist always seemed to have an attitude. Dee Dee, Dr. Parnell's assistant was always pushy and rude, to me always overstepping her boundaries when dealing with me. I'm assuming because I am young (24 yrs old) and this is my first child, she assumed she could say whatever came to her mind. While Dr. Parnell is kind he did not possess the bedside manners I would expect of someone who has been in the profession for so many years. He answered his phone on TWO separate occasions during our appointments, both times insisting that he "had to take this." Additionally, he did not provide me with a confirmation sonogram for my pregnancy, something that I thought was a given during pregnancy. He actually did not do any sonograms for me while I was his patient, another thing that prompted me to switch. I was given a paper to sign, that said if I requested a sonogram before it was offered to me I would be charged $200. The final and most important factor that caused me to switch from Dr. Parnell was that on one occasion, I called to say I was experiencing cramps and wasn't sure what they meant or what I should do. I had to leave a message, as his assistant Dee Dee was working with other patients. My call was NEVER returned. I mean like NEVER. Once I said I wanted my medical records, I received at least 5 calls from Dee Dee to inquire about why I was switching. It seems they are most concerned with keeping you for business but not about the health of your growing baby! This is my first pregnancy, so I did not know what to expect during the process but since switching, I can easily recognize that Dr. Parnell was not the right doctor for me. I would NOT recommend him.

Jan 24th, 2012

Dr. Parnell is the best. He cares for his patient and provides the best care possible for his patients. I would highly recommend him.

Wonderful practice! show details Wonderful practice!
by B. Olivarez on Sep 8th, 2010

I've been with Dr. Parnell for over 11 yrs and I have nothing but the best remarks for both the doctor and his staff. Also met with each of the other doctors in his practice during my pregnancy(routine) and they all seemed really good, as well. Have never waited more than 10 minutes to get in. Highly recommend him!

Best doctor I've ever visited show details Best doctor I've ever visited
by Natasha Briggs on Jul 28th, 2010

I enjoyed the visit with Dr. Parnell and his staff was very personable. They were athentic and showed genuine interest in my needs. They were very professional and thorough in a timely fashion. I did not have to wait long at all to be seen. I was very comfortable and would highly recommend him to any and all.

by Sylvia W. on Oct 22nd, 2009

Dr. Winfred Parnell has been my doctor for over 22 years I have recommended him to all of my sisters and friends. He is the best doctor I have ever had the pleasure of being under their care. He always has his nurse in the room and never makes you feel uncomfortable. His bedside manner is second to none. He always give you options to any problems that you may be having, he never does a procedure that you do not fully understand or agree to. Any and every time I have needed to discuss something with him he has always called me back. His staff is professional and very organized. He and his staff has a great sense of humor but at the same time they take your healthcare very serious! I highly recommend him to anyone who is seeking a new doctor or if this would be your first time at a Gynecologist office. I wouldn't trust anyone else but Dr. Parnell with my health care needs.

Great first Visit show details Great first Visit
Oct 22nd, 2009

I went to Dr.Parnell for the first time and he was very thorough and professional. He made sure that if there was something to be found he would find it and take care of it. I'm very proud to have found someone who cares more about his patients than a paycheck. I would recommend him to all my friends and family.

Dr. Winfred Parnell show details Dr. Winfred Parnell
by Rose Grant on Oct 4th, 2009

Dr. Parnell has been my gynecologist for more than twenty years. He delivered my daughter in 1988. He is very courteous and professional. His explanations are very clear and thourough. I feel that he is always concerned about my health and want to provide the best medical treatment possible. His staff is always friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend him to anyone.

by KELLI on Jul 23rd, 2008

DR. PARNELL IS GENUINELY CONCERNED ABOUT HIS PATIENTS. HE IS VERY THOROUGH AND ALSO PROFESSIONAL. HE IS ALSO VERY COMMITTED TO HIS SPECIALTY. I HAVE BEEN A PATIENT OF DR. PARNELL FOR OVER 10 YEARS AND I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM.

Excellent doctor in need of a minor personality make over. show details Excellent doctor in need of a minor personality make over.
Jul 18th, 2008

Excellent doctor. Very smart and committed to his profession. He's very thorough. However, his personality can be a bit dry and lead to awkard moments during your visit. He follows up in a timely manner. Other than that, you'll be glad you chose him.