Get the facts about bipolar disorder, including the different types and symptoms of each.
- Bipolar Disorder Facts about bipolar disorder, including different types and symptoms.
- ADHD Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), including the different types and who gets them.
- Adult ADHD Facts about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) in adults.
- Clinical Depression Clinical depression facts; symptoms & other depressive disorders.
- Depression Facts about depression, including the symptoms of the condition.
- Epilepsy Facts about epilepsy, including different types, symptoms and causes.
- Erectile Dysfunction Facts about erectile dysfunction (ED), including causes.
- Schizophrenia Facts about schizophrenia, including the different types.
- Tardive Dyskinesia Facts about Tardive Dyskinesia, including symptoms and treatment
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. David R Bowman
Dr. David R Bowman, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Bangor, ME. His specialties include Psychiatry. He speaks English.
Book Online Now
Dr. David R Bowman has the following 1 specialty
A psychiatrist is a doctor with specific training in the diagnosis and treatment of mental illness.<br>He or she can not only provide the counseling necessary to both diagnose and treat a patient, but can also prescribe medication when needed. In some cases, a psychiatrist will only provide the medication and the counseling will be provided by another healthcare specialist, like a certified counselor or psychologist.
Like other doctors, psychiatrists employ diagnostic tools like CT scans and MRI in order to observe the structure and function of a patient's brain.
Once a diagnosis is made, these specialists may use behavior or cognitive therapy in order to address the patient's condition, or a multitude of other types of therapy, in conjunction with or in place of medication.
Dr. David R Bowman has the following 9 expertise
- Personality Disorder
- Mental Illness
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
- Bipolar Disorder
- Mood Disorders
- Clinical Depression
- Manic Depressive Disorder
Dr. David R Bowman is Board Certified in 1 specialty
See the board certifications this doctor has received. Board certifications provide confidence that this doctor meets the nationally recognized standards for education, knowledge and experience.
Showing 1 of 1
Self-verified patient of Dr. David R Bowman - Posted on February 11th, 2018
I have been seen by many different Psychiatrists over the past 10 years and some were “ok”, most would simply interrupt me and ask if I wanted to increase the medication while rushing me out the door. I am so happy I found Dr. Bowman—he listens to me helps keep me involved in the process—I’m finally doing better and on less meds than ever before!
United States Army Medical Center
Please contact the office for more information.
Locations & DirectionsTHE ACADIA HOSPITAL, 268 Stillwater Ave, Bangor, ME
Dr. David R Bowman is similar to the following 4 Doctors near Bangor, ME.