Dr. Zacharia Isaac MD Patient Reviews

• Pain Management Charlestown, MA

3.9

April 11th, 2016
Dr Isaac is an extremely caring physician. the wait time may be a little long but he is worth waiting for.

October 1st, 2015
Patient
Dr. Isaac's expertise is second to none! I'm so fortunate to have been a recipient of his expertise!

January 21st, 2015
Highly recommend Dr. Isaac!

January 17th, 2015
IF YOU ARE NOT RICH AVOID DR. ISAAC!!!!!!
Charged $140 for sending an email about bad RX side effects. Seriously! Good-bye Dr. Isaac.

January 31st, 2014
An extraordinary, kind and competent doctor.
I saw Dr. Isaac after several attempts to solve some long term and severe pain in my lower spine. He is so competent, attentive, respectful and kind! He gave a thoughtful diagnosis, consulted with another physician who had treated me in the past and arranged for treatment and follow up in the near future. I left feeling so thankful that I was his patient!

April 19th, 2013
So glad to have found him
When the results of my MRI came back, the only options physicians seemed to consider were surgical. I was extremely frightened of having surgery on my back and went to great lengths to try to find non-surgical options. After being referred to orthopedic surgeon after orthopedic surgeon, I called an old boyfriend who is a pediatric physiatrist on the west coast to ask for his recommendation. He put me in touch with the medical director at Spaulding who in turn suggested Dr. Isaac. I avoided surgery. Indeed, surgery would have been the wrong thing to do. Dr. Isaac works closely with an amazing PT. Between them, I was able to regain my life. I find Dr. Isaac to be kind, compassionate and a team player. I am grateful to have found him and would not hesitate to refer friends and family to him.

June 4th, 2012
Mostly positive
I have seen Dr. Isaac for a chronic spine issue and have been happy with his care. Indeed, I have referred two friends to him. Still, he has said a couple of things that made me cringe. For instance, on a recent visit, I did not want pain meds but he felt it was best that I have a prescription at the ready in case I needed it lest I be in pain for 8 hours before he was able to respond to a request. That part struck me as kind and considerate. Unfortunately, he went on to say that he'd hate for me to have a panic attack over the pain. OK, that was offensive. I was too stunned to say anything. He didn't really just say that, did he? Then he repeated it. I have NEVER had a panic attack and tend to tolerate a good bit of pain for a long period of time before I start getting miffed about it. So he can have a bit of foot in mouth disease but overall, I like him and think he tries to do right by me. I do think he should be a little more careful about what he says at times.

May 12th, 2012
Very disappointed
I waited over two months for this appointment for chronic severe pain and was extremely disappointed. While Dr. Isaac's resident did a good intake, Dr. Isaac himself neither did a physical exam nor asked me a single question before pronouncing his diagnosis based on a single five year old xray report that had only some minor age-typical findings (the x-ray actually stated, no significant abnormality) that most doctors now feel are not associated with or causative of my particular type of pain. Dr. Isaac had nothing to recommend except to exercise which I already was doing and a medication for sleep that was inappropriate in light of my medical history. This was one of the most disappointing medical appointments I ever have had, especially given the long wait.

November 15th, 2011
The Best!!!
I never have to wait more than 5 minutes to see the doctor. Everyone in the office is very pleasant, courteous, and professional. The nursing staff is very caring and compassionate and makes me feel at ease every time. Dr. Isaac is very knowledgable and takes his time anwsering questions or concerns I may have. I never feel rushed or insignificant. It's as if your own family member is caring for you.

December 18th, 2010
Very caring doctor really takes the time to understand
I do not see him at Spaulding like it seems other patients who rated him (and his practice) as mediocre do. I seem him at Brigham and Womans (he sees patients both in the hospital and at Boylston st location). I have seen him four or five times over a five year period and EVERY SINGLE TIME in both locations he was INCREDIBLY intuitive, kind, and caring and took ALOT of time with me. Much more than any other doctor. I have a somewhat mild,mundane problem that because of other factors severely effects my life and have had alot of trouble getting docs to understand and truly help. He does. He's compassionate, a great listener, nuanced, intuitive. He got pretty poor ratings to my surprise in the Spaulding practice...perhaps he is not allowed or cannot take the time in that practice to listen as he does best. See him at the Brigham and be relieved. I even cried in front of him and he didn't judge me.

December 6th, 2010
I was sent to see Dr Isaac from another physician as an another opinion. He was put off that I had had injections done elsewhere. I was seem by his resident first who did not have a clue, she made the comment "you know Dr Isaac does injections." I brought my previous notes with me, they did not even look at them, and she began to ask questions that were in the notes. He did not want to help me and criticized the treatment I received, and went back and forth on his recommendation. I tried to pin him down and he never answered my question though I was there two hours, most spent waiting.

August 9th, 2010
Nice guy, useless doctor.
If you have to see Dr. Isaac, it is best that you have zero expectations. After decades of doctors trying all the pain management options, all he has done is try them all over again. If you're looking for medications, this is your man. If you're sick of the narcotics and their effect on your life, then this doctor is not going to help you.