Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- COPD Get the facts about chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), including symptoms and complications.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
Book Online Now
Dr. Charles R Cummings Jr has the following 1 specialty
Dr. Charles R Cummings Jr has the following 5 expertise
- Laparoscopic Surgery (Laparoscopy)
- Gallbladder Surgery
Showing 5 of 6
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles R Cummings Jr - Posted on August 21st, 2016
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles R Cummings Jr - Posted on January 14th, 2016
Nice Guy, But...
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles R Cummings Jr - Posted on January 9th, 2015
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles R Cummings Jr - Posted on January 23rd, 2014
Dr. Cummings and his staff are wonderful. Dr. Cummings engages on a personal level while relaying all pertinent medical information in a professional manner. I'm very cautious with whom I trust in regards to my health care and I feel confident in Dr. Cummings' knowledge and expertise to partner with me to make the best decision for my care.
Carla Dawkins RN
Self-verified patient of Dr. Charles R Cummings Jr - Posted on February 6th, 2011
Dr. Cummings has performed surgery on myself and both of my parents. He is an excellent and caring physician with a wonderful staff. I would highly recommend him!
Patients' Choice Award (2016, 2015)
Patients' Choice recognition reflects the difference a particular physician has made in the lives of his/her patients. The honor is bestowed to physicians who have received near perfect scores, as voted by patients.
Dr. Cummings is affiliated (can practice and admit patients) with the following hospital(s).
34 Years Experience
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center College Of Medicine
Graduated in 1984
University Of Tennessee Health Science Center
Dr. Charles R Cummings Jr Accepts the Following Insurance
- Aetna Choice POS II
- Aetna HMO
- Anthem Blue Open Access POS Alternate Network
BCBS Blue Card
- BCBS Blue Card PPO
- UHC Choice Plus POS
- UHC Navigate HMO
- UHC Navigate POS
- UHC Options PPO
More about Dr. Charles R Cummings Jr
“I am committed to providing superior surgical care to the community. My partners and I are dedicated to maintaining our position as regional leaders by working as a team to provide the highest quality of care and service to our patients.” Dr. Richard Cummings born in Washington, D.C. in 1952, and graduated at the top of his class with a Bachelor of Science from University of Memphis State in 1974. He earned his Doctor of Medicine from the University of Tennessee Center for Health Sciences in 1978 with a scholarship in surgery. He subsequently served at the Center for Health Sciences as an intern (Jan-June, 1979), a categorical surgeon (1979-1980), a resident in general surgery (1980-1983), and finally chief resident in general surgery (1983-1984). He has maintained a private practice in Atlanta since 1984. Dr. Cummings has been a staff member at St. Joseph’s Hospital, the North Fulton Medical Center, Georgia Baptist Hospital, and West Paces Medical Center, and has served on staff and as chief of general surgery, vice chief of surgery, and chief of surgery at Northside Hospital in Atlanta. Dr. Cummings is a member of the Medical Associations of Atlanta and Georgia, the Medical Center of North Georgia, and the Southern Medical Association. He is a member of the American College of Surgeons, and a fellow of the Southeastern Surgical Congress and the American College of Surgeons. He has given several presentations on a number of surgical procedures, including hernia treatment and modified radical mastectomy. Dr. Cummings lives in Atlanta with his wife, Laura Woods Cummings, M.D.
Locations & DirectionsHOFFMAN SHAAK SURGICAL ASSOCIATES PC, 980 Johnson Ferry Rd, Atlanta, GA
Take a minute to learn about Dr. Charles R Cummings Jr, MD - Surgery in Atlanta, GA, in this video.
Dr. Charles R Cummings Jr is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Atlanta, GA.