- Ulcerative Colitis Get the facts about ulcerative colitis, including what causes it, signs and symptoms, and complications that can arise from the condition.
- Psoriatic Arthritis Get the facts about psoriatic arthritis, including who gets it, the symptoms, and the different types.
- Adult Asthma Get the facts about adult asthma, including who gets it, what triggers it, and how allergies can affect it.
- Fibromyalgia Get the facts about fibromyalgia, including the symptoms and conditions that may be related to it.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Thomas B Cook DDS
Dr. Thomas B Cook, DDS is a doctor primarily located in Augusta, ME. Their specialties include Orthodontics. They speak English.
Dr. Thomas B Cook has the following 1 SPECIALTIES
Dr. Thomas B Cook Accepts the Following Insurance
More about Dr. Thomas B Cook
Dr Thomas Cook Dr. Cook received his Bachelor of Arts degree in Mathematics from the University of Vermont where he was captain of the cross country team, the ski team and the track team. He graduated Summa Cum Laude from Ohio State University where he earned his Doctor of Dental Surgery degree. He was inducted into Omicron Kappa Upsilon National Dental Honor Society and upon graduation became a clinical instructor at the OSU College of Dentistry. Dr. Cook went on to pursue his orthodontic degree at Indiana University School of Dentistry. While there, he performed extensive research on the effects of spring design on tooth movement and received his orthodontic and masters degrees in 1976. Dr. Cook continues to be a leader in the field of orthodontics. He has been a frequent lecturer, sharing his orthodontic expertise at dental study clubs and dental offices throughout the state. He was a founder of the Down East Dental Seminars study group He Guest lectured at the University of San Francisco Dental School. He was past president of both the Maine Association of Orthodontists and the Kennebec Valley Dental Society. He has been a member of the executive council of the Maine Dental Association. He currently is an active member of: The American Association of Orthodontists The American Dental Association The Maine Dental Association The Maine Association of Orthodontists The Kennebec Valley Dental Association. Dr Cook is also very active in the community as a board member of the Maranacook Education Foundation and past president of the Ladd Recreation Center. He has been a youth soccer and ski coach. He and his wife, Jan, have two children, Jeni who is a physical therapist and Brian who is a senior at Tufts Dental School. In his spare time, Dr. Cook enjoys golfing and skiing with his family. His other interests include working outdoors and creating in his wood shop.