Type 2 Diabetes
Type 2 diabetes is a chronic disease in which your body is unable to maintain a normal blood sugar (glucose) level.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Type 2 Diabetes Basic facts about type 2 diabetes & risk factors to be aware of.
- Binge Eating Disorder Facts about binge eating disorder, including symptoms and causes.
- Chronic Idiopathic Constipation Learn about chronic idiopathic constipation, including treatment
- Diabetic Macular Edema Facts about diabetic macular edema, including the different types.
- Eating Disorders Facts about different types of eating disorders.
- Flu Facts about influenza (flu), including symptoms and vaccines.
- Food Allergy Facts about food allergy, including the symptoms and signs.
- GERD Get the facts about gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
- Gout Get the facts about gout, including the risk factors.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Simon Akl
Dr. Simon Akl, DO is a Doctor primarily located in Ventura, CA, with another office in Ventura, CA. His specialties include Family Medicine. He speaks English.
Dr. Simon Akl has 2 locations
Book Online Now
Dr. Simon Akl has the following 1 specialty
- Family Medicine
A family practitioner is a doctor who specializes in caring for people of all ages, at all stages of life. Rather than focusing on the treatment of one disease or patient population, family practitioners are often the doctors that people see for their everyday ailments, like cold and flu or respiratory infections, and health screenings. When necessary, family practitioners will provide referrals for conditions that require the expertise of another specialist.
The doctors may also provide physicals, inoculations, prenatal care, treat chronic diseases, like diabetes and asthma, and provide advice on disease prevention.
Showing 1 of 1
A caring and very knowledgeable as a medical Doctor.
Self-verified patient of Dr. Simon Akl - Posted on October 16th, 2018
I got to see Doctor Akl when I injured my foot/ankle in April . He listened to my concerns I had , giving me answers. He explained that I had a very bad sprained ankle. He got me in physical therapy, plus he recommended me to do certain exercises at home . That was very helpful . During the times I had to see Doctor Akl I complained about me feeling of balance as I was walking. ( I had that at least 3 years) was seen by other doctors before and was told , it might be from some of your medication I was taken , I even got a prescription for dizzy/ nausea pills . But again Doctor Akl was listening. He told me that it could be caused by different medical problems. He thought for a while and said it might be “Vertigo “and gave me an instruction book with exercises I could try at home . I did do them for about 2 weeks . It helped !!!! The symptoms have dissapeared!! I am so thankful for Doctor Akl , that he took the time and his Medical knowledge to help me . He really cares and is very good as a medical Doctor.
Dr. Simon Akl Accepts the Following Insurance
We are sorry, it looks like we don't have insurance information.
Please call Dr. Simon Akl's office for more information.
147 N Brent St Ventura, CA : (310) 440-3131
2721 E Main St Ventura, CA : (805) 667-2841
Locations & Directions
Dr. Simon Akl is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Ventura, CA.